Default Swept Away - get your act together!

Someone on trip adviser has complained that the sea is too salty! Brilliant!

I read the review - what an idiot! Wow...the sea is too salty there? I can't roll my eyes far enough for that one. The reviewer sounded like a spoiled brat and a total snob, but more than anything that comment about the saltwater just made them look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Caznsi View Post
    Someone on trip adviser has complained that the sea is too salty! Brilliant!
    I read that also and had to laugh. I have an idea - Couples please go and take some of the salt out of the ocean! LOL
    Dianavr

Now THAT is a hoot!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

[T]he sea is too salty . . .
    . . . and the beach is too sandy!
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

[T]he sea is too salty . . .
    . . . and too wet!
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Well I sure hope it isn't as salty as CN. I don't want my ankles to swell when I am there and I always get thirsty when I am swimming.

That is so funny that someone complained about that.

I saw that too! I don't think it will be any loss to CSA if that person doesn't come back - I wouldn't want them around complaining about how salty the ocean is while I'm enjoying paradise If you haven't been to CSA yet, rest assured that the ocean is perfectly normal.

Couples - If you're going to take the salt out of the water at CSA, could you please also remove the fish from the swim area at CN ...... I actually saw a woman scream & run out once because "there are fish in there" .... Her husband informed her .... "It's the ocean for crying out loud" !!!!!! Are people REALLY this STUPID ???? Obviously, the answer to that is YES THEY ARE !
    Julie

So *that's* what the back of my eye sockets look like! I didn't know human eyes could roll that far!

What next, is someone going to write a review claiming the water is too wet in the showers?
    That the ocean is too big?
    That the sand is too sandy?

Sheesh...

I mean, I'll admit I didn't know this, but the Atlantic is apparently saltier than the Pacific (found this out on a snorkeling trip in Hawaii,) but considering the guy also mentions Cancun (on the Atlantic) one would think he would have found the saltier water already...

Jason
    Looking forward to going back to the saltier ocean off CTI next May!

hahaha get a grip of the ocean couples! salty sea water is not acceptable

Ha. Is the water too wet also?

Life is good

I respect people for airing their differences on TA but the salt level was a first. What got me was comparing Negril to Bora Bora and that we should save our money and go to the latter. My wife and I can spend a week at Couples for the cost of one round trip air ticket to Bora Bora. The wife and I like being able to vacation in an affordable place with friendly people each year. I feel special when I arrive on the Couples property.

haha. I read that too and lol'd!! It amazes me some of the reviews that people post and the differences; we've been to CSA once and before we left I was a little nervous because of some of the reviews but after being there I really don't understand what some people are looking for? We had a wonderful experience last year and are going back next month to be married on the beach. We're taking family and friends with us so they can enjoy it as well. If you can't enjoy yourself at CSA I'm not really sure where you can enjoy yourself?

Also, the sand was a little too sandy for me, can you please have someone look into that?

LOL... Wow! Now I've really heard it all!

For the love of Gawd... LOL! Razzl

Saw that one too... People are crazy! This has taken my award for most ridiculous complaint. The award has previously been held by the following complaints about other resorts...

-Because the delivery time of my wall street journal was sporadic, it ruined our entire trip....
    -This resort was unsanitary and disgusting. I saw a small lizard climbing up the wall in an open air hallway outside the rooms.... This is unacceptable.

LOL! Maybe I am just easy to please, unsanitary or like things a little too salty????

The reviewer also didn't like the lack of "diversity" there....like the resort has anything to do with that. The person really has to be crazy to think that anyone would take a review like that seriously. Sounds like things within the control of CSA were acceptable, the only things he didn't like were things that are not in control of the resort itself....OH WELL...we all need a laugh once in a while!

And while you're at it taking the salt out of the ocean, could you please make the beach less sandy, the water less wet, the ice in your drink less cold, the nighttime less dark, the daytime less bright, and booze less alcoholic????

Quote Originally Posted by jayrayuf View Post
    I saw that too! I don't think it will be any loss to CSA if that person doesn't come back - I wouldn't want them around complaining about how salty the ocean is while I'm enjoying paradise If you haven't been to CSA yet, rest assured that the ocean is perfectly normal.
    Ohh good. I was worried there for a moment. (Just kidding) I corresponded with him in a forum on TA and told him he should have given a separate review for 7 mile beach, since he seemed to rave about the resort itself. But oh well. If that's the worst someone complains about then the resort must be awesome, especially when your that picky about saltwater.

Speaking of ridiculous complaints...my husband and I still laugh about the one who complained a few years ago that 'they play that recording of the tree frogs too loudly at night'.

If Couples can figure out a way to remove the salt from the ocean water then I hope they can figure out a way to remove all the calories from their food & drink so I won't come home 10 pounds heavier every trip ..... ...... Now that would make it truly Heaven !!!!
    Julie

Well if the sea is to salty then i have a complaint aswell. The staff is way to nice, they work way to hard. The weather is too good, the food is too great, there is way too much alcohol, it is way to easy to relax, our room is way to nice and cdomfortable. We go back again in 5 days. I really hope they fix it all

Quote Originally Posted by Maxernie View Post
    If Couples can figure out a way to remove the salt from the ocean water then I hope they can figure out a way to remove all the calories from their food & drink so I won't come home 10 pounds heavier every trip ..... ...... Now that would make it truly Heaven !!!!
    If you don't eat carbs for a week after you get home, you will only be 2-3 pounds heavier. lol
    CSA - May 2012
    CN - May 2013
    CSS - October 2013