Hybrid View

Default Jerk Chicken Within Walking Distance From CSA

I tried searching...but of course i cant find it...i remember reading in past few months that "practically across the street" from CSA you can walk to get very authentic jerk chicken.

Anyone know of the place? Or maybe another place on beach we can walk to?

Or if you have done the one love bar crawl will any places have jerk?

Our trip last year we never got any, and wanted to make sure we dont miss it this trip. We will be at CSA in 9 days....

Go to the south lobby (where the gift shop and logo shop are located) and go out to the street. Cross the street, carefully, and take a right. Walk 50 yards and you'll come to Ossie's Jerk Center. Best jerk pork and very good jerk chicken. Continue about 1/2 mile on that side of the street and you'll come to Best In The West. Much better chicken and worth the walk.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

You can get jerk chicken every day CSA. The Cabana Grill always has it on their menu. Also, the Palms has it just about daily.

Quote Originally Posted by linda&mikemay2 View Post
    You can get jerk chicken every day CSA. The Cabana Grill always has it on their menu. Also, the Palms has it just about daily.
    Yes, have had their's before...while its very good, looking for something a bit more authentic.

Our favorite place for jerk chicken is Bourbon Beach. It's about a 20 minute walk on the beach towards Negril. We get a whole chicken, some rice and peas, a few Red Stripes and sit on the picnic table by the ocean and stuff ourselves. It's heaven. We usually go at lunch time so we can walk both directions to work off the food. One time my hubby had a few too many beers and I didn't think it was a good thing to walk back so we grabbed a cab. Cost us $5. You can't beat that.
    Karon

I agree with fawnridges suggestions, Ozzie for jerk port, Best in the West for jerk chicken. And a little further down the beach Bourbon Beach has some good(hot) jerk chicken. But my favorite jerk chicken is on the cliffs at Eddies De Bar. If you go on the one love bar crawl and they stop there be sure to give it a try!

My vote is best in the west. You can walk the beach until you get to CoCoLaPalm. It is right across the street from CoCo. I think I have read you can get Jerk on the bus crawl. We are going on that in a few weeks so I will soon find out.
    Mary & Mitch

I thought I had heard that Bourbon Beach closed.... Anyone else hear this?

I Just checked out the Bourbon Beach website and it sounds like a blast. My Wife and I usually eat down at Cosmos or our past time if we want some off resort food but we have never been to Bourbon Beach, does anybody know how far it is from CSA?

It's around 2-1/2 miles and well worth the walk.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Quote Originally Posted by Skolmiller View Post
    .....we have never been to Bourbon Beach, does anybody know how far it is from CSA?
    Download this incredibly useful map!

I keep it saved on my ipad and phone. It is also wonderful to look at when you are dreaming about what you are going to do when you finally get back to CSA and Negril.

Quote Originally Posted by Skolmiller View Post
    I Just checked out the Bourbon Beach website and it sounds like a blast. My Wife and I usually eat down at Cosmos or our past time if we want some off resort food but we have never been to Bourbon Beach, does anybody know how far it is from CSA?
    Every year we go to Bourbon Beach from Swept Away, opposite direction than Cosmos and about 20 minute walk, directly on the beach. The jerk is the best we have had, better than Ozzie and Best in the West, but much hotter! Nothing that a few Red Stripes can't cure, they also offer Red Stripe Bold and Dragon Stout which is a nice option.

IMO, Bourbon Beach's jerk chicken is the most authentic chicken I've had in Negril. I don't like jerk sauce that tastes like bottled BBQ sauce. They marinate their chicken and then cook it slowly over a wood fire.
    I don't think they are closed but things can happen fast in Jamaica. It's about a 20 minute walk along the beach from CSA. Just head out towards the town of Negril and you can't miss it. Bring a long some extra money to buy a beer along the way. Makes the walk go faster.

There was a comment that Cosmo's was closing. But I don't know if that's true either. We like the curried conch there. Never tried their jerk.
    Karon

I enjoyed the Jerk Chicken Sandwich at CSA so much that I got it almost every day. I was a bit nervous to leave the resort... I felt VERY comfortable staying inside the resort. We walked down towards Margaritaville on the beach and it was scary... I didn't like the people harassing me..