Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Only been to CN twice (Third trip soon come). Myfavorite food there is the ice cream machine then the jerk chicken. I don't drink booze so I am going to have to go with Ting.

Quote Originally Posted by jane View Post
    I'm interested to hear more about what people think of the food at CSS? We LOVED the food at CSA and I'm worried it won't be the same... Please tell me I'm wrong! What were your favorite dishes at Sans Souci? I'm guessing the banana stuffed french toast is a CSA only staple
    Me too, someone give favorites for CSS,

Quote Originally Posted by bball2011 View Post
    You will have to let me know how you like the trading places @ CN... we are going to try it as well when we had back to CSA in October.
    Okay bball2011,

I sure will!

We have been CSA loyalists, but tried CSS a few years ago (we loved CSS, too). We both loved the escargot at Pallazzina. We both thought the food was actually a step up at CSS from CSA, maybe for no other reason that it is a smaller resort. I don't think you have anything to worry about with food quality, Jane.

Ooooh my goodness I'm getting so excited. I'm a vegetarian and from what I've been reading, it seems like I won't have much of an issue finding amazing things to eat! I can't believe they have so many meat free options! Any other vegetarian recommendations? We're going here for our Honeymoon in September and I'm sooooo stoked!

THANKS!
    Laura

So many things we love it's hard to choose. I'd say pumpkin soup and snapper sandwich. For drink chocolate martini was my fav til I had the Blue Mountain martini. can't wait til my return.

That Red Snapper is calling my name..looking forward to trying that on the first day!

At CTI, I LOVED the snapper at the pool side grill. The Jamaican beef patty was delicious too! I can't remember any specific foods from the restaurant, but I do remember it was all very good.

All of the food... but a number of years ago there was a young chef (Carlos) studied in Miami with the Mamba Kings (see Anthony Bourdain). A newlywed, he and his wife had a working honeymoon at SweptAway, and during the repeaters dinner, he presented a pumpkin gazpacho that was peppery, but to die for!

My favorite drink? No question - Blue Mountain Martini!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

More about faves at CSS?????????????????????????????????Food and drink..................................

Quote Originally Posted by klstrike View Post
    More about faves at CSS?????????????????????????????????Food and drink..................................
    yes please, any favorites at CSS?!?!?

One more thing, curried goat over rice. Absolutely delicious.

Have to agree with surfcat.

...I would say the bread...

Yep Bob Marley shot.... Haha

Yes, keep the answers coming, its our first trip and I would like to try all sorts of things! We are going to CTI, and doing trading places at CSS.

Quote Originally Posted by bball2011 View Post
    You will have to let me know how you like the trading places @ CN... we are going to try it as well when we had back to CSA in October.
    i
    Unfortunately, we never did trading places. We were there 5 nights, and the time just flew by. I regret not doing it though

Quote Originally Posted by JAJunkies View Post
    For me it is so hard to narrow it down, I love basically all the food & drinks at CSA. I love to start the morning off with the iced blue mountain coffee slushie, not sure what they call it but it's basically a blue mountain coolata with rum, the best! I am also a huge fan of the red snapper sandwich and silly enough the onion rings at the grill, they're just awesome! As for my love he must have a beef pattie as soon as we arrive simply with a Red Stripe, he keeps it simple and loves it!

Less than 4 months to go...
    Where did you get the iced coffee slushie? I would LOVE this...Just one more thing to add to my list...

I LOVE the Snapper sandwich and patties at Cabana, omlets at Palms, Banana stuffed french toast at Patois.

for the drinks, i LOVE hummingbird and Jamaican Brownie...basically ANYTHING made with Rum Cream!!!!

I love to start the morning off with the iced blue mountain coffee slushie, not sure what they call it but it's basically a blue mountain coolata with rum, the best!

Where do you get the coffee slushie? We are going in September and that sounds amazing!!!

So many ideas come to mind but I just can't forgot sitting on the patio in the morning and drinking Blue Mountain Coffee and the banana bread and feeding small pieces to the birds and lizards. It was the highlight of the day right up until the bar opened and the beach called our names. I didn't know what jerk chicken was until CN, and now I order jerk on everything here in Atlanta. If I didn't drink so much, I would remember more of what I ate.....

CTI- sweet potato chips and artichoke dip, the jerk chicken, the calamari, all the soups, deconstructed beef tenderloin, the appetizers and desserts at Bayside
    CSS- jerk pork, jerk chicken, curried goat, the cole slaw, omlettes at breakfast, all the soups
    For food- truly anything Jamaican is what we usually go for!
    As far as drinks- my husband loves the hummingbirds and mudslides, I prefer less slushy drinks- yellow bird, rum punch and a shot called chocolate cake (from the main bar at CTI)- I am not a huge chocolate fan, but wow that shot is EXCELLENT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2