Default What are your favorite drinks @ couples??

Hi guys!!

We are arriving @ CTI 5/23/12 for our "weddingmoon" here. Beyond excited. I have loved reading your tips and advice. I want to know what drinks should i try? I've seen pics of the chocolate martinis that look amazing. I've heard something called a dirty banana? I just want to know your favorites!!!

Oh and of course the Bob marley shot...so pretty, but I've seen warnings strong/ not so tasty. I will be trying it none the less!

THANKS!!!

There is another thread somewhere about this, but mine is most definitely the "Naughty Jamaican" made by Tennyson at CN. It is Frangelico and Rum Cream on the rocks. So, so smooth and good. Every time I would order this from him, he would laugh and say "me too Mon".

Dirty banana, miami vice, & vodka slushie- all so good!! Only 63 sleeps now-- can almost taste 'em!!

I just noticed that as well...I love the drink name! lol. I will def try it. Thanks!!

We had "dirty bananas" at CSA, tasted just like a banana milkshake and was wonderful. I'm not really a fruity drink drinker but this was a nice change of pace every once in a while.

You have to do Bob Marley shot while you're there but be careful; we had some girl on our catamaran cruise that had done 3 or 4 of them and she was WASTED!! they're not really good either but the nostalgia is fun. The best advice we got when we took one from the bartender was this, "don't smell it, don't taste it and better yet don't even think about it!!, just shoot it fast!!"

Have fun!!

Big Bamboo- I think they use over proof rum Oh Boy!

Quote Originally Posted by smroot View Post
    There is another thread somewhere about this, but mine is most definitely the "Naughty Jamaican" made by Tennyson at CN. It is Frangelico and Rum Cream on the rocks. So, so smooth and good. Every time I would order this from him, he would laugh and say "me too Mon".
    Franklyn would tell us that the drink is called a "Naughty Jamaica" & he is a "Naughty Jamaican"...so from then on if we asked for a "Naughty Jamaican" he would say alright where do you want me.......LOL
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

My favorite drink at Couples is always "The Next One".

Tried the "Monkey Brains" at the CN pool bar last time there...it is now #1 ahead of RumCream on the Rocks...

There are several excellent drinks besides of course red stripe and red stripe light. For starters, as already mentioned,the Dirty Banana, Miami Vice are good. Have to definetly try a Hummingbird, one of our favorites. The Snake Bite is good too.

There are too many to remember. If you do a search on here someone once posted a drink menu that you can look at. Have a great time.

Purple Rain and Couples Blue are good.

does anyone have pictures of bar menus?

My wife and I both love the 'Peaches and Cream'. It truly tastes a little peachy, light, tropical, cool, and delicious. It's a blended drink that has rum cream and a bunch of other stuff. The funny thing is that I don't think there are peaches, but there is a banana in it! We don't like bananas that much but we love this drink.

Maimi Vice

There is something special about that first cold Red Stripe at the Couples Lounge at the Airport. The official start our our vacation. Followed soon after by the cold champagne as finally arrive at your resort. From there try the drink of the day and one of everything else. Watch out for the Bob Marley. The first one will wake you up... the second one will put you to sleep.

h.search19,
    Here's to you! Raising my Hummingbird for you to enjoy your trip to Paradise. A Hummingbird tastes like a chocolate/banana smoothie...awesome!
    Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Simply but good: Rum Punch.

My wife made the mistake of telling Franklin @ CN that the "Jamaican Mind Eraser" she ordered wasn't working... the next one did the job and then some!

This one's similar to the Bob Marley in that it is a multi-flavor and color drink but instead of a shot, you drink it quickly it with a straw and drink all the levels from the bottom of the cup to the top. You end with a somewhat pleasant taste in your mouth but levels 1 & 2 are kind of rough.
    Last edited by hummedan; June 6th, 2012 at 10:48 AM.

Some great suggestions in here. I've got my first visit to CTI soon and am looking forward to trying some of these out!

Can never get enough of the miami vice, and the hummingbirds....do make sure to try those ones.

Name:  5_14.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  43.5 KBName:  5_16.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  44.4 KB

these were a couple of pictures that we took of the drink menus, but there are a LOT more options than this!! my personal fave was the dirty banana, which i can't wait to go back and have more of!!!
    Last edited by lstell03; June 12th, 2012 at 01:05 PM.