Hybrid View

Default negril couples vs swept away

My husband and I are planning our 25th for Oct. and can't decide which resort. 4 years ago we stayed at San Souci and loved it. Wondering which resort is best for snorkeling, long peaceful walks, and less crowded.
    Also are ocean rooms worth the extra price??? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smokysrus@wowway.com View Post
    My husband and I are planning our 25th for Oct. and can't decide which resort. 4 years ago we stayed at San Souci and loved it. Wondering which resort is best for snorkeling, long peaceful walks, and less crowded.
    Also are ocean rooms worth the extra price??? Thanks
    Snorkeling wise it won't matter between the two because they take you to the same spots. CSA is on 7 mile beach where CN is on Bloody bay, so CSA would have more beach for you to walk. CSA is a larger resort but spread out. CN is more compacted so it's hard to say which is less crowded as that could just be a matter of perception. You guys can mingle or keep to yourselves at either place just fine.

I know I didn't help answer your questions. I guess what I'm getting at is that just pick the one that calls to you more and don't look back. You can't go wrong either way.

If less crowded & long peaceful walks is what you want then CN is your best choice .... Snorkeling will be pretty much the same at either CN or CSA because I think they go to the same places. The bay that CN sits on (Bloody Bay) is PERFECT for a long peaceful walk .... Hubby & I go each morning for the entire length of the bay (about 4 miles total I think) .... You can walk farther at CSA but the beach is not peaceful in my opinion & is very busy with lots of vendors & bars & other resorts. CN is very compact but NEVER feels crowded & everything is very handy. CN is nothing like CSS ... CSS has the GORGEOUS views from above on the cliffs & CN is all level with the most GORGEOUS beach you can imagine with calm clear water. At CN, I'd say that the ocean rooms aren't worth it because there are very few rooms where you can see much ocean through the trees anyway but the garden is lovely no matter which room you are in. Hope you have a FABULOUS anniversary whichever resort you go to.
    Julie

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maxernie View Post
    If less crowded & long peaceful walks is what you want then CN is your best choice .... Snorkeling will be pretty much the same at either CN or CSA because I think they go to the same places. The bay that CN sits on (Bloody Bay) is PERFECT for a long peaceful walk .... Hubby & I go each morning for the entire length of the bay (about 4 miles total I think) .... You can walk farther at CSA but the beach is not peaceful in my opinion & is very busy with lots of vendors & bars & other resorts. CN is very compact but NEVER feels crowded & everything is very handy. CN is nothing like CSS ... CSS has the GORGEOUS views from above on the cliffs & CN is all level with the most GORGEOUS beach you can imagine with calm clear water. At CN, I'd say that the ocean rooms aren't worth it because there are very few rooms where you can see much ocean through the trees anyway but the garden is lovely no matter which room you are in. Hope you have a FABULOUS anniversary whichever resort you go to.
    Thanks for the info!!! I think we will go to CN. My husband and I are walkers and we will love to walk every morning without being bothered very much. One more question, can you snorkel right from the resort? We have our own gear and would love to just walk the beach and go in to snorkel.

We were at CN a few weeks ago and had an amazing snorkel off the beach in front of the Breezes resort next door. There are rocks and a small reef which some pretty interesting fish. Saw a lion fish (don't touch!) and a large spotted eagle ray. You have your own snorkel equipment and I'd suggest you should be a good swimmer too.
    There is nothing to see off the beach at CSA.
    Karon