Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Addicts on our trip - what do we do!?!

Hi there,

We will be having our Weddingmoon June 16-23, 2012 with our wedding on the 19th =) The only problem is that two of the folks attending may not make it through the week without Mt Dew!!! One is the Groom's father, the other our Best Man (these are important people!) lol. We were at CSA last July and we know they do not serve Mt Dew anywhere! Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can get Mt Dew there safely or know if it is even a possibility? I know this is super petty, but they really may not make it! The best man was with us last July and we stayed 4 days, he couldn't it find it fast enough when we hit St Louis airport! lol Thank you in advance for suggestions!

Well you have about 5 weeks until your trip - maybe they can work on weaning their addiction in that time frame ? Maybe the Red Bull at the sports bar would be an okay caffeine substitute, or you could see if the bartenders can concoct something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by CSAbride2 View Post
    Hi there,

We will be having our Weddingmoon June 16-23, 2012 with our wedding on the 19th =) The only problem is that two of the folks attending may not make it through the week without Mt Dew!!! One is the Groom's father, the other our Best Man (these are important people!) lol. We were at CSA last July and we know they do not serve Mt Dew anywhere! Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can get Mt Dew there safely or know if it is even a possibility? I know this is super petty, but they really may not make it! The best man was with us last July and we stayed 4 days, he couldn't it find it fast enough when we hit St Louis airport! lol Thank you in advance for suggestions!
    As a Diet Mtn Dew addict myself I find the best alternative to be rum, followed by more rum, followed by more rum and after that I don't really miss the Diet Mtn Dew that much anymore. As much Diet Dew as I drink it would really not be worth the hassle of trying to bring it. It is surely not worth foregoing a vacation in Jamaica over lack of Diet Dew!!! Appleton Estate and Diet Pepsi make a very fine replacement.

You really, really do not want to pack a pressurized, carbonated beverage into your checked luggage. That could be disasterous.

An expensive option would be to buy several bottles of Mt. Dew once you arrive at the airport in the U.S. and go through security. You can then carry them on in your carry on luggage. As most of the airlines are becoming very strict on the size of carryons, you probably couldn't buy too many. But just maybe enough to tide them over.

Or maybe you can liquor them up enough at CSA that they won't miss it.

Grab a taxi and head into town to the Hi-Lo market. You might be able to find it there. Never looked for it myself, but that's where i'd look if I "needed" to.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Not sure about CSA but at CN, they sell bottles of Mt. Dew in the gift shop (out of the soft drinks cooler) .... Or they used to. Hubby used to be addicted also but FINALLY after 35 years or knowing him, he kicked the habit so our last trip to CN, he didn't need a Dew .... YAY !!!!
    Julie

You might pack some in you checked luggage. I would put them in a plastic bag in case they do leak.
    Linda

The little store across the street may have it. We frequent it a few times during our trips so hubby can have a rum and Coke instead of Pepsi when we are lounging in our room.

We just got back from CN and you're right no MD anywhere! Luckily we brought 8 12 oz. bottles in our checked luggage. It added to the weight on the way there, but gave us plenty of room for the goodies we purchased at the resort. Eventhough we had to ration them they were a life savor for us when Pepsi just won't cut it.

Give them a Ting. They will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    Give them a Ting. They will love it.
    Ting is horrible... But you should be able to get some past security in a US airport.

But really, just tell them for the week they get to drink pepsi. I love diet dew, but I drink diet pepsi in Jamaica, and don't really care. I cannot imagine having something like that be a factor in my vacation.

I agree. Try the Ting.
    Weddingmoon @ CTI August 2011
    Planning our return Home!

I am sure you can find some REAL Gingerbeer! This might be a nice substitute for the Dew!

Ting doesn't have caffeine but it is good.

Quote Originally Posted by IACouple View Post
    Ting is horrible...
    I have found that adding liberal amounts of a good vodka to my Ting goes a long way in making up for any of its shortcomings.

Try the Ting....
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I too am addicted to Dew and I didn't have a problem at all. There were plenty of other options to keep me satisfied, and I honestly didn't get a caffeine headache while I was there. I did pick one up at the airport on our way back, but it's the stuff made with real sugar so it tastes different. They will survive. I promise! I did!

Dew is a Pepsi product. Why doesn't the resort have any? Seems to be a demand.

ya mon, dont fret, take a taxi down town to the grocery store, value master or the hi lo do have it, just purchased some there in march, have a good time waynef

Quote Originally Posted by Smokintoad View Post
    Dew is a Pepsi product. Why doesn't the resort have any? Seems to be a demand.
    It's a resort that caters to people from all over the world. They can't stock every little thing someone craves. That being said, it is in some of the gift shops.

Just trying to point out that it is a Pepsi Product... meaning the distributor likely has it available. It wouldn't be as difficult as getting Coke Zero for example. They could get a bag of syrup for the fountain, not a huge deal. Considering the thread, maybe there is enough demand for it.

Personally, I'm a recovering Dew addict, so I will be ok without it. I do understand why many would like it available though.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokintoad View Post
    Just trying to point out that it is a Pepsi Product... meaning the distributor likely has it available. It wouldn't be as difficult as getting Coke Zero for example. They could get a bag of syrup for the fountain, not a huge deal. Considering the thread, maybe there is enough demand for it.

Personally, I'm a recovering Dew addict, so I will be ok without it. I do understand why many would like it available though.
    personally I'd rather have then step up the quality of tequila then stock "dew". If you're that hard up for it pick up a few hundred bottles or whatever you need once you get past security at the airport

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    personally I'd rather have then step up the quality of tequila then stock "dew". If you're that hard up for it pick up a few hundred bottles or whatever you need once you get past security at the airport
    ^This was exactly my point. As much as many of us love Couples I'm sure we all could think of one or two things we enjoy from home that we miss while we are away, for example my wife prefers diet coke to pepsi, but we realize that these resorts cater to a wide range of people from all over the place and they simply can not provide everything anyone would want. Plus, isn't that part of going on vacation in another country; to experience different things? It is for me at least.

No big deal. It just is what it is.

If they really can't make it through the week, you could ask each of your other guests to help out & bring a couple bottles with them. They could purchase them at the airport after going through security.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    If you're that hard up for it pick up a few hundred bottles or whatever you need once you get past security at the airport
    7 day trip....70 bottles would be enough. :-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast