Thread: Smoking at CTI

Default Smoking at CTI

We will be arriving at CTI on My 20th for our Honeymoon. It will be our first time to Couples as well as Jamaica. We are both non-smokers and have a question about smoking. We are staying in a Ocean JR Suite and wondering if the room will smell of smoke? Also are guests allowed to smoke anywhere or just in certain areas? We wont let the smoking ruin our trip we just are curious about it.
    Thanks so much! We cant wait to relax and have a great time with great people.
    Kayla and Josh
    CTI 2012

None of the rooms smell of smoke. You can smoke anywhere except the restaurants and spa.
    Dianavr

My fiancee smoked last time we went to CTI, and YAY, he has since quit! But when we were there, he was only allowed to smoke outside. We witnessed no other people smoking at the pool bars, pool, or the open area restaurants, so we assumed it was not allowed, and he would smoke only we were alone away from other people in certain outdoor areas. I feel pretty confident that there are either not a lot of smokers, or that they are all just so courteous like my fiancee, that they take it elsewhere. Not sure about the actual rules...

Smoking is allowed anywhere outside, and in rooms. The good news; most people are courteous and aware, and the rooms do not retain the smell one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by MsKayla5 View Post
    We will be arriving at CTI on My 20th for our Honeymoon. It will be our first time to Couples as well as Jamaica. We are both non-smokers and have a question about smoking. We are staying in a Ocean JR Suite and wondering if the room will smell of smoke? Also are guests allowed to smoke anywhere or just in certain areas? We wont let the smoking ruin our trip we just are curious about it.
    Thanks so much! We cant wait to relax and have a great time with great people.
    Hi Ms Kayla!
    We were at CTI last October. I believe that since their renovation all rooms are non-smoking now (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong). People do smoke on the balconeys. I don't remember ever smelling smoke anywhere on the resort... even the beach. I don't smoke either and since all the non-smoking laws came into effect where we live, I notice it even more when someone is smoking around me.
    No Worries! You will have a fantastic time at CTI!
    Best wishes for a wonderful wedding! Congrats!
    Lori

Was there in december. The rooms are all still smoking rooms. Non-smoking in the indoor restaurants

That's the bonus of not having heavy drapery or carpets. Those items are what hold in the smokey smell.
    Vicky

Nothing smells of smoke but one thing that annoyed me last October was that people were smoking in the foyer and had even moved the smokers pole inside. Not cool smokers.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisJamie View Post
    Smoking is allowed anywhere outside, and in rooms. The good news; most people are courteous and aware, and the rooms do not retain the smell one bit.
    Who wants to sit in their room and smoke? I love my cigars and go everywhere with them but when I'm at CSS I'm out by the pool, beach, or bar! Yes, you can smoke in your room but I would not sit in there and smoke a full cigar. Oh, I may do the "pass through" to the bathroom or some other quick activity but I would not smoke a whole cigar in my room.
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar Dude View Post
    Who wants to sit in their room and smoke?
    You got me. We'll have a cig on the porch after breakfast, or watching a rainstorm roll by. That's about it.

So people can smoke anywhere? Ewww... no offense smokers, but I just would rather not be exposed to that. I hope those who smoke are respectful of those of us who would rather not inhale their smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by kara0610 View Post
    So people can smoke anywhere? Ewww... no offense smokers, but I just would rather not be exposed to that. I hope those who smoke are respectful of those of us who would rather not inhale their smoke.
    Covered in post #4 by this smoker.

Everyone is their own person, but the majority are VERY conscious. The sea breeze helps dissipate in public areas.

It's Not California....
    Catering to people from around the world.

Smokers are people too...

As a smoker, I do give courteousness to those who do not, and avoid exposing those who do not smoke to my smoke. During an evening show at CSS last year, my wife and I left the patio area to have a smoke and returned afterwards, even though we are allowed to. I certainly wouldn't want to infringe on anyone's rights not to have to inhale smoke if they don't want to and I did see very many smokers give that courtesy to those who don't. you will find that most guests of couples are very respectful, and you have no worries.

smoking is not allowed in the Piano Bar. We usually smoke out on the balcony and have never smelled stale smoke in any of the rooms.

And yes, smokers are people too and it is not illegal. Respect goes both directions.

I really appreciate those smoker who are curteous enough to respect those of us who don't and would like not to be exposed. Once upon a time I was what you would call a "social smoker" for a short time, but that has been over a decade and would like to stay away if I can. I hope no one really takes offense to my comment, I would just prefer not to be in direct contact, as second hand smoke has negative effects as well. Smokers have the right to do so if they wish, I just hope they are respectful to those who don't. It sounds like everyone on this thread is and I really appreciate that!

I just want smokers to use the ash trays provided. I am disturbed by seeing piles of cigarette butts on the sand. Not just at CTI, I notice every time go to a beach.
    Vicky