Thread: CSA Dress Code

Default CSA Dress Code

What would be appropriate attire @ Feathers and Lemongrass for women & men? It will be our 1st time to CSA and we'd like to try all of the restaurants! Thanks for your feedback.

IN ALL RESTAURANTS ... Don't go to dinner wearing a t-shirt... please ... a little decor!

As for Feathers, the rules are clear... slacks, collared shirt and closed toe shoes for the gents (no knock-around tennis shoes), resort casual for the ladies (such as a sun dress, casual gown, etc.) and nice shoes (sandals are ok, no flip-flops).
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Dress codes are on the web site. Look for the restaurants under the CSA tab.

Feathers for men: long pants (no jeans), closed shoes (no sandals, no sneakers or athletic shoes), no tee shirts or tank tops. Come on guys, it won't kill you to dress nice for a night or two on vacation.
    Women: dress casual, but nice; no cut-offs, no flip-flops or sneakers, no tee shirts or tank tops. Sun dresses are popular and accepted, nice capri pants are ok as well. Skirt and blouse combinations are also cool. My wife likes to wear a nice dress and even heels if she is in the mood, but that is not required.

It is still quite casual, no jackets or ties. It is the 'classy joint' on the property and it is expected that guests treat is as such. It is a chance for some couples to dress to the nines if they desire and you may see some folks very dressed up just because they enjoy it. But it is a chance for all of us to get out of our shorts or swim suits for a very nice meal in a bit more elegant setting.

Lemongrass is just a step below. I wear nice shorts (no cut-offs) and a polo shirt or Hawaiian print shirt. Nice sandals are accepted, no flip-flops. A bit more casual than Feathers, but a bit of class is still expected.

Really, for dinner at any of the restaurants most folks try to dress a step above their day wear and make it a nice evening, without having to go overboard.

Enjoy!

We were just at CSA and talking to another couple who were there for a week and did not get to try either of the top restaurants as the husband decided he was going as a beach bum and didn't bring shoes, long pants, or any collared shirts. First and foremost try to remember this is a FIVE STAR RESORT and not just a beach. When the sun goes down the bathing suits come off and you should dress appropriately for a nice evening with respect to other guests, the staff, and yourself. All of the top resorts have these minimum requirements in their better restaurants so get all you pay for and bring the proper clothes.

Not to say I won't be bringing some nice clothes to wear. I'm glad I saw this thread about threads. I might have only brought jeans, and that being said it would be sad to be denied entry to one of the restaurants because i/youdidn't read every inch of the website. I also wonder if a nice Tommy Bahama shirt(floral print) with a collar is acceptable? Does it have to be long sleeve? Hats?
    Last edited by Phishface; May 15th, 2012 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Typo

Tommy Bahamas printed short sleeved shirt is fine, as is a golf shirt. And.... Hats? Really???? Unless you are sitting outside in the sun at a pub or cafe, who wears a hat to the dinner table?? Not even in my kitchen.

What about white jean capri's with a dressy top and wedge heels?

Hubby wears Tbahama shirts to the nice restaurants all the time. I don't know about the hats though.

We just got back from CSA! The dress code is a joke for every place except Feathers. You can wear your flip flops and shorts to dinner at the Palms and Patois however at Feathers closed toed shoes and collared shirt are required!

FYI do not bring any jeans! Its hotter than the sun there day and night and only pants you need are dress slacks for dinner!

Quote Originally Posted by wlt1327 View Post
    We just got back from CSA! The dress code is a joke for every place except Feathers. You can wear your flip flops and shorts to dinner at the Palms and Patois however at Feathers closed toed shoes and collared shirt are required!

FYI do not bring any jeans! Its hotter than the sun there day and night and only pants you need are dress slacks for dinner!

T shirts, tank tops, sneakers or flip flops, are NOT accecptable at the Palms at CSA. Nice dress shorts, closed toes sandals, & a nice shirt ARE. People do slip in looking like slobs, it all depends whose at the front desk I suppose, but at what point do you not look around you & see that you are way underdressed? Lunch is fine for swimsuits & please put on a top guys, no one wants your sweat & hair in their food. Have a little class, common sense & respect & you'll be just fine. Don't wastes space in your suitcase with jeans, you'll sweat your butt off. I don't eat at Patois, I prefer the Palms, but I know the dress code is the same. If you say something to the head waiter, they will tell them to change into proper attire. I have seen this happen & had a good laugh out of it.

Both Feathers and Lemongrass require the shoes, slacks, and colared shirts for men. The Palms and Patois are no bathing suits in the evening and coverups required during the day for women and shirts for men. Only Seagrapes and the pool grill are for bathing suits only service. You pay to use all of these so don't shortchange yourself trying to circumvent the few rules in effect here. If you check any of the other main resort sites you will find these same rules at their finest restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerlyran View Post
    who wears a hat to the dinner table?? Not even in my kitchen.
    Sometimes bald people(me) feel more comfortable in a nice hat. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by rckbert View Post
    Both Feathers and Lemongrass require the shoes, slacks, and colared shirts for men. The Palms and Patois are no bathing suits in the evening and coverups required during the day for women and shirts for men. Only Seagrapes and the pool grill are for bathing suits only service. You pay to use all of these so don't shortchange yourself trying to circumvent the few rules in effect here. If you check any of the other main resort sites you will find these same rules at their finest restaurants.
    Per the website: Feathers is the only restaurant requiring slacks.
    Dress: Elegant casual. Shirts, slacks and closed shoes for the gentlemen and summer dresses for the ladies. No sandals, T-shirts, shorts, jeans, sneakers, or hats are allowed. Jacket is optional.

The other three are described simply as
    Dress: Resort Casual (beach cover up, footwear required)

Now, resort casual in the evening (to me at least) means at a minimum nicer shorts and a collared shirt, however, if one WANTS to show up in cutoffs and a t-shirt with cutoff's, one technically "could". Lemongrass does seem to be dressier than both Patios and the Palms. That being said: for us anyway, Lemongrass is HOT. (Even after the sun goes down.) Guys -- I would HIGHLY recommend wearing shorts and a linen-type shirt, and ladies -- sundresses are the order of the evening. Jeans -- Good Lord. You'd melt!
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]