Thread: Warm thoughts

Default Warm thoughts

We're in the eighties. No, not the temp. That's a balmy 14 degrees with a very unfriendly wind.
    However, in spite of the frigid numbers here, my heart is already beginning to warm my soul. The beautiful golden orb that shines overhead on this blustery winter day, offers no warmth at all. But that same sun is also shining on a tropical paradise in the West Indies, and there, travelers have gathered to enjoy the more tepid side of that distant star. They bask in its glorious warming qualities.
    So while my hands and head must remain within the boundaries of this long freezing winter's day, my heart and mind are free to roam. They seek out more pleasant surrounding. A robin's egg blue sky, high wispy clouds slowly drifting by, just a hint of a cooling comforting breeze, warm ocean waters, soft sandy shores, and of course, that distant star glowing brightly overhead. Bringing smiles and comfort and warmth to all. Soon come my friends, soon come for you and me

Crabracer, I ALWAYS enjoy your posts and they always seem to come at times when I am missing Jamaica the most! Thank you!
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012
    CSS October 2013
    CSS October 2014....Soon come!!

Very nice, Crabracer!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crabracer View Post
    We're in the eighties. No, not the temp. That's a balmy 14 degrees with a very unfriendly wind.
    However, in spite of the frigid numbers here, my heart is already beginning to warm my soul. The beautiful golden orb that shines overhead on this blustery winter day, offers no warmth at all. But that same sun is also shining on a tropical paradise in the West Indies, and there, travelers have gathered to enjoy the more tepid side of that distant star. They bask in its glorious warming qualities.
    So while my hands and head must remain within the boundaries of this long freezing winter's day, my heart and mind are free to roam. They seek out more pleasant surrounding. A robin's egg blue sky, high wispy clouds slowly drifting by, just a hint of a cooling comforting breeze, warm ocean waters, soft sandy shores, and of course, that distant star glowing brightly overhead. Bringing smiles and comfort and warmth to all. Soon come my friends, soon come for you and me
    Yesterday was -30 wind chill here in Michigan...I attempted to dream myself to the warmth of a Caribbean country when my face and lips froze and brought me back to reality LOL....

Old Man Winter can hit the road anytime... However it's only Jan 31st, so we have a couple more months to 'enjoy' his company... Wisconsin is having one hell of a winter, just like everyone else! 85 days 'til our toes sink in the sand & I have a rum punch in my hand. Soon come Jamaica! Love & Respect - Razzl

I feel your pain, Ironbutterfly. We live near the lakeshore in west Michigan, it's been a brutal winter! 133 days until CN, and it can't come fast enough! I keep trying to think warm thoughts....

Yup gotta love this years Wisconsin winter. We are at 70 days until home sweet home at CSA No worries.........