Hybrid View

Default Secret Rendezvous September 2012

So we did it! Went ahead and booked a 7 night Secret Rendevous from Sept. 22 - 29th. I'm freaking out... just a little... and not totally in a bad way. We've been to CSA twice and love it. We couldn't decide if we should try another Couples resort or stick with CSA but figured this would be a great way to leave it up to chance. My husband says, "Watch... we'll end up right back at CSA." and my reply is, "That wouldn't be bad thing!"

I'm not concerned about the room at all. We spend so little time there and I don't mind walking or stairs as we need the exercise with all the eating and drinking we do! My only real concern is that if we do end up an CSS or CTI that I'll miss the Negril beach. I know a lot of people hate it, but I love people-watching and the vendors and musicians on the beach make it so interesting.

I'd love to hear about other people's experiences with SR or going to one of the other resorts after falling in love with CSA.

We also scheduled a trip during September with the Secret Rendezvous. When we received our receipt and payment confirmation, it was from Couples Tower Isle for a Deluxe Garden Room. I assume this is where we have been scheduled to stay. We were originally going to book at CSA because that looked like the one we would enjoy the most (we are very sports oriented), but elected to do the SR because it was such a great deal. Hoping we will enjoy CTI for our first stay with Couples!

We just paid the deposit so haven't really received a "receipt." I didn't see any indication of a resort in the confirmation email. Interesting...

We love CSA and would be happy to go back there but are generally curious about the other resorts as it seems that so many repeaters have different favorites. We figure the SR is a good way to let fate decide.... although either way, we'll probably book another trip to CSA for April 2013!

I'm just wondering if any CSA-regulars have tried other resorts and if they miss the fun, Negril beach.

Hi! I am still going back and forth on trying the secret rendezvous, as I have seen some iffy reviews for some, but mostly glowing from most people. I am getting married September 16, so I am looking to head out soon.. has anyone gotten their assignments yet?

My wife and I are going to Negril in October for our honeymoon. Several people have mentioned being worried about missing the Negril beach. What is it that makes it so different? This will be our first visit and are very anxious and would to know more about the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelandlaura View Post
    My wife and I are going to Negril in October for our honeymoon. Several people have mentioned being worried about missing the Negril beach. What is it that makes it so different? This will be our first visit and are very anxious and would to know more about the beach.
    Don't know for sure but my guess as to why the beaches on Negril are so beautiful is they are on the west end of the island which probably keeps them out of the main current. Plus it is a bay, or actually two bays, Bloody (CN) and Long (CSA).

There has been a long time post for SR. Essentially , about 50% of the time you get CTI, about 25% CSS, and the additional 25% get CN and CSA. I did the SR about 1.5 years ago. It was for a last minute trip. I really did not want to spend too much, wanted great food, couples only atmosphere, everything included ( did not want any hidden costs), and wanted to head to Jamaica. We received CTI, and honestly had a fantastic time ! CTI is a great resort, and without question, would do the SR again, especially for a last minute trip. They will tell you the resort 7 days out ( no sooner), but any of the 4 resorts are great in their own way !

We're definitely going to CTI so I hope we like it. Just in case, we already booked our fourth trip -- back to CSA -- in April 2013!

@michaelandlaura... Negril and CSA are on the 7 mile beach which is a public beach. People are free to walk up and down the shoreline which means vendors, musicians, etc. Some people find this annoying, but I'm a people-watcher so I enjoy it. Plus, I'm not easily intimidate or offended by vendors. I'll usually buy a few trinkets, but most (if not all) are very respectful if you just give them a polite, "No, thank you." I'm happy to pay a few bucks to the guys with the steel drums to play a few tunes. These people work hard! Trekking up and down the hot beach all day just to earn a few bucks for their families. I think it's admirable and am happy to support them. The Couples security guards are quick to pounce on anyone who looks like they may be lingering too long anyway. They're not allowed to come up the beach to where the chairs are... just along the shoreline.

CTI and CSS beaches, however, are private... so none of the above. I'm afraid I might miss it but am looking forward to a fabulous relaxing experience nonetheless. 16 days to go!

Ok so- today (Wednesday) we have seven days until we check in. We booked Secret Rendezvous beginning Wednesday 26th Sept and have not received an email letting us know which resort we are going to! Should we expect an email tomorrow? Anyone else have this issue?! How did they notify you? We tried to go to the reservation site and it couldn't find our reservation/confirmation number. Hope something has not gone wrong...tried calling but it was after hours!

Quote Originally Posted by Ynnek8 View Post
    Ok so- today (Wednesday) we have seven days until we check in. We booked Secret Rendezvous beginning Wednesday 26th Sept and have not received an email letting us know which resort we are going to! Should we expect an email tomorrow? Anyone else have this issue?! How did they notify you? We tried to go to the reservation site and it couldn't find our reservation/confirmation number. Hope something has not gone wrong...tried calling but it was after hours!
    Secret is out!! We are headed to CN!! See ya there on the 26th!

Omg, that's great! What room category?

Quote Originally Posted by madtown mom View Post
    Omg, that's great! What room category?
    Deluxe Garden, the lowest category, but I am ok with that. Cant beat the price, when we have paid over twice the price for the same category at CN! Can't wait! We will be there tomorrow!

We booked today for Oct. 16-22! So excited and couldn't care less which resort we get! We've been to CSA and CTI and both were fantastic. I was wary of this idea at first, but you can't go wrong staying with Couples, so we really are excited just to be able to go back at all. I have no doubt that whatever resort we land at that the service, food & accomodations will be great!

Jennlu, let us know where you end up, and wishing you a great holiday.

Thanks grayturtless! Our travel agent called this morning and said we got CTI! We are so excited to go back there, especially since we are bringing the parents this time and they might not have made it up and down the stairs at CSS. I hope nothing changes because we will have an easier time getting them oriented and comfortable since we already know where everything is at CTI. The agent confirmed this through GoGo travel, so I'm wondering about the possibility of it being changed for any reason?

Hey sr friends, we just booked for nov, and when they sent an email receipt it said cti. Was this the case for you and if so, is that where you ended up?

Madtown,

Wife and I did SR for Dec 2010. When we booked, our receipt came back with San Souci on it. On another message link people told me it didnt mean anything and that it could and probably would change, Low and Behold, we ended up going to San Souci! And it was the best trip we have ever taken.

Now we took advantage of the early booking deals with cheap rates and resort credits. Headed to CN Dec12 and back to San Souci May13. Only problem with that was having to wait 21 months and 26 months for the trips. Now to be down to 63 days is so exciting!

don't get me wrong, there's a huge part of me that was hoping for cti, i am just mildly disappointed that my receipt revealed that. i know it could change, and that would be fine too. I'm just a control freak so having a surprise destination was my way of "really letting go and living on the edge"
    time will tell if i do indeed get cti deluxe garden.