Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default The First Thing We Do After Check In At Couples..., what are your must do's?

Just curious what everyone does after they check in at Couples....

What do you do or where do you go after settling in? Do you have any must do's or rituals??

beach bar, take a nap, walk the beach??

Dush to the bar for our first '' Dirty banana ''

We usually arrive at Swept Away around 2:00 or so and our room is usually not ready. So, we change into shorts or bathing suit in the loby, head down to Seagrapes for a fish sandwhich, or the fish tacos, grab a Red Srtipe light at the self serve tap, or maybe the bar in the Palms. I'll go and fill in the forms at the dive hut, and then if the room isn't ready, it's time to get wet! If the room is ready, we unpack and then get wet! Probably Patois for dinner after watching the sun drop into the sea. Gotta love it!!!!

Grab a drink and head straight to the dive shop. While its fun staying in contact with our friends online, it's soooo much better to finally catch up again in person. Plus, gotta sign up for those dives before the list gets full!

Put our swim suits on, get a burger from the grill, walk to the other side of resort on the beach, grab a drink, get in the hot tub by Palms. Then to room for a nap and unpacking. only 88 days till we return home.

ohhh good question!!!

We usually have to wait for our room, but the first thing we do is get something to eat at CTI. Then we walk around and find out who is working so we can say "hi". Then hubby sits in the lobby on the sofas facing the island and I go check in at the internet cafe.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by louiseandjames View Post
    Just curious what everyone does after they check in at Couples....

What do you do or where do you go after settling in? Do you have any must do's or rituals??

beach bar, take a nap, walk the beach??
    We usually arrive around 3:30 (same flight time every trip, so far) Once we get somewhat settled in the room and check out the view, we get into our swim suits, walk around to say hello to staff members and then hit the pool bar. I guess you would call it a very relaxed ritual... We are always taken by the the beauty of the Caribbean ~ instant relaxation!

Hello,
    Our routine depends on the time of day we arrive at the resort! If we arrive and our room isn't ready, we head down to the Beach Grill at CSS and order our first Jerk Burger of the trip and our first drink of choice for vacation -- Red Stripe for hubby and Rum Punch with a dark float for me! Then we head over to SSB!

If our room is ready, we drop off our luggage and then head to down to the Beach Grill, get our grub on and the head to SSB!

I love that first day routine and can't wait until our next trip in July!!!!

One Love,
    suzyQ

Hit the beach, letting the surf wash over our feet.... nothing like it!!!!

We walk straight through the lobby to the beach bar - a pia colada for him, a Higher Level with extra rum for me! After that, we walk the resort from end to end. Then it's time for the beach! Can't wait - 63 days!

We usually don't get in til 5 ish so after getting into our room we hit the beach for a rum punch at the Sunset Bar (CSA) and watch our first sunset. We usually go Feb/Mar.

We usually arrive late afternoon and are starving so we hit the Beach Grill at CN and get jerk chicken plates with onion rings and cold Red Stripe beer. Can't wait!

Breathe deeply and then exhale all of the stress....then embrace my inner kid and get ready to enjoy our version of Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by gonegril View Post
    Breathe deeply and then exhale all of the stress....then embrace my inner kid and get ready to enjoy our version of Disney!
    I like that

I'm usually hungry when we arrive so we hit the pool bar at CSA for my first frozen concoction of our trip (dirty banana usually) and then the grill for burgers.

We arrive pretty shattered at about 10 pm after travelling and queuing and waiting and sitting in squashed up seats for about 22 hours - Gloucestershire to Gatwick to MoBay to CSA. This year the check in was so efficient with the new system and we were in our room within 15 minutes.

We unpack as quickly as possible and then wander excitedly down the familiar paths to the Cabana Grill for a Jamaican snack and a cold beer from the Patois Bar ideally served to us by Kevern. The long journey, the stressful year, the family stuff - it all slips away into the warm fragrant darkness to be eaten by the tree frogs and our joyful relaxing much-anticipated holiday begins. We have never been disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthjfj View Post
    We arrive pretty shattered at about 10 pm after travelling and queuing and waiting and sitting in squashed up seats for about 22 hours - Gloucestershire to Gatwick to MoBay to CSA. This year the check in was so efficient with the new system and we were in our room within 15 minutes.

We unpack as quickly as possible and then wander excitedly down the familiar paths to the Cabana Grill for a Jamaican snack and a cold beer from the Patois Bar ideally served to us by Kevern. The long journey, the stressful year, the family stuff - it all slips away into the warm fragrant darkness to be eaten by the tree frogs and our joyful relaxing much-anticipated holiday begins. We have never been disappointed.
    Kevern is a great guy .... In Jan he was at the Martini bar.

Red Stripe and a beef patty !!!
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

Are we related, because that is exactly what we do!!!!

We head straight for the beach.............unpacking can wait!

Arrival time for us is usually sometime between noon and 3, and we have never had a room ready for us when we checked in. We travel in shorts and sandals, so we are already casual enough to head to Seagrapes for some lunch and then to the bar for a cool drink. Back to the front desk and our room is most likely ready. Once to our room we may "take a nap" ;-) or change to run down to the beach for a while before the sun goes down. Depends how we feel and what we want to do for dinner. Really we have no plans for anything when we go to CSA other than lots of alone time which we get precious little of at home. We may have some things we want to get to during the week, but nothing is a "must do" for us. We relax and totally take things as they come. We often go through a day doing nothing but hanging out and walking the beach. First day there is no exception.

Have fun, relax.

Head to the beach with cocktails in hand. Grab some sweet potato chips-n-dip and get into Jamaica vacation mode Unpack after the sun sets!!

Quote Originally Posted by louieandsusie View Post
    Head to the beach with cocktails in hand. Grab some sweet potato chips-n-dip and get into Jamaica vacation mode Unpack after the sun sets!!
    I will definitely have to try the sweet potato chips/dip!

We unpack and head to the beach. At CSA, we stop at SeaGrapes for lunch on the way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast