Default Your favorite room? CSS

I've booked a one bedroom ocean suite and wondering if anyone has a specific room that they really loved? I know we can't request in advance, but figure it couldn't hurt to come prepared with a few room #s in mind as stand-outs.

Or on the other hand, any rooms in this category to avoid? I read a review recently on another site where someone has a room in G Block (which I know most people love) and had a lot of issues with the room. Anything we should be aware of?

Thanks!

We like the one bedroom ocean suite too! Have not had any other but we love the location so much we don't want to change!
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

Avoid one bedroom ocean suites D11 and D9 if having an ocean view and big usable balcony is important to you. The rooms themselves are really nice, but the balcony is tiny with only two uncomfortable metal chairs and a little metal table. And there is no ocean view whatsoever. BUT.. .again, the rooms are pretty nice inside and the location in D block is convenient. Just know you won't be getting a view or relaxing balcony with these two rooms.

Those of us who have received these two rooms have expressed disappointment because this category is marketed as having beautiful ocean views and large balconies, which they do not. I'd like to see them downgrade these two rooms as a different category, it's misleading keeping them in the one bedroom ocean suite category.

We have also stayed in the Prime Minister Penthouse and it is PERFECT, the balcony is HUGE and private and has two big loungers as well as a table and chairs, all with pads and very comfortable and the view is breathtaking.
    This room also has two separate bathrooms.
    The Steve McQueen Penthouse is a very special room as well, but be aware the balcony is not private, it is open on one side,but has the big loungers and table/chairs. However the views are again breathtaking from this Penthouse.

We have not stayed in G Block, but we spent some time with friends in a room there on the top and it would be one of our favorites, next to the Prime Minister Suite.

That is our personal favorite room category! We have been to CSS with large groups seen all of the categories with the exception of the Hibiscus, and love for us the One Bedroom Ocean Suite with balcony. Our first year we were hoping for Block D or E, but got G4, we though oh no, longest walk blah blah blah, BUT we loved G block. Every room we saw seemed a bit different even within the same category, G4 had a huge bathroom, that others did not. We loved it. The next trip we were hoping for G again and got G10 small bath but the view was much better than G4, we loved it!!!! Be cautioned that not every single room in this category has the large balcony, that would be my one request I would be bummed if we got a room without it, we enjoy the balcony so much.

Enjoy CSS we love it there. We just returned from our first trip to Punta Cana, and it did not touch JA or Couples!

Marie

CN 06, 07
    CSS 08, 10
    CN 2013

Without a doubt - G 8, a one bedroom ocean suite. It has a large walk-in shower with the best water pressure we have ever had in a room anywhere! The balcony is wonderful, with an amazing view, a large table and 4 chairs, and a very comfortable padded double lounger. It is very private, as well. We loved to lay on the lounger at night and listen to the tree frogs. You cannot see the "busy" side of the resort from there, so in the morning, you have a beautiful view of the ocean and all kinds of trees and flowers. It's like being in your own little paradise retreat. We really enjoy having a cup of tea on the balcony in the morning before going down to breakfast. We also love it when Clive serenades us with his saxophone on the path below us, very romantic.
    (Karen&Paul)

LOVE D-14 (Steve McQueen) penthouse. Plenty of balcony space to hang out wetsuits to dry plus loved having two bathrooms and the HUGE shower
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Our favorite room was D7. It was on the end of the building so the verandah had two sides open - one overlooking the main beach, the other the ocean. The bathroom was huge with a walk-in shower and a bench (in the shower!). We also have been in G1. It had a very nice view of the ocean, but we were really missing being in D7! Both rooms are in the Deluxe Ocean Verandah Suite category.
    Hope this helps a little.
    Enjoy!!

Thanks everyone! Since we're book in a one-bedroom ocean front suite I don't think we'd be in a penthouse or the deluxe ocean verandah. I'm assuming we'll be in the class we booked. I'll definitely avoid the ones RubiGal04 mentioned in D Block, and I'll keep G4 and G8 in mind if they're available!

If there are any other recommendations for this room class, let me know!

Also, does anyone have photos of their one bedroom ocean front suite? Would love to see some pics of the room and balcony. Anything to get me through the next several months of waiting...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jane View Post
    Also, does anyone have photos of their one bedroom ocean front suite? Would love to see some pics of the room and balcony. Anything to get me through the next several months of waiting...!!!
    Sorry, I think i keep getting the name of the room wrong! I mean oceanview, not oceanfront!

We've been in G building twice and loved it both times. I believe last year we were in G4 which was on the first floor and it had a wonderful balcony but the ocean view was just slightly blocked by the elevator to the spa. Then this past year we were in G13 and it was on the 2nd floor and it was an amazing view that had nothing blocking it. We loved both rooms and highly recommend the G building even though it is one of the farthest from the beach.

Jane - here's a link to some pictures from our 3rd trip to CSS, when we were in G 8, a one bedroom ocean suite. There are pictures of the room, the balcony, and the view from the balcony.

http://www.kodakgallery.ca/ShareLand...localeid=en_CA
    (Karen&Paul)

We just returned Saturday from our 3rd trip to CSS. The first time we stayed in G13. Great room great view. The second trip was in B26 I believe and it was good also. Just a bit smaller but a lot more convenient to everything. This year we had a penthouse. D-27 which is the Harry Belefonte Suite. It had two rooms and 1.5 baths with both rooms opening up to the balconey and a view that will take your breath away. So far we have not had a bad room. We will be planning trip number 4 shortly.

First timer here, can we tour the different rooms in the resort when we get there and change to a room in a different block than one we have booked if we like it better. We are coming down for our wedding in December and we booked a beachfront suite but it sounds like a lot of people like the rooms on the cliffs a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by jane View Post
    Thanks everyone! Since we're book in a one-bedroom ocean front suite I don't think we'd be in a penthouse or the deluxe ocean verandah. I'm assuming we'll be in the class we booked. I'll definitely avoid the ones RubiGal04 mentioned in D Block, and I'll keep G4 and G8 in mind if they're available!

If there are any other recommendations for this room class, let me know!
    Actually in spite of G10 not having the large shower/bath, we preferred it over G4 because of the view.... honestly as long as you have the big balcony you will love it. Wine/Cocktails at night listening to the tree frogs, LOVE it! Coffee in the morning.