Thread: Perfect Resort

Default Perfect Resort

My wife and I believe that Couples Sans Souci is the perfect resort. We have been there on 2 occasions and to the Negril resort once. We also visited CTI on a day trip. However, I am in the process of planning our next vacation and we are looking to venture outside of Jamaica this year. Does anyone have any suggestions for a resort outside of Jamaica similar to CSS/CN/CTI with AN beach option. We are not looking for full time AN/CO accommodations/activities, just a beach/pool AN option. I hope there is a Couples Bahamas, DR or VI that we overlooked. Any suggestions are appreciated. CSS, see you in 2013.

Thanks, B

Quote Originally Posted by BEN13ONE View Post
    My wife and I believe that Couples Sans Souci is the perfect resort. We have been there on 2 occasions and to the Negril resort once. We also visited CTI on a day trip. However, I am in the process of planning our next vacation and we are looking to venture outside of Jamaica this year. Does anyone have any suggestions for a resort outside of Jamaica similar to CSS/CN/CTI with AN beach option. We are not looking for full time AN/CO accommodations/activities, just a beach/pool AN option. I hope there is a Couples Bahamas, DR or VI that we overlooked. Any suggestions are appreciated. CSS, see you in 2013.

Thanks, B

If you are looking for a Couples-like resort, why not just go back to the real thing ?!?!?!
    Allan and Angie

This is a Couples owned messaged board and we aren't supposed to discuss other resorts. I am surprised you post made it this far. Another poster had theirs responded to by Randymon, that we can't discuss other resorts here. Best bet, check out TripAdvisor.
    Vicky

This is really not the place to discuss other resorts. This is all about Couples.
    Thanks

I appreciate your thoughts and hope I have not offended anyone. If management deems the post inappropriate, I encourage the post to be removed. We thoroughly enjoy the Couples in every way, however we would like to visit other areas of the world to broaden our experiences. I can guarantee we will be venturing back to Jamaica very soon.

Thanks

BEN13ONE,
    I'm delighted your post made it this far, and I wonder how much farther we will get. My guess is not much. But the question you ask is one I have researched for a few years, on places such as Tripadvisor. And I find no answer. I was REALLY hoping someone would answer this post, but I understand this web site is a marketing tool for Couples and as such, probably will not be answered.

What I would like, is for the Couples brand to expand. And go to other islands - St. Lucia being top of that pick. After experiencing Couples, I honestly dont think any other brand would make us as happy. But it would be nice to have other location options (This is not a slam on Jamaica - we love Jamaica. But other islands offer different landscapes is all I am saying.)

Just a thought. I'm probably going to get slimed anyway.

Mona70,
    I concur and thanks. I could not find a good answer on the net either. Probably does not exist.
    I do hope for Couples expansion as well. I do hear St Lucia is very nice. There are also several resorts in St Martin that have closed. Maybe re-branding could be an option.

Overall, the competitors at the S resorts /B resorts /other resorts I have visited have not lived up to my Couples experiences. Plus, I am not really into the AN/CO all the time as seen at some other resorts in the Caribbean. In my opinion, clothing is good sometimes.

Thanks again, BEN

After returning home from our honeymoon at CTI in April '11 we searched out every possible holiday brochure for every possible island in the Carribean. We knew what we wanted, but couldn't find it anywhere else. Within 2 weeks we had booked CTI again, and are due back in paradise in 10 days time. Forget looking elsewhere - it can't be improved upon.
    Iain and Jacqui

I think if anyone responds with the name of another resort on here, it probably won't get posted. Another couples resort on another island would probably do very well as there is no other resort chain that compares to couples as far as I'm concerned. I've researched many resorts, and none have such a loyal following as Couples does. That alone tells me that there is nothing out there to compare it to.

The thing about Couples, what makes it so special to my wife and I, and to most I would bet, is the fact that it is in Jamaica, and comes with everything that Jamaica does. You can't get that anywhere else but IN Jamaica.

It's not only about the branding, it's not only about the 4 very different, but somehow very much the same Couples properties, it's not even about the marketing...

It's about Jamaica. It's about the people of Jamaica. It's about One Love. It's about Respect. It's about the Vibe. It's about how Time seems to slow down when you are in Jamaica. It's about Irie.

There are Resorts all over the world that cater to couples only. But not one of them does it like Couples does, in Jamaica.

Other resorts don't have the Jamaican people. They don't have the Jamaican vibe. The don't have that feeling that washes over you when you arrive in Jamaica, that everything is just going to be alright...

There is one constant when it comes to Couples. They have 4 very unique properties, that are very different from each other. But in the way that they are very different, they are also very much the same. That constant is Jamaica. It's the Jamaican people. It's the Jamaican way of life and living that seeps into everything in Jamaica.

That's why you'll never find anything like Couples anywhere else in the world, because it simply does not exist anywhere else.

Jay&Jen - WOW!!! So beautifully said!! And we agree with you 100% -ya mon!!!
    (Karen&Paul)

We get asked all the time "why do you keep going back to Jamaica and the same resorts?" Bottom line is we love Couples. In my opinion, the other carribbean islands don't offer much of a difference in scenery and view, they're all beautiful with mountains, beaches, and crystal clear blue waters so why go there instead of Jamaica where it feels good to be and at Couples where you know you'll get a top notch experience.

So for me, for a carribean island experience, Jamaica and Couples are it (until we try another resort with the kids who want to go to Jamaica too). We'll eventually go somewhere else like italy or europe or something.

good luck getting an answer! yes we all adore couples, but it would be nice to hear other's opinions. i too have checked out trip advisor, but i don't know what the person writing holds dear. here on the mb i like to think im communicating with like-minded individuals, at least when it comes to vacationing with my love. the only thing i can say is when i went to the bahamas i stayed at that very large purple Resort. what a joke. couples is the best. i can't wait to get back. it's what i compare everything else against.
    one thing i truly discovered is that while couples is a huge chunk of change for us, dollar for dollar, nothing else out there compares when you are looking at AI. thanks couples

Checking in again,

We love Jamaica, and I think we will be getting married at Sans Souci most likely in 2013 - it holds our hearts. That being said, in my useless hunt to find a resort like Couples on another Island, this is what I've found (and since we are on the au natural board, this is what it is going to relate to):

Couples gets the au natural exactly right. When you look on tripadvisor, either you find places that allow topless in certain areas (WOW) or you run around naked the length of your stay and that doesnt particularly appeal to us either. (At least not to me; dont talk to the fiancee though - he may have other ideas )

Couples provides an exotic experience in a way, but still classy when you want it to be. And I really cant find that anywhere else.

And yes, when I thought about getting married anywhere but "home" it just didnt feel right.

I think I just screwed up my last post. It was a lot more eloquent and full of Couples love, but I'm not typing all that again. The gist was, Couples gets the au natural exactly right and no one else that I have found does. Other resorts provide either topless in one area (thanks so much) or you are running around naked to dinner and having a wildlfe experience. Couples is classy AND exotic - the perfect balance.