Thread: Sand Ceremony

Default Sand Ceremony

We will be getting married at couples negirl 10-11-12. It will just be the two off us. My fiance has been married before, and we both have children from pervious relationships. That being said it will just be the two of us in Jamaica. For many reasons we wants a small intimate ceremony for just the two of us. With that being said we have lots of family and friends who just arent happy with our decision so we are having an at home reception when we return. We are wearing our wedding attire, doing the fist dance, cake cutting, etc etc etc. We also have 4 children ages 4,5,7, and 7. We want to do something to include them all. Would it be out of place to have the sand ceremony at the reception for everyone to see and include the children. We want to do something to symbolize the whole family coming together as one. Any input or any other ideas would be appreciated!!!

I don't have any kids but that sounds like a really cool idea. It was just us for our wedding and it was awesome. Congratulations you will have a great time.

I think that is a beautiful idea! I am getting married@ cti 5/26/12, as well just the 2 of us in Jamaica, and personally just seems way more intimate that way. We are doing home reception too (immediately when we return home like the next day!), and showing the video of the ceremony. So really know one has reason to feel "left out." Whats great about the at home wedding is you can make it as relaxed as you'd like. We are kind of doing the whole nine yards, but I am not wearing my wedding attire. I want to "trash the dress", and i was concerned it could get dirty anyways. Just got a little cocktail dress. Really bummed my Mom though. Best of luck to you all! And happy planning

Thats a great idea and it will bond the family as one