Thread: Cost of Cab

Default Cost of Cab

I have read that some people prefer to take a cab to the resort instead of the shuttle to cut down on time. What is the cost from Mo Bay to CSS?

Just looking at a few websites that quote taxi fares in Jamaica it would be super expensive. One spot quoted $75 just to Runaway Bay - so Ocho Rios would be outrageous! Plus, I'm not sure how that would save a whole lot of time. It's the same distance, and the only stop the shuttle might make is one short one for a beer or bathroom break. I wouldn't waste the cash, personally. The shuttle ride is a nice time to meet some of the other guests you'll see during your stay. It's really a good part of the whole experience, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by klstrike View Post
    I have read that some people prefer to take a cab to the resort instead of the shuttle to cut down on time. What is the cost from Mo Bay to CSS?
    I'm guessing at least two hundred, without tip, and I sincerely doubt you will save any time whatsoever. The wait for the shuttle is not very long. You could spend more time trying to track down your driver, if you set up in advance, and a whole lot longer finding a cab willing to go all the way to OR if you didn't.

IMHO it is a really bad idea. Sorry to be so blunt. If time is a huge factor to you, you would be better served looking at Tim Air or International Air Link.

Waste of money. How would it save any time? I don't get that.

In our opinion, don't do it! Either way you still will be riding as a passenger and it still takes the drive time to get there. Why not just utilize the FREE (included in your reservation cost) shuttle provided?? You won't save any time at all.

I'd like to know that too! And how much faster is the trip?

I can't see that a cab ride would be any quicker. They get you off in the shuttle quickly after landing at the airport. I love the shuttle ride. It is fun to talk to the other couples and the driver is informative. The shuttle is comfortable and it is already paid for.

If you want to save time and spend more, book a flight, don't take a cab.
    CSA - May 2012
    CN - May 2013
    CSS - October 2013

The rates for the service we've used in the past
    ~ 2 people, one way,possible shared ride to Ocho Rios$60
    ~ 2 people one way, guaranteed private ride to Ocho Rios $90
    And theres a very good chance that if you book a shared ride you will end up being the only couple. We've used this service 7 times to Negril ,always book a shared ride, and only once did we have anyone sharing the ride with us.

Thanks for the answers. We'll stick with the shuttle!!!

I have never heard anyone say this...until now. It won't save any time and you may end up in and older van instead of the new ones the Couples transport company uses. The cost (from a reputable cab company) will be between $100 and $150!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

In many visits to Jamaica and Negril, we have always taken the bus (save once when we flew TimAir - worth doing once). I can say that the bus will travel the speed limit. Cabs will not. How much time does this save along a beach road for about 70 miles? I'm guessing perhaps 10-15 minutes. Is that worth (my estimate) $100US?
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Try Reggae Tours. We used them in January to go to Ochie. You can book it on their website and you pay through paypal. The web site is reggae-tours.com. check the transfer tab. It's all broken down by area. We chose a private transfer which is up to 4. It was $86 total. It was a brand new cab and a nice driver. All we did was check in with our hotel. Walk out through the doors where the cabs and private transportation is and there was someone from the tour company to the right. We were in the cab with in minutes. That being said, we are going to CTI this January instead of the "other" place and we will use CTI's transportation. The other place is notorious for making you wait forever on the bus until it leaves. We have not found that to be (so far) with Couples. Reggae was recommended by someone from another board and if I need a private transfer I will definitely use them again.

Carol