Thread: Conch?

Default Conch?

Does Jamaica/CSA get Conch? I LOVE CONCH!!!

Whats that?

CSS had conch soup on their beach party night.

They occasionally have conch soup at SweptAway... When Cosmo's was down the beach you could walk down there to get a bowl, but they closed up shop last fall... supposedly moved across the street and gave up that li'l stretch of beach to the B resort expansion.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

yes, but not enough

I LOVE conch. I've had curried conch, sauteed conch, conch fritters, and conch soup while in Negril. Unfortunately I'm not sure if I ever had it while at CSA, but there are plenty of places that are only a short walk from CSA where you can get your conch fix.
    Chris~ Are you sure about Cosmos moving?That would be a shame if its true, I was just there in December and they have(had) such a nice spot on the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    When Cosmo's was down the beach you could walk down there to get a bowl, but they closed up shop last fall... supposedly moved across the street and gave up that li'l stretch of beach to the B resort expansion.
    That is a shame!

I have never seen conch at CSA during my visits and have to go off property to get it - which we do at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by Phishface View Post
    Does Jamaica/CSA get Conch? I LOVE CONCH!!!
    I have never been to jamaica (yet 23days!) But when I was in Freeport, Bahamas the were locals with fresh caught conch on the sides of the road. They had them soaking in fresh water and were making a salad out of it. D.E. licious!!! I have heard that there are fisherman in Negril that go diving for them and yuo can pay thema small fee to go out with them I WILL BE DOING THIS!!! Hopefully someone who has been there can tell us more......

We had jerk conch for dinner at the Palms when we were there for New Years. In April we had conch soup for lunch one day at the Palms but no jerk conch on that visit. I was hoping it was going to be on the menu because we loved it. Oh well, maybe next time.
    Interesting about Cosmo's. Had conch there a few times. It was good - but better at CSA.
    Karon

We stayed 10 nights at CSA last year and I don't recall seeing conch on the menu anywhere. It's too bad because I love conch fritters. Maybe conch is more of a Bahamian thing.

Yes, someone please tell me what conch is?

Conch is a YUMMY sea snail/mollusk. It's got an enormous shell like the kind you see in sea movies where they blow it like a Trumpet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conch

Is Cosmos really gone off the beach? I was there in Jan and it was there then.

I love it in the Bahamas. They take conch, onions, garlic, seasonings and fiery peppers, wrap it in foil, and stick it under hot coals to cook. When it comes out from under the coals, you unwrap the foil to resemble a bowl and you have amazingly tender conch in a fantastic broth.... Yummmmmm

I just got back from Swept Away (5/14-5/21) and I didn't see conch on the menu