Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default At CN Now-It only takes 1...

Well, of course out of 15+ couples on the beach there is always one...
    It is called a "Nude" beach...aka -no clothes allowed, as the sign says...
    It is not called the "I won't take my bottoms off because my husband wants to go naked and I just want to go topless even after security asks you nicely to remove them" beach....
    Just wanted to call out orange and white hat couple who have alienated themselves...

Anyways, the weather is great and our time has been absolutely enjoyable! Meet new friends and ALOT of repeat friends!

2013 soon come!

I can honestly say that if I were on the CN nude beach and there were 15 or so couples there I would probably never notice if one of the ladies had the bottom of her suit on. And if I noticed at all I would probably just ignore it and enjoy my time on the beach. I certainly wouldn't stress over it. Her leaving her bottom on for whatever reason she might have would make no impact whatsoever on my vacation nor my wife's vacation, and would in no way diminish our enjoyment of our time on the nude beach. However if I spent even one minute worrying that someone else is not following a rule to the letter... I would consider that time I wasted on the nude beach at CN. It would take a lot more than that to disturb me as I relax on that beach! And if there was enough of problem being caused by some outrageous rule breaker that it might really cause a problem for other people on the beach in some big way... I know I can trust Couples management to do what needs to be done and also to decide IF something needs to be done. Not my job. My job? My wife, my drink, the book I'm reading (in that order).

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    I can honestly say that if I were on the CN nude beach and there were 15 or so couples there I would probably never notice if one of the ladies had the bottom of her suit on. And if I noticed at all I would probably just ignore it and enjoy my time on the beach. I certainly wouldn't stress over it. Her leaving her bottom on for whatever reason she might have would make no impact whatsoever on my vacation nor my wife's vacation, and would in no way diminish our enjoyment of our time on the nude beach. However if I spent even one minute worrying that someone else is not following a rule to the letter... I would consider that time I wasted on the nude beach at CN. It would take a lot more than that to disturb me as I relax on that beach! And if there was enough of problem being caused by some outrageous rule breaker that it might really cause a problem for other people on the beach in some big way... I know I can trust Couples management to do what needs to be done and also to decide IF something needs to be done. Not my job. My job? My wife, my drink, the book I'm reading (in that order).

Nicely put.
    Guess because I have been to many CO beaches this would not be an issue with me either.
    I will say though that to follow the rules in the past I have been on CN nude beach at the end of the bushes and my wife just over the imaginary line on the regular beach in her bottom, her chair on one side mine on the other, try the best to make it work for both.

Didn't "ruin" my vacation.... btw, everybody on the beach noticed because we all know it is not a c/o beach it is a nude beach. Precedent cannot be set that it is "ok now at couples to wear clothes on the nude beach".... it becomes a slippery slope that will in the end ruin the true experience that is found at the nude beach. If you do not understand that, so be it. But it was just an unspoken "feeling" on the beach that they alientated themselves... found out they came over from a next door neighboring c/o beach because it wasn't as nice....funny that they may have created the same vibe at the couples nude beach that they were trying to leave behind at the other resort.

It is just so important to enforce the "nude only" concept, otherwise like I stated previously it becomes a slippery slope and the overall "vibe" is destoyed for all that frequent.

I agree with you pulphead. We have had the same issues when we go. As with you it does aggravate us but doesn't spoil our good times. I guess the big reason it bothers me is because I hate people who think rules don't apply to them. What if another lady left because she felt uncomfortable around the rule breaker? If one breaks the rules others will follow. Have a drink for us and enjoy!

If it's a lady's time of the month, I was under the impression it was perfectly okay for them to keep their swimsuit bottoms on. Not saying that was the case here, but you never know.

Default NO Exceptions!

Our last visit was May 2011-(next is this Oct) 8th time CN once to CSS.
    During our last stay we noticed a couple in the middle under a Sea Grape tree. They arrived, set up and she didn't remove her bottoms. After about an hour and a couple of bar visits by the husband security paid them a visit. This got everyones attention because there was no shouting, but no whispering either. Suddenly they stood up and left. Elkie later mentioned that security watches these things it's their job to correct it. For the guests not to worry.
    Well the next day they tried it again. And the same thing happened, This time the husband stood there looking around, like "OK" who complained? Well the fact is that nobody has to, management is there to support the policies.
    There have been numerous posts concerning "the time of the month" and everyone has stated that there are ways we take care of it. We're not looking for exceptions, we just do what's necessary so we can get the most out of our vacation. Hassle free, romantic, relaxing, and at one of the best resorts, in the Caribbean.
    See earlier posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulphead View Post
    Didn't "ruin" my vacation.... btw, everybody on the beach noticed because we all know it is not a c/o beach it is a nude beach. Precedent cannot be set that it is "ok now at couples to wear clothes on the nude beach".... it becomes a slippery slope that will in the end ruin the true experience that is found at the nude beach. If you do not understand that, so be it. But it was just an unspoken "feeling" on the beach that they alientated themselves... found out they came over from a next door neighboring c/o beach because it wasn't as nice....funny that they may have created the same vibe at the couples nude beach that they were trying to leave behind at the other resort.

It is just so important to enforce the "nude only" concept, otherwise like I stated previously it becomes a slippery slope and the overall "vibe" is destoyed for all that frequent.
    They weren't even guests at the Couples resort? Why didn't security make them leave on that basis alone? I thought the Couples beaches were for Couples guests only?

Default nude or CO

I agree with rules are for ALL guest for the benefit of ALL guests... Couples states it's a nude area...NOT CO...if they didn't want to comply with the rules then they should have gone to a resort that has CO beaches ( there are plenty ) or stayed on the textile beach..... wonder if this couple showed up for dinner barefoot ?...oh, there is a rule against that

Quote Originally Posted by cypris View Post
    If it's a lady's time of the month, I was under the impression it was perfectly okay for them to keep their swimsuit bottoms on. Not saying that was the case here, but you never know.
    We are not under that impression at all.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

No Cypris that is not the case... There have been many threads that discuss this particular subject and how best to handle the special time.

I agree with you as well. And Cypris, there are some things you can do if its your time of the month. Read the message boards.

Cypris...I have known more people who "tuck or snip" during thier "time" and still went bottomless...just they refrained from swimming. We have also seen times when girls lied to security...relax...we knew beacuse we had overheard the girl arguing with her husband/boyfriend about not taking it off despite his pleading.
    2012: Apr 22-29 Couples Tower Isle; Jul 21-28 HBR
    PAST TRIPS:CouplesOR-Feb '95, Jun '97, Jan '00,01
    HedoIII-Jul '03,04,05 GLB-Jul 06,07,08,09 Starfish-Jun 07,08
    Rose Hall-Jun '08,09 GLN-Jun '09 Breezes Rio Bueno-Feb '10
    Dreams RC & PA-Jun '10 Now Jade-Apr '11 El Dorado/HBR-Jul '10,'11

They were couples guests that left the neighboring resort to come stay at couples because it was a better resort.

Agree that "that time of the month" does not equal bottoms on.. see past threads.

Security did go over and asked her to respect the rules.... they said no and they then ignored the security guard until she walked away. Next step was for one of the beach-goers to go complain to management. No one did because no one really wanted to waste their "beach time". But like I said, it was an unspoken feeling that everybody was not the most "welcoming" because the couple defiantly ignored the rules. Those that think that they are better than everybody on the beach by ignoring the sole purpose of the beach didn't garner enough respect to talk to....I witnessed that first hand in the hot tub when they walked up, everybody just kind kept to their own conversation....they eventually left. Which is really funny since everybody on that beach talks to everybody else all the time....obviously if you are on the nude beach you are probably more outgoing than not.

I would hope that the bartender refused to serve them as well...

CSS April 29-May 10, 2013

I believe that the all nude, not clothing optional, policy is the great equalizer. It's one of the many reasons that I and my partner feel comfortable at the Couples au naturel areas and would not at some of the other resorts. If one couple is allowed to make an exception, pretty soon, when others join, there is no "equal" feeling of everyone being nude. There was one couple who did that our first day at CTI. The bartender asked them (her) politely to disrobe and she did, but didn't come back. That's ok. Au Naturel is not for everyone and that's OK. But it shouldn't be OK for one spouse to pressure the other to do something s/he doesn't feel comfortable with and thereby risk making others in their presence uncomfortable.

As for time of the month... as a woman, I will reiterate that there are many options. I will be happy to answer private messages on this matter if anyone wants more details.

Ah, my mistake about the "time of the month" subject. I was making that assumption based on another nude beach I'd been to and thought the rules at another nude beach would be similar. Should have done more research.

Default bottoms at the au natural??? really?

okay, just got back from a great vacation, with great people whom I now consider "friends". No judgements, and instant friendships. I can answer on having your menstral cycle in this situation. Firstly, it is not the best thing and you it sucks actually. however, I could not imagine having a bathing suit bottom on. I mean , I was having a very difficult time of it. If you are a woman, then you shall know what I mean. If you are a man who has a woman who is constantly checking for cleanliness, and reassuring herself, you know what I mean. You cannot wear a bottom without the whole place knowing you are having a period. Sort of like shouting it or putting signs around you. I guess it could be acceptable. It was not okay for me to make it obvious......

I just tucked in the string. That was that. It is easy and it works well. I mean it is nature and it is what it is. I am sure with all those women I was not alone. I was very careful.....however, my other option would have been to shorten my husbands' time and I would have rather, watch my hygiene than do that. It can be done. If I could do it with what I was going through, anyone can.....LOL

A "rules" interpretation question for the AN regulars at CN. The wife and I usually spend a half day at the AN beach. The wife has no problem disrobing immediately upon arrival and lounge setup, strolling to the water and back for a break to cool off, and basically enjoying the overall spirit of the experience. When it comes to getting a drink from the bar, she prefers to throw a sarong around her waist, especially when the bar is self serve. It's not a deal breaker for her, just a minor comfort preference. Rule Breaker or not? I know, I should get off my butt and get her drinks for her.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Breeze View Post
    A "rules" interpretation question for the AN regulars at CN. The wife and I usually spend a half day at the AN beach. The wife has no problem disrobing immediately upon arrival and lounge setup, strolling to the water and back for a break to cool off, and basically enjoying the overall spirit of the experience. When it comes to getting a drink from the bar, she prefers to throw a sarong around her waist, especially when the bar is self serve. It's not a deal breaker for her, just a minor comfort preference. Rule Breaker or not? I know, I should get off my butt and get her drinks for her.
    Not a rule breaker.

That is a practice that a small minority of guests choose.

For those who think it's OK for someone to skirt the rules, imagine this. How long do you think you would last at the Couples Negril pool if you were naked? Or on the regular beach? How long do you think it would take before security took care of you?

Couples Negril has 18 acres and a quarter mile of beach and there's an area of approximately 100 feet by 100 feet where you are expected to be nude. That's the rule, and if you don't want to follow it, go elsewhere. We've been very happy at how attentive security has been the past few years.

And we've also been to a nearby resort with a c/o beach, and everyone treats it like that - they know the rules, and they accept them. Sure, there is the occasional creepy guy by himself, but that comes with the territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Vybz View Post
    For those who think it's OK for someone to skirt the rules, imagine this. How long do you think you would last at the Couples Negril pool if you were naked? Or on the regular beach? How long do you think it would take before security took care of you?

Couples Negril has 18 acres and a quarter mile of beach and there's an area of approximately 100 feet by 100 feet where you are expected to be nude. That's the rule, and if you don't want to follow it, go elsewhere. We've been very happy at how attentive security has been the past few years.

And we've also been to a nearby resort with a c/o beach, and everyone treats it like that - they know the rules, and they accept them. Sure, there is the occasional creepy guy by himself, but that comes with the territory.
    Same could be said for those that think "it's not fair" that they can't go the island at CTI and stay in their swimsuits. It is a small piece of land. A naked person would not be able to stay on the beach, pier or either of the pools on the mainland. Heck for that matter, you can't be topless on the mainland beach or either of the mainland pools.
    Vicky

I am SO glad that so many of you see things the way I do. The AN beach is just that. AN! Not, "oh I can just leave my bottoms on because I have something so special nobody has ever seen before "
    We had this issue come up a couple of times in September and I (the wife) pointed it out to securtity and called guest relations another time. The bartenders don't really seem to care one way or another. My hubby pointed out that he would be in all kinds of trouble if he left his bottoms on!! Fair is Fair! I have been on C/O and A/N beaches and can say 100% it is more relaxing and much easier at the A/N beach. Everyone is on the same page. The same naked page!
    Lucy

Default A Slippery Slope

I totally agree

My wife will not go to a "C.O." beach. It`s all or nothing for everyone. Evens the playing field.
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

Just putting my 2 cents in - I agree with everyone. It is au naturel - plain and simple. Last year was my first time at CN and first time going to an AN beach. I was nervous, but took my bathing suit off and enjoyed it. When we were at the beach, there were several couples and the women kept their bottoms on which really annoyed me because if I could go naked, so could you. My husband was calling me the "nude police". No one ever said anything to them. I wanted to say something to security but hubby told me to mind my own business. This April when we go back if I see anyone that isn't naked, I will say something. Only 42 more days to go!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast