Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default You Can't Leave Couples without Eating??? and Drinking ??

I was trying to make the question interesting, to get an idea of what everyones all time favorite dish and drinks are at Couples, specifically CSA, but all others are welcome! My hubby will love this thread!
    Last edited by louiseandjames; May 7th, 2012 at 09:06 PM. Reason: add a comment

Dirty banana and a snapper sandwich. And the soups

Quote Originally Posted by louiseandjames View Post
    I was trying to make the question interesting, to get an idea of what everyones all time favorite dish and drinks are at Couples, specifically CSA, but all others are welcome!
    Eat - fish tacos and sweet potatoe chips at Seagrapes...we arrive in 9 days and this will be our first meal

Drink - bob marley shot, and any martini from martini bar...i usually let the bartenders ( last year sean and durmon) make me whatever they like. Some great ones such as cucumber or lychee.

Rachel

Hmmm we are headed there in 2 wks so great question. We have not been there for 2 yrs but I do remember the dip at sea grapes. Maybe sweet potato chips and hummas dip. OMG it was sooo good. It will be the first thing I get as soon as I get to the resort. My hubby loved the Duck at feathers. He says its not something he would even order but someone told him to so he did and loved it. Personally I loved the breakfas in bed. The bread basket was so yummy and sitting out on the veranda in the morning with it made it taste even better.
    Mary & Mitch

No way I could pick one thing, no way. Rather than pick a favorite dish, I try to eat something different everyday. The restaurants with somewhat limited menus, Seagrapes and the Cabana Grill, we have favorites, but all other restaurants we try to pick something we have not had before. So far this has worked out very well as we have never had a meal at which we wished we had gotten something else. As for drinks, since we are on vacation and we are typically not big on alcohol consumption at home, we also try to be adventurous. Spin the drink menu at the beach bars and try something different. Or order a drink with something extra or change up an ingredient. My wife likes pina' coladas with mango blended in, she also has to have a chocolate martini every evening. For us it is all about the adventure of trying new or different things on vacation.

My husband is a fish eater and loved the Red Snapper. He pretty much ate in all 3 meals. Also, it is a ritual, you have to try the Bob Marley shot. Have fun!

I was trying to make the question interesting, to get an idea of what everyones all time favorite dish and drinks are at Couples, specifically CSA, but all others are welcome!
    I cannot go without having a chocolate martini at the martini bar lol, ok lots, and im absolutely addicted to the Chicken Pad Tai at Lemongrass and their lil appetizers. Oh, also the pasta bar lol at the Palms, I think I eat it daily lol...

Hi! My fave drink is the Dirty Banana or Ting and Absolut Citron. And.....even with all the wonderful and new foods to try - hubby and I are hooked on the beach grill spring rolls.

My favorites are the callalloo and red snapper sandwich at Seagrapes.

At CSA
    drinks
    chocolate martini ~martini bar
    snake eyes, hummingbird, cracker jack~ beach bar
    sangria~patoi patio

dish
    fish tacos~sea grapes
    sweet potato chips and dip~ sea grapes
    muselix( sp)?~ breakfast palms
    ackee, plantains, all the Jamaican selections~palms
    soups~everywhere
    dessert sampler~feathers

One of Miss Rose's pasta specials at the palms - made for you to your design while you watch.

I am pleased that CN usually features a lamb dish or two. I try to have it twice while there.

For me, definitely a Dirty Banana for drinks, with a fresh coconut water coming in a very close second. I have one everyday I can while I'm at Couples. They are very hydrating for a day in the sun. All of the fruit smoothies and slushies are awesome as well, but that's a mix of food and drink I guess. The sauted callaloo is definitely a favorite food. I think I could eat it at every meal. Simple, I know, but I'm a southern girl, and I love my greens! For my husband, Vodka Slushie for drinks, and the banana stuffed french toast for eats, with the burger at the grill as second. Looking forward to reading other fan favorites.

The snapper sandwiches and sweet potato chips at SeaGrapes as well as their gazpacho. Yummy!

I've seen vodka slushie a few times on the forum. What is it? Sounds good.
    CSA - May 2012
    CN - May 2013
    CSS - October 2013

Oh, I plan to make a list of all your favorites or at least print this thread.

We are leaving in 20 days for 1st visit to CSA and plan to visit CN for the day. So far your favorites sound great!!

It's like a lime slushie with vodka in it. Very refreshing, not too heavy and not too sweet. My husband isn't a big drinker, but he enjoys these very much.

Well I can't speak for CSA because we are addicted to CSS but our favorite foods and drinks are as follows:

Drinks: Mango daiquiris, Bob Marley shots, rum punch and we usually try anything we see someone walking away from the bar with if it catches our attention.

Food: Beef patties and jerk burgers from the beach grill, hubby loves ALL the fish they have and usually eats some form of it for every meal. His favorite is bagles and locks for breakfast. I love the pasta bar made to order at dinner and the Jamaican Curry wraps at lunch. Oh and the nachos from room service are yummy when you're hungry late at night.

All the food is wonderful but there are a few things that just love..

Pumpkin soup --read about it before we went and thought it sounded interesting and it is awesome. Sometimes have variations of it, but if there is any variation of soup with pumpkin, I HAVE to try it.

The other thing is jerk chicken...we buy jerk sauce for home and use it alot but it is nowhere near what is served at CN.

And though it is simple and we can get it anywhere, there is something about getting the nachos and sitting there eating them and looking out at the bay.

On drinks, the hummingbird is the very first thing I order and one of the things I love to drink there.

Hope you enjoy!

For me it is so hard to narrow it down, I love basically all the food & drinks at CSA. I love to start the morning off with the iced blue mountain coffee slushie, not sure what they call it but it's basically a blue mountain coolata with rum, the best! I am also a huge fan of the red snapper sandwich and silly enough the onion rings at the grill, they're just awesome! As for my love he must have a beef pattie as soon as we arrive simply with a Red Stripe, he keeps it simple and loves it!

Less than 4 months to go...

JA Junkies
    Jamaica Soon Come

Oh, I plan to make a list of all your favorites or at least print this thread.

We are leaving in 20 days for 1st visit to CSA and plan to visit CN for the day. So far your favorites sound great!!
    You will have to let me know how you like the trading places @ CN... we are going to try it as well when we had back to CSA in October.

Dirty banana for a mixed drink, although Ting and vodka is great to mix in your room if you want something different to sip while you're sitting on your verandah enjoying life.

The soups are really all very good. It seems odd to order soup in a tropical climate, but they are worth it! Bob adores the jerk chicken at the Cabana Grill. I like the snapper sandwich and fish tacos at Seagrapes.

Be adventurous! If you don't like something, no problem, order something else. That's the beauty of an AI.

Drinks: hummingbird, Miami Vice (half daiquiri, half pina colada), anything the guys mix up at the Martini Bar, vodka slushies at the beach bar, get them to cut a coconut in half and infuse with alcoholic beverage of choice. Fresh fruit smoothies and infused waters at the sports bar across the street.

Food: sweet potato chips with artichokes/asiago cheese dip at Sea Grapes (well, pretty much anything at Sea Grapes)...I seriously still dream of this. Try a beef patty and jerk chicken sandwich at the grill at least once, and eat some of the local fish while you're there. I got to eat lionfish at Feathers after seeing them while scuba diving the same day The soups at Feathers were amazing and we loved the Banana Stuffed French Toast and pizzas at Patois. Custom made omelets for breakfast at the Palms. Almost everything was fantastic except I didn't care for the dinner at the Palms. Between reservations, beach party, and repeater's dinner, I think we only had dinner at the Palms once or twice during a 10 night stay.

I cannot wait to get to CTI and go straight to the beach grill for a couple of meat patties (one beef, one chicken), and some jerk chicken. Yumm.

I'm interested to hear more about what people think of the food at CSS? We LOVED the food at CSA and I'm worried it won't be the same... Please tell me I'm wrong! What were your favorite dishes at Sans Souci? I'm guessing the banana stuffed french toast is a CSA only staple

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast