Hybrid View

Default Now I've Heard Everything

We just returned from Swept Away on Saturday. Great time! My review will come shortly. But I had to share this incident!!!!

We were sitting on our Beachfront Verandah when a woman walked up and asked if we liked our room. We told her we loved where we were. She then began a tirade about her Beachfront room across from where the weddings take place. She was "sick and tired of watching all these freakin weddings parade in front of my room!!!" She was also very upset that during one of the ceremonies it started to shower and some of the guests ran up onto her verandah. Wow!!!!! Guess she chose the wrong resort! I was stunned at her attitude. We love watching all the weddings, so romantic!

When we were checking out she was giving the Front Office a hard time and asking to have our room! She also complained that Security had removed her IPod Docking station from the Verandah in the middle of the night! I would've been so grateful that Security was taking care of my property.

I guess it takes all kinds! I don't think she would've been happy at the Ritz! Sure hope that's her last visit to a Couples Resort!

Always surprised at the attitudes of some people. It is like they walk through the door expecting everyone else to make them happy, some of it comes from within. Sure you can have a nice room and nice people working there but it also takes a good attitude to have a good time.
    When we were at CSA my favorite beach spot was close to the weddings. This was also close to our room and if I happened to be in the room at the time one started I would go on the balcony to watch. I do love weddings though. I was always happy when a wedding started so I could watch and see all the happy faces and pretty dresses.

On the other hand, everyone enjoys their vacations differently. While you may enjoy watching weddings outside your room, she might enjoy a more peaceful private environment without people mulling around or on their verandah throughout their vacation. I don't think it's fair to judge or disregard her concerns. To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by jamaican_junkie View Post
    On the other hand, everyone enjoys their vacations differently. While you may enjoy watching weddings outside your room, she might enjoy a more peaceful private environment without people mulling around or on their verandah throughout their vacation. I don't think it's fair to judge or disregard her concerns. To each their own.
    I agree and would not care for the location it if affected my privacy, which is one of the things I most look forward to at CSA.

If she was truly nasty about it, that was unnecessary but I do not disregard her concerns.

Wow, maybe their friends with the guy who complained about the ocean being to salty. We love to sit by the wedding gazebo to see the weddings. Oh well more room for the rest of us.

I love watching the weddings too.WOW!

I can sort of understand her point about people running up onto her verandah. They feel like part of the room to me so it could be a little awkward if there were a bunch of people right there all of a sudden. I sure wouldn't be that mad about it though.

I wouldn't mind one wedding or so in the time I'm there, but I hear at CSA weedings are quite frequent. Perhaps she needs to chose a different resort.

wow some people just like to complain and are so self centered they think the world revolves around them. You're going to see weddings on the beach if that's where your your room is, just like if you're on the ground floor people will be walking by. Why are you sitting in your room anyway. One time it rained and the wedding party tried to escape by running to the closest shelter and you complain, how selfish...think of the poor bride and groome that just had their vows rained on.

I'm with you Melody... I'm not sure I'd like my private verandah invaded when I was enjoying my relaxing time there. It's not a public area, it's my verandah. I too enjoy quietly watching loving couples get married if they are happening within view of our verandah.

If you want privacy don't ask for ground floor, I never do.

Quote Originally Posted by zaraforty View Post
    If you want privacy don't ask for ground floor, I never do.
    Bingo! We NEVER get the ground floor.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

I sympathize with the lady who was upset. We have noticed over the years, the move to more weddings and bigger groups with singles. If Couples is going to advertise "Tranquil Days, Intimiate Nights, Romance Always" people are going to expect as much. The last time we were at CN there was a huge, very rowdy group and it really took away from the quiet, for two, time we had hoped for. I never think it is ok to unload on the staff as they have no control over how guests act, but I can see being unhappy after the cost of the beachfront room. I agree ask for an upper room, but they are really cracking down on room requests. I wish Couples would pick an identity of for two or destination weddings and go with that.

I don't think it's too much, or rude to be upset about people coming onto your verandah to escape the rain. Maybe a little much to complain about it to the other guests, but for the money you are paying I think it's okay to expect privacy even if that means you'd prefer to walk straight off your verandah and onto the beach from a ground level room.

What's kind of funny though is that she was complaining about people running up to her verandah and she walked up to you on yours :P