Thread: CSA Booking

Hybrid View

Default CSA Booking

I am planning my first trip to CSA for feb/mar 2010 and was wondering if any of you Uk visitors can give me any tips on best prices,whether direct from Couples or through travel agent.
    looking at booking a BFVS for 14days.Thomson are by far the best price for garden room still waiting for a price for BFVS though.
    Any help much appreciated.

We usually book through a travel agent. I email our requirements to a number of them, asking for their best price and then go with the lowest. Even then its worth asking if the others can better the lowest price - its amazing how they can reduce their original quote when presented with a lower one! We love CSA and always stay in an Atrium - they are in the original section of CSA and are unique.

Default CSA booking

Hi redtigerfan

We are from the UK, Yorkshire in fact, and we are going back to CSA for the 4th time in October and we love the place and we are sure that you will equally fall in love with the quality of CSA and the laid back style - 100% total relaxation in comfort.

The first time we went in 2005 we stayed in a Beachfront Veranda Suite right on the edge of the ocean, we booked with Airtours but they no longer go to Couples.

In 2007 we went booked direct with Thomsons and stayed in a Garden Veranda Suite which is further back into the resort away from the ocean, in fact these suites are generally on the road side and whilst a lot of people comment on the road noise it has never been a problem to us - probably has something to do with the alcohol comsumed before retiring!

In 2008 we actually booked through the Couples UK office using Tropical Sky who are recommended by Couples UK, even though the holiday and flight was through Thomsons the Tropical Sky quote was quite a bit lower than the quote from Thomsons for the same holiday.

We are going back on October 14th and this time have booked direct with Thomsons as they were the cheapest. One thing to bear in mind is that when you book with Thomsons, either on line or at a travel agents, they quote you extra for room upgrades but do not specify the same room type names that Couples use so you have to be careful to make sure what room you are actually getting.

If you need any further information just let us have an email address and will be pleased to answer any questions that you have.

Enjoy your holiday as you have picked the perfect hotel, have no fears.

Hi

We are going February and have booked through Thomsons. Have booked an OVS but may upgrade direct with Couples UK to a BFVS. We did this last time we went. It's a bit of a pain for them to do but Thomsons don't have any BFVS on their allocation. I got our local Thomson shop to price match their internet price (not the package price but hotel and flight seperately as that was quite a bit cheaper).

Hi Janey and everyone else who replied.

Just got a price from Thomson going out on Feb25th 2010(b/ham) in OVS £4700
    also got price through Destinology for BFVS £4950 inc pre booked seats(its the same flight by the way)
    How does that compare with your Thomson price.

Hi

Got a price of £4850 for OVS incl. premium upgrade but we fly from MAN.

Hi, we are leaving for our first trip with Couples in 15 days time. I booked via Kenwood Travel who were very knowledgeable about the resort and gave me great advice about the different rooms on offer. I originally looked at booking through Virgin, but Kenwood offered a better holiday price, but still flying with Virgin. I could have save some money booking with Thompson, but having flown with them last year to Dom Rep, I would have spent the savings on more luggage, meals and extra leg room, non of which are an issue with Virgin.
    Mark - Northampton

Book your Thomson long haul holiday now, and you'll get a 33” seat pitch, stylish leather seats and more on your flights with Thomson Airways. Just think - that’s more legroom in long haul economy than BA, Virgin Atlantic, bmi & Monarch
    Looks like Thomson have more legroom now

Quote Originally Posted by redtigerfan View Post
    Book your Thomson long haul holiday now, and you'll get a 33” seat pitch, stylish leather seats and more on your flights with Thomson Airways. Just think - that’s more legroom in long haul economy than BA, Virgin Atlantic, bmi & Monarch
    Looks like Thomson have more legroom now
    You get more legroom in economy with Thomsons (Virgin 31"). Thomson premium gives you 36" or 37" whereas Virgin Premium Economy is 38". You get more luggage allowance with Virgin. We looked at flying with Virgin but by the time we got the shuttle to and from Manchester it wasn't worth it. I think the ex FCA planes are slightly better than the ex Thomsonfly but there's not much in it.

janey

I just got a price flying with BA in premium economy for an extra £100 each round trip ,its flying from Gatwick,a bit of a longer trip for us from Hull but done that a couple of times before.
    Just getting nervous now about making that final choice
    >

redtigerfan

What ever you decide you'll have a fantastic time when you get there. I can't wait for February and I don't go on this years holidays till Thursday!! Talk about wishing your time away.