Default Couple of questions from a First-Timer

My partner and I will be adventuring at CTI in mid-June for his 40th birthday and my 43rd (we celebrate the same week). This trip is sort of a surprise for him - he knows we're going to Jamaica, but he has no idea WHERE we're going :-) After reading this board, I only wish I had booked more than 4 nights.

My only question (at the moment) is about the airport shuttle/bus. I understand that we're supposed to go to the Couples lounge when we arrive in Montego Bay. Does anyone know how long we have to wait for the bus? Also, does it make any stops along the way?

Thanks!
    Carey H.
    CTI June 18 - 22

We've never waited more than 20 minutes for the bus.
    It will sometimes make a bathroom break about 1/2 way to the resort but not laways....depends on the driver & the group on the bus.
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

The longest I think I have ever had to wait was like 20 minutes. Enough time to use the bathroom and get a Red Stripe or 2. Stopping along the way depends on if the people want to or not for the most part. If no one wants to stop it is usually direct. Even if it stops it is for a potty break and a chance to grab something more to drink or eat. Enjoy you will love it.

4 days will not be long enough!!!!!!

The shuttle runs as needed, we have only had to wait 10-15 minutes. Just long enough to use the restroom and drink a beer. The driver will ask if you want/need to stop for a bite to eat or bathroom break.

Re the shuttle - how long you wait all depends on how many other people on your plane are also going to CTI or CSS. When they have all arrived in the Couples Lounge, then you and your luggage will be loaded aboard a minibus and off you will go.The most we have ever waited was 20 minutes. The only place it will stop (unless you ask the driver to stop for a bathroom break) will be CSS, and then only if there are couples on your bus who are going there. CSS is just 5 minutes before CTI.

Normally, you do not have to wait too long at all for the shuttle to go to the resort. I think in the four tims we have gone the longest wait we had was about 15 minutes and yes the shuttle will stop about half way but I believe you have to ask the driver to stop if Iam remembering correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by socal View Post
    My partner and I will be adventuring at CTI in mid-June for his 40th birthday and my 43rd (we celebrate the same week). This trip is sort of a surprise for him - he knows we're going to Jamaica, but he has no idea WHERE we're going :-) After reading this board, I only wish I had booked more than 4 nights.

My only question (at the moment) is about the airport shuttle/bus. I understand that we're supposed to go to the Couples lounge when we arrive in Montego Bay. Does anyone know how long we have to wait for the bus? Also, does it make any stops along the way?

Thanks!
    Carey H.
    CTI June 18 - 22
    The wait isn't that long usually 15-30 minutes. We have never waited very long at all. The drivers will stop whenever you want or need to.

You go to the Couples Lounge after customs and immigration. There are several resort lounges before you exit the aiport...Couples will be to your left. You check in with the Couples staff and let them know which resort you're visiting. We've never waited more than fifteen minutes...usually just enough time to visit the restroom and grab a drink at the bar in the lounge. The bus driver will stop along the way for a potty break if the guests riding want to stop. ENJOY!!!
    Irie ,
    (Ladydia) Dianna

CTI 2006, CSA 2007, CN 2008, CN 2009, CN 2010 twice
    CN 2012, CSS 2012, CN 2013

Hi Carey...

My husband and I just got back from our trip to CTI May 2-9 and we felt like 7 nights wasn't enough

We waited in the lounge for less than 20 minutes before they said the bus to CTI was ready. Not a bad wait- there are restrooms, seating, and most importantly- red stripe and red stripe light. They serve the beer in tiny cups so I think we each had 3 or 4 before getting on the shuttle and 2 more (double fisting). The lounge is nice and comfortable, but not as fancy in appearance as Sandals' lounge next door.

The ride to CTI is beautiful and scenic, but 1 hour and 45 minutes (without stops). I think if everyone one the bus agrees they would like to stop, then the driver will. We got all but 5 minutes from the hotel and some of the women on board needed to use the restroom, so that turned our ride into 2 hours. I was so anxious to get there, I could have held it all day

Hope that helps! We had the trip of a lifetime and I hope we can return again. If you have any other quetions about CTI, let us know!

-caitlin

We were at Swept Away last week. We waited long enough in the lounge to drink one Red Stripe and order another one for the road Enjoy!

Have just return from Couples Negril. The hotel shuttle is lovely and its a great way of getting to know fellow travellers.
    We did not stop on the way to our hotel, and in their lovely Couples Lounge we got a beer and a water for me and were on the way within half an hour.......

When we arrived at our hotel we were greeted with a lovely glass of champaigne and lovely cool towel... Your holiday at Couples starts at the airport........We had an amazing holiday and are booking again now for November 2012. Regards........Eva

The couples staff are some of the best to ensure that your stay in nothing but spectacular. It all starts when you land at the airport (MBJ). The wait iis never very long and the have refreshments to make it a comfortable one!

Please also check the post regarding what to pack. Most of your days will be spent in casual/swimwear. don't over pack. especially with the baggage fees lol!

You are really going to enjoy it but also hate it because now once you have experienced it, you will count the days to be able to return to Couples after your stay is complete!

Please enjoy all your stay in Jamaica and Couples... The most important thing is to have fun!
    Jon & Heather
    May '05, Feb '11 - CSS

Making arrangements for February 2012!

We are making our 6/7th trip this dec and hardly had time to change when we get to the lounge. We are coming from cold weather to warm and are usually dressed to warm for Jamaica. We are lucky to get a drink before we are taken to the shuttle for the airport. As for the stops, it depends on the driver, but if you need to stop and let the driver know, I am sure they will stop. Have a wonderful trip and happy birthday to both of you. My husband will be celebrating his 60th birthday while we are there this yr. He is lucky, he has celebrated the last 5 birthdays' in Jamaica.

I think the Couples "lounge" is a misnomer. You don't get to "lounge" around there at all. We usually get our first Red Stripe, go to the bathroom, and the next thing you know, they are calling your name to get on the bus. But that's fine, it gets you to the resort all the quicker!!!