Thread: ???'s about SSB

Default ???'s about SSB

This will be our first time to a couples resort, and should we choose to do so, our first time going A/N. I don't want to break any rules, but am confused by some things I am reading. Can you walk into the area and past the pool to the beach clothed, grab a chair and then strip? Or do you have to remove your clothes before entering the area?

Also, if you want to eat a bite, do you have to walk up naked, order and eat naked, or can you walk with a towel around you and order and eat? I feel weird at the thought of eating naked, maybe just me.

Default Don't over think it....

We never walked in naked, We walked in found our spot either by the pool or on the beach then undressed. Nobody sweats it really. There are no nudity police watching your every move to ensure compliance. It's no big deal mon. If people see that your normally nude but prefer to have bottoms or a towel to eat they won't sweat that either. Eating naked kinda didnt sit well with us either at first by the afternoon we didnt care. you probably wont either.
    We were first timers and even played naked bocci so dont worry and enjoy
    Ken & Karen

Quote Originally Posted by blridgway View Post
    This will be our first time to a couples resort, and should we choose to do so, our first time going A/N. I don't want to break any rules, but am confused by some things I am reading. Can you walk into the area and past the pool to the beach clothed, grab a chair and then strip? Or do you have to remove your clothes before entering the area?

Also, if you want to eat a bite, do you have to walk up naked, order and eat naked, or can you walk with a towel around you and order and eat? I feel weird at the thought of eating naked, maybe just me.

Quote Originally Posted by blridgway View Post

You have to be dressed until you enter the AN beach...find a chair and then disrobe.

Once you get used to being naked, the eating part will not be a big deal...we have seen a few people wrap towels around their waist, but for the most part, people just go to the bar/grill area nude and order.

Just an FYI for an AN newbie - if you are going to sit at the bar or at a chair at one of the tables near the grill, it is always good nudist etiquette to sit on a towel. When we were at SSB in March, we saw a few people sitting at the bar with nothing between their butt and the seat. Obviously this does not apply to the seats in the pool.
    CSS - March, 2012
    CTI - March, 2013, 2014, 2015

Thanks for posting biridgway..I had the same questions. So weeboy1...no one will be offended if I wrap a towel/sarong around me for eating? We are very excited about our upcoming trip and first AN experience. But the eating naked...just not crazy about! THANKS!

Jusy FYI Its are thrid time there walk in find a place,go grab a towel a drink undress and enjoy your self, most of the time every one ends up in the pool by 2 or 3 to mingle no one is going to even look at you they will think you have been there before....

Keywest51

I think some will have a problem with a sarong.

Most will walk naked to the grill where the buffet is set up and then carry their plate over to the bar or to the tables near the grill or back to their chair.
    Then when sitting down they put a towel down to sit on and to cover the lap (protection from hot grease!)
    If you walk up with a sarong and/or walk around the pool that way it definitely is noticed.
    you will stick out a bit. If you just put it over your lap when you sit down no one will care.
    Actually the tables by the grill are out in the sun and get really hot so you have to put something between you and the chair or it is quite painful

To be perfectly honest you are much more noticeable when you are covered that when not
    Just like a streaker is so obvious when everyone else is wearing clothes.

Everyone is nervous and unsure the first time
    Just relax and go and have fun
    SSB is one of the best experiences we have had as a couple

JED

While we've not been to SSB, we have been to CTI and spent a good portion of our daytime on the Isle, so I'm going to comment in general. When you arrive at the AN area, you can stay dressed until you pick your spot, then strip down. We made it (I think) a bit more comfortable for ourselves (it was our first time) by wearing our swimsuits and a shirt or wrap (no underthings.) It just made it take that much less time to get nude.

As for the eating, CTI was buffet style, and it seemed that for the most part everyone just went up in the buff. I think I saw at least one couple who put their towels over the laps when eating, but that was it. I can understand the covering up when eating, after all it would be rather "uncomfortable" if you accidentally spilled your hot meal in your (unprotected) lap. The wife and I didn't bother, but that's us.

I agree with Jed's comment, you will stand out more if you wrap up to move around, than if you stay nude.

Now, as for leaving the AN area, again what I noticed, and what the wife and I did, was people would get dressed at their spot, pack up anything they brought, and head out.

Further, yes, it is considered good manners to put a towel between you and whatever you're sitting on, again with the exception of the in-pool seats. The wife and I spread our towels out on the loungers the same as if we were going to be laying on the towels on a beach.

Enjoy your trip, AN or not!
    Jason
    CTI again in:
    387 days
    13 hours

Quote Originally Posted by weeboy1 View Post
    We never walked in naked, We walked in found our spot either by the pool or on the beach then undressed. Nobody sweats it really. There are no nudity police watching your every move to ensure compliance. It's no big deal mon. If people see that your normally nude but prefer to have bottoms or a towel to eat they won't sweat that either. Eating naked kinda didnt sit well with us either at first by the afternoon we didnt care. you probably wont either.
    We were first timers and even played naked bocci so dont worry and enjoy
    Ken & Karen
    I think you need to be careful of the advice you give, especially to someone who has never been to CSS and this being your first time visit.

"If people see that your normally nude but prefer to have bottoms or a towel to eat they won't sweat that either"

SSB is an AN area. Which means nude all the time. There are not exceptions for getting dressed when eating, going to the restroom, swimming in the ocean, etc. If someone is not comfortable with eating nude, there are other alternatives. One could get dressed, go the textile side, and then return. Or have someone bring a plate of food to where one is at. Throwing a towel around the shoulders and getting food is perfectly fine since it will needed to sit on at the bar.

I don't mean to be picky, but this is where mis-information starts on what is OK and what is not. Someone else may read your post and believe it is OK to be partially dressed sometimes while at SSB.

I'm glad Couple has a strict policy on being AN and enforcing it. They can't let one person bend the rules, otherwise to be fair everyone must be allowed to.

Now I'll get off my soapbox and return to thinking about my next visit to CSS and SSB

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post

SSB is an AN area. Which means nude all the time. There are not exceptions for getting dressed when eating, going to the restroom, swimming in the ocean, etc. If someone is not comfortable with eating nude, there are other alternatives. One could get dressed, go the textile side, and then return. Or have someone bring a plate of food to where one is at. Throwing a towel around the shoulders and getting food is perfectly fine since it will needed to sit on at the bar.

I'm glad Couple has a strict policy on being AN and enforcing it. They can't let one person bend the rules, otherwise to be fair everyone must be allowed to.
    We learned first hand about this during a recent stay, after we had been on SSB every day for the first 3-4 days of our vacation, "the girls" got a bit sunburned. So one day my GF kept a loose-fitting top on to protect the sunburned area and removed her bottoms. Since by that time we were established as an AN couple and she did take her bottoms off - we thought it would not be a big deal. At one point she went over to the bar and a female security guard came over to her and quietly and politely asked her to remove her top - which she did.

We did not have a issue with the way this was handled...we understood where the guard was coming from and appreciate that Couples makes an attempt to enforce the all-nude environment without exceptions.
    CSS - March, 2012
    CTI - March, 2013, 2014, 2015

You wont want to eat at SSB grill anyway...lol
    We just got home.LOVED it!
    There was 2 guys that on most days kept a towel over their "part" most of the time...Might have been burnt or just a little happy.LOL

Default I guess maybe there are nudity police

Seriously Paul, I said "to eat" Most of the people, I believe who attend ssb are open minded enough and accepting that if someone during the course of their meal decided to ever so briefly cover up the majority would not take issue. Covering up most of the day do to sunburn and/or other issues are a different matter. I guess my Co-SS beach goers at the time used more common sense and didnt tend to over think it.
    If someone mis-reads my comment, they didnt read what I wrote.
    I stand by what said.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I think you need to be careful of the advice you give, especially to someone who has never been to CSS and this being your first time visit.

"If people see that your normally nude but prefer to have bottoms or a towel to eat they won't sweat that either"

I don't mean to be picky, but this is where mis-information starts on what is OK and what is not. Someone else may read your post and believe it is OK to be partially dressed sometimes while at SSB.

Now I'll get off my soapbox and return to thinking about my next visit to CSS and SSB