Default A Little Misleading! but fun!

My wife and I went to Jamaica for our third visit (with 7 other couples) . We have gone to Negril but wanted to explore Dunn River Falls and Glistening Waters (Luminous Lagoon, that was hardly luminous that night), so we booked 3 nights at Tower Isle and 9 in Negril. Unfortunately we weren't allowed on the Tower Island unless we were willing to go naked!? I mean either it should be optional or time should be set aside who would like to visit the island with clothes (How about 8-1 clothes, 1-5 sans clothes; better yet clothing optional) I'm 60, taking my clothes off in front of people I know makes it hard to eat dinner with them later. There was nothing in the Couples ad that led us to believe we were not allowed to visit Tower Island UNLESS we we're willing to go naked. Except for that, we found Couples Tower Island like our "home port" Couples Negril was top notch. Will be back to Negril in 2013! Frank Fedele

Well then by your logic, the ones naked should be able to come over to the main beach and mingle too right?? I mean why should they not be able to use the main beach just because they are nude and everybody else has swim suits on?? seriously....... Please understand the areas for nudity are just that... and in my opinion it needs to stay that way. It levels the playing field so nobody feels uncomfortable, since all are nude. I think the rules are just fine the way they are and it works out.

I've been going to CTI since 2000 and have always known that the island is for nude sunbathing and is always talked about on this board. I've been to the island on a few occasions and even tho its not something that I really enjoy or go to CTI for, I do believe the island should be kept just for nude sunbathing. I understand how any one would like to visit the island, but if it were clothing optional you would get alot of people just going over to gawk! You can now have a private dinner on the island (extra charge) but well worth the money and you keep your clothes on! LOL Did it last year for our 10th wedding anniversary (married at CTI 2001) and it was wonderful.
    Dianavr

I'm sorry that the information you read, or did not read, didn't point out to you that TI is not clothing optional. That term had caused some confusion before. But it has been clearly stated over and over again, TI is NOT clothing optional.
    There is time set aside for people that want to see what the island is like without getting undressed. In the morning they will take you out to TI before the island opens at 9 am. They will also make time in the afternoon, after five when the island closes.

Maybe next time you will give the island a try.

Frank....if you look a little closer at the CTI portion of this webiste..."The Island" is naked only...sorry. I am 53 and have no problem eating dinner with someone I saw naked during the day, no problem at all.

Glad you enjoy CTI....Have fun in Negril 2013.
    Peace,
    BostonWalt

Oh I bet you're going to get some very strong responses to this. Personally, I don't want to go to an aunatural beach where people are allowed to just hang out with clothes on. This would lead to people coming by to "gawk" which isn't cool at all.

I also found out up front through the website that the island, like Sunset Beach at CSS, was their au natural beach area and clothing isn't optional, it's not allowed for the comfort of the guests that choose to visit these areas.

I wouldn't want to Couples to change their policy at either CSS or CTI.

You know, it is clearly stated many, many times on this website (message boards, FAQ, inclusions & activities section for CTI) that the island at Tower Isle is "au natural" meaning nude only. I don't know how in the world people can possibly miss this readily available information.

Sorry you missed the party about AN only on the island but it is right there under inclusions and activities. See below.

Located on 19 acres of beautiful beachfront property, Couples Tower Isle engages you with the promise of elaborate active days or hours of uninterrupted privacy.
    Enjoy a refreshing dip in one of our three swimming pools, or a leisurely soak in the Jacuzzis scattered about the resort. Indulge in au naturel sunbathing on our private island, Tower Isle. Take in a game of tennis, a round of golf or while away the afternoon on a lounge chair by the sea.
    Three fresh water swimming pools + Jacuzzis
    Six unique restaurants serving the finest international cuisine with Caribbean flavors: Bayside Asian, Verandah continental cuisine, Patio Mediterranean and Italian fare, Eight Rivers Caribbean fusion, Beach Grill, Veggie Café
    Four bars, including the Tower Isle bar, and Piano bar, all serving premium brand liquors, wines and champagne
    Private island for au naturel sunbathingWatersports & scuba
    Synthetic grass tennis courts with lights, complimentary lesson
    Unlimited golf (transfers and green fees included. Caddy mandatory at a nominal charge)
    Air-conditioned fitness center, with state-of the art cardio equipment.
    Classes include spinning, aerobics, yoga, Pilates and meditation
    Glass-bottom boat tour
    Dunn's River Falls tour
    Shopping excursion to Downtown Ocho Rios
    Shuttle to Island Village, home of Jimmy Buffett's "Margaritaville"

Amy

Hi Frank,
    I'm glad you and your friends enjoyed your time at CTI. I would like to make one clarification though, Tower Island has ALWAYS been for those who like to sunbathe totally nude, and I'm not sure where on the website e you saw contradictory language????? Couples has decided that AN for their resorts means NUDE and not clothing optional since that seems to level the playing field for all the guests--if everyone is naked no one is uncomfortable.

Again, I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation to CTI.

One Love,
    suzyQ

10. Default

Hi all:

Tower Isle, the island at Couples Tower Isle, will remain au naturel. No plans for any changes.

Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fedele View Post
    My wife and I went to Jamaica for our third visit (with 7 other couples) . We have gone to Negril but wanted to explore Dunn River Falls and Glistening Waters (Luminous Lagoon, that was hardly luminous that night), so we booked 3 nights at Tower Isle and 9 in Negril. Unfortunately we weren't allowed on the Tower Island unless we were willing to go naked!? I mean either it should be optional or time should be set aside who would like to visit the island with clothes (How about 8-1 clothes, 1-5 sans clothes; better yet clothing optional) I'm 60, taking my clothes off in front of people I know makes it hard to eat dinner with them later. There was nothing in the Couples ad that led us to believe we were not allowed to visit Tower Island UNLESS we we're willing to go naked. Except for that, we found Couples Tower Island like our "home port" Couples Negril was top notch. Will be back to Negril in 2013! Frank Fedele
    With a little bit of homework you would have known this if you were that interested in going to "The Island". I`m just sayin.
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fedele View Post
    . . . .There was nothing in the Couples ad that led us to believe we were not allowed to visit Tower Island UNLESS we we're willing to go naked. . . .
    Perhaps it might be helpful if you specified the advertisement upon which you relied. I don't think I've ever seen an ad for CTI that referred to the island as anything other than a "private island for au naturel sunbathing."
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Hi all:

Tower Isle, the island at Couples Tower Isle, will remain au naturel. No plans for any changes.
    and we thank you for that.

just go after 5pm like you can due at the CSS au natural beach

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    and we thank you for that.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by zaraforty View Post
    just go after 5pm like you can due at the CSS au natural beach
    There is no way to get there after 5pm unless you book the private dinner on the island. It's not open as SSB is at Sans Souci.
    Vicky

I had never been to an au natural beach before and my husband and I decided before we left to CTI we wanted to do the island. So you know what? We did and went naked! It really wasn't bad at all and I can say that there are lots of different age groups and body types. And never had a problem with feeling uncomfortable meeting people later on the rest of the resort... Maybe just try something new. You might be surprised. I know we where. I'd definitely do that again and I would hate to see the policy on the island change.

I doubt that we will see any change in policy. It's be spelled out pretty succinctly.

Vickyj: I know for a fact that they do indeed take people over before they open at nine and after they close at five. Those arrangements can always be made. CTI tries to accommodate as many different requests from guests as they can. I hope the next time you are there you too can get out to the island.

Then again, as Dave and Jessica mentioned, it certainly worth a try. So many people we know that were opposed to trying it, but once they did, they never looked back. It' a very empowering accomplishment.