Default Has anyone flown Caribbean Airlines to JA?

Just looking for thoughts/feedback. Need to book a flight to MBJ for December. Thanks!

I believe this used to be Jamaica Air and we flew from Chicago the last visit to CTI in 2009 4th visit and the flights were fine. However, with the name/ownership change I have no idea what they are like now. They no longer fly out of Chicago and that is a shame. We have a trip booked for December, 2012 but couldn't find a non stop flight.

We took Caribbean Air from jfk to montego. They were half the price of jet blue and well worth it. Nice airline, entertainment on the seats and very efficient

I don't know where you're flying out of, but we used Caribbean Air twice out of Phila since they took over Air Jamaica. No problems.. LOVED the early morning flight. Unfortunately they cut back on their flights out of Phila and they now don't fly out the day were leaving in December. I'm in the process of looking for different flight and nothing compares to AJ/CA, I"m holding off booking our air in hopes that Caribbean Air adds a Wednesday flight out back to their schedule. The only thing I"d watch out for is to keep an eye on their fliglhts. Hopefully no more cutbacks.

We fly them at least one leg of our flight there every year - for the past four years and love them. We've never had any problems. No worries!

Used caribbean air from JFK to mbj last January and it was great! As a matter of fact we are booked for our return trip to CN next January 5th on carribbean air!! $380 for two one way, nonstop. Can't beat it if you ask me. Was it first class, roomy and extravagant? No, but it worked for a 3 1/2 hour flight!

Yes, it used to be Jamaica Air, ( or something like that). We leave from Philly and they have the best times for flying. this past March we got a non stop flight at 6AM!!! we were in Jamaica so early there was no line at immigration!!! we were in couples lounge in 10 minutes... also the flight leaving Jamaica is super late, around 6pm so you don't have to leave the resort until around 2 or so... also when you get back to your airport, its not "Prime Time" for people flying in and you breeze right thru again... you get your full first and last day!!! non stop is also a plus... they seem to be slightly more expensive... about 20$ more per person... but so worth it.

I have heard people say that their flights were cancelled and they didn't notify them... however, we have used them 4 times so far and our flight has never been cancelled.

bottom line, you get more vacation time, no getting to the resort at 6 or 10pm!!!
    if you get non stop, your luggage doesn't get lost in transit
    plus the airline is super nice, and they sell duty free in air!!
    Love them!!

We're flying with them in 2 weeks. Since they cancelled our Fri. flight from Philly without giving us any notice & then reassigning us a day later without giving us a choice, they have alot of making up to do as far as I'm concerned. All worked out in the end, but they're not off to a good start.

We've been using Caribbean Air since it was Air Jamaica. Just flew it in April from Philly. Does not fly every day so be careful with booking. They were on time both ways. The plane was comfortable. You get a bag of chips as a snack both ways.

Flew them in January from Philly. Flight times cannot be beat. 2 free bags is also a big plus.
    We had a few instances with the flight crew that made me uneasy. Assigned seats were given away to early boarders, seemed disorganized. Not like when it was AJ. Would tell one person to turn off thier phone and talk to someone else using theirs and never say a word. Flight was not overly full so I would not be surprised if they start reducing flights. We just did not get a warm and fuzzy and booked another airline for January 2013. I need to see how they work out before I tie my money up with them again. Just my opinion. Others, and I used to be one of them, swear by them. Like I said I just need to see how they work out over the next year or so.

We fly out of Phildelphia and we used them last year. Before that it was Air Jamaica. We loved this airline. It had good flight times out in the morning, it was comfortable, they served meals and beverages and no extra charge for luggage and the prices were good. But they stopped flying every day from Philadelphia so we had to change to US Airways. Us Air was very expensive between tickets and luggage. We keep hoping Caribbean Air comes back full service to Phila.

We used them last Thanksgiving and will be flying them again this year for Christmas. Good early, direct flights. As far as I remember my only complaint was that they had no diet soda. I say go for it.

Caribbean Airlines is the old Air Jamaica. I've heard the same complaints with cancelled flights that Air Jamaica used to do. If you aren't booking too far out it might work, but if you are booking over 6 months out, you might want to look elsewhere.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by JOEPRO View Post
    I believe this used to be Jamaica Air and we flew from Chicago the last visit to CTI in 2009 4th visit and the flights were fine. However, with the name/ownership change I have no idea what they are like now. They no longer fly out of Chicago and that is a shame. We have a trip booked for December, 2012 but couldn't find a non stop flight.
    Have you looked at AA flights? They have several direct flights per week. We've booked Saturday to Saturday and Friday to Wednesday and got direct flights that leave Chicago around 8:00am and return to Chicago arriving around 6:00 pm. Chicago Departure Flights are AA#843 and Arrival Flights are AA#844. They also had direct flights on Sundays

Flight schedule from PHL and JFK cant be beat when they fly. But they are down to only 4 days in PHL and dont tell you when they cancel flights. I found out from this message board that they canceled Friday outbound flights from PHL, and not from them. I had to switch to JFK or loose a day of vacation.

Last June we had a series of delays that delayed our outbound departure by 17 hours, and it took them 6 months of pushing for there customer service to respond.

I understand delays happen, and want them to fix the plane, but just be honest with us. Hopefully that is all behind them, and our upcoming trip will go like clock work for both legs. I'd love nothing more than to say they won me back, and love to fly them

We have flown Air Jamaica out of Philadelphia every year since 2004 and have had no problems. They have cut down on flights and when booking for this September the other day, we could not get a flight for our original departure date. Therefore, we added another day to our trip - no problem mon.

I flew AirJamaica out of BWI when they were AirJamaica and they flew out of BWI...lol...They were awesome! We will use them in July if we decide to do a SR for my birthday.
    CSA - May 2012
    CN - May 2013
    CSS - October 2013

I think we're missing the point. Yes Air Jamaica was great, only had a few minor issues & havew been flying with them since 1995. It's the new takeover by Carribean airlines the original poster was inquiring about. I can only hope they pull it together & straighten themselves out. We'll see in less than 2 weeks, unless they cancel my flight AGAIN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofthebeach View Post
    I think we're missing the point. Yes Air Jamaica was great, only had a few minor issues & havew been flying with them since 1995. It's the new takeover by Carribean airlines the original poster was inquiring about. I can only hope they pull it together & straighten themselves out. We'll see in less than 2 weeks, unless they cancel my flight AGAIN!!
    Exactly. We have flown AJ at least one to 5 times a year since the 90's. April 2011(right after the change) our flight was delayed 24 hours. OK. January this year like I said, things just didn't give me a warm and fuzzy. I could see by the empty seats on the plane they were probably going to start eliminating flights. The clincher was the feeling I got on the plane from the crew. Even AJ didn't handle flight cancellations very well. I will be watching to see how things go. We have booked for January 2013 to Jamaica and for the first time in over 40 flights it's not with AJ/CA. I just didn't want to tie my money to them that far in advance until I have a better feeling for how things are going to pan out. Would I book a flight with them a month or two in advance? Probably but not when we are talking 10 months. Too much can change in that amount of time. I am hoping things change as Caribbean Air gets established but for now I am cautious.

Carol

We flew the Philly flight in June of 2011 and loved the departure time and the flight was fine both ways. We flew out on a Monday and came back on a Monday as well. We have a trip scheduled for April 2013 and hoping to do the same flight again. I think BWI has a somewhat early flight as well, not quite as early as 6AM though.

We have a large group coming, I wonder what it cost to charter a jet? Haha.

We've flown Caribbean Air out of JFK. The flight was scheduled to leave around 6 am and left/landed on time. We then flew into Negril on Tim Air and were at CN early enough to have breakfast.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Just flew Caribbean Air from JFK = had no problems. Left JFK and Montego Bay on time. Showed movies on both flights. Last year they served us breakfast and dinner. This year, they only served plantain chips - so I would advise eating something before you board. Can't beat the flight times either.

Default Я Миронов О.М. и

АТФ , согласен что я Олег Михайлович Миронов (Москвич 1959 г.р.) конкретно мразь, жирное уебище и уебок ))Театр на Таганке зима-весна 2011 Оскар ДРЕМЛЮГА; Семенов Николай Николаевич, Кретов А.Н. известный бизнесмен, Назар:Театр на Таганке рейтинг директор школы деньги Футбол Михалков Курсантская юность Репутация Армия Сухой истории книги мама Мама , приватизация Княжество .Прокуратура Мысли церковь !!! Ефремов домашние животные с 15.07.2003г. – 04.06.2005г. – советник генерального директора ООО «ЖАСО-Полис». магазины "Океан" !!!
    А также я Миронов Олег Михайлович мразь и чмошник !!!