Hybrid View

Default Oddball question about the Isle at CTI...

Although this isn't really an AN question as such, but it does concern the Isle at CTI, so I stuck it here. Randymon, feel free to move it if you think it needs to be elsewhere...

So, what is the occupancy limit of the Isle, or does it not have one? Is there ever a chance of being told "we can't take no more people to the Isle right now, mon" from the ferryman? I mean, I suppose if everyone were *really* friendly, and didn't mind all standing, you could probably get close to a hundred people on the Isle, but they'd be standing "cheek-to-cheek" in more ways than one...

Yeah, I know that even if there is a limit, it's not likely to ever be hit, but I just got curious after reading some comments about the Isle...

Looking forward to spending my days on the Isle again,
    Jason
    CTI again in:
    387 days
    14 hours

I don't know the capacity, but we have been there when they have run out of loungers and the bartender called and more loungers appeared. They have run our of beer and called and more beer appeared, same with Vodka and Rum. No worries. As long as there is a spot to put a lounger, there will be a lounger.
    Vicky

On the island, if over 42 people, are there all at the same time the island will slowly begin to sink. By 5:00 o'clock it goes below the surface til 9'00 A. M. when it rises back up for the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by jhun421 View Post
    On the island, if over 42 people, are there all at the same time the island will slowly begin to sink. By 5:00 o'clock it goes below the surface til 9'00 A. M. when it rises back up for the next day.
    Darn and I thought when the island reached capacity someone jumped into an abandon well hole broke their leg and rotated a wheel that moved the island. Then after a brilliant flash of light the person woke up on the AN beach at CN. Never heard of an island that would sink and resurface.

I don't know what the limit is but two years ago on Trading Places day we brought a group of 10 couples over from SSB to the Island.
    Not many from CTI went to CSS so the Island was pretty full
    There were people everywhere-the quiet side, the pool, in all the loungers
    We drank them out of Red Stripe and like Vicky said they had to have more sent over from the mainland
    It was a lot of fun, but you did have to be more personable
    there were not many places on that day to sit off by yourself
    John