Default Loved Sans Souci - what about Negril?

We loved, loved, loved sans souci. My husband does not want to go to any of the others - I'm trying to get him to keep an open mind. We loved the small feel of Sans - everything was close - and finding a spot to just "be" was never a problem. Seats, floats, loungers, and tables were never a problem to find in March. I really would love to see the Negril part of Jamaica without losing the small feeling at the resort. Now - Negril or Swept Away? Any opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by KAL3876 View Post
    We loved, loved, loved sans souci. My husband does not want to go to any of the others - I'm trying to get him to keep an open mind. We loved the small feel of Sans - everything was close - and finding a spot to just "be" was never a problem. Seats, floats, loungers, and tables were never a problem to find in March. I really would love to see the Negril part of Jamaica without losing the small feeling at the resort. Now - Negril or Swept Away? Any opinions?
    Kal3876,

We loved CN went in 06, 07 then I convinced a group of friends (CN loyalists) to try CSS in 08, several of them returned to CSS in 09, we all returned in 10, some of them are still going back, but a few of us are returning to CN in 13. I have visited all 4 and these 2 are our personal fav's. If you want the smaller feeling CN is it. CSA is much more spread out with part of the resort across the street. Can always do a trade day!

Good luck!

Marie

CN 06, 07
    CSS 08, 10
    CN 2013

we have gone to CN and enjoyed it but deep down inside we wished we were at CSS again. There wasnt anything wrong with CN, food was fab, room was comfy and beach was fantastic! Service was outstanding, staff was amazing! and the grounds were beautiful. But we left our hearts at CSS. Whatever choice you make, enjoy!

If you prefer small, you definitely want CN. We also love CSS but CN is our 2nd choice. We go back and forth between the 2 resorts. You really can't compare the layout of the 2 resorts. They are totally different. But you can't beat the beach at CN and the Cat Cruise is a blast. The food is also very good at CN. We enjoy the change of scenery each year and look forward to experiencing what each resort has to offer. Our first trip to Couples was to CTI about 11 years ago. When my husband wanted to go back, I said OK as long as we tried Negril. I heard the beaches were fabulous and I wanted to see something different. Then after that, Couples purchased CSS and when I saw the brochure and saw how beautiful it was, I said let's try that one. Now CSS and CN are our favorites. I can't imagine you not loving CN. We have now been to Couples 8 times and are booked for next year. Go for it and experience something new.

I have never been to CSS but have been to CTI and CN.....I really prefer Negril for the beach. I'm not a pool person and the beach and the water are incredible....much better than Ochos Rios. I think CN is small enough that you wouldn't feel "lost."

Looks like you and I are in the same boat! I'm thinking possibly a split to appease us both. We both really liked the "feel" of CSS. The friendliness of staff but also the other guests. There was always fun or quiet to be had no matter what our preference was at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by KAL3876 View Post
    Your description of what you love about Sans Souci is precisely why we love Couples Negril. Everything is centralized...restaurants, pool, bars etc. The resort has a small boutique feel to it and the beach is beautiful. We've never had a problem finding floats, tables or an intimate hammock to relax in. There's 4 restaurants at night and only one is reservations only. We've visted Couples Negril 5 times and just recently booked a trip to Couples Sans Souci this fall. I keep reading the message board hoping that we'll love it just as much as we love Couples Negril.

We've visted Couples Swept Away once...it is also a beautiful resort. Swept Away is a larger resort, more spread out. We just preferred the more boutique feel of Couples Negril.
    Irie ,
    (Ladydia) Dianna

CTI 2006, CSA 2007, CN 2008, CN 2009, CN 2010 twice
    CN 2012, CSS 2012, CN 2013

We were San Souci-holics until we went to CN this past March for the first time. CN is not as small as CSS but we just loved it. Never a problem to get floaties or loungers by the pool or on the beach anytime during the day. Although it is a bit larger in room numbers than CSS, we never felt crowded anywhere. Tables, drinks, and places to just be alone with your sweetie were never a problem. My wife and I have decided its CN for us the next time...the sooner the better.

We are heading to CSS for the third time next April. We have been to CSA once and CN 3 times. For us it's a coin toss between CN & CSS. Our first Couples experience was CN so it has that "special" place in our hearts much like CSS has for you and your husband I'm sure.
    We were convinced that we would never stray from CN until friends of ours convinced us to go to CSS with them back in '08. We were reluctant but they had been there before and convinced us to "open our minds" and try it. We fell in love with CSS so much that we returned the next year.
    Our last 2 trips were to CN & CSA so we're due for a return to CSS.
    CN, IMO, has the same intimate feel that CSS has only with a more incredible beach & pool. The sunsets on the Negril side are second to none and, unless you have a second or third floor room, no stairs to deal with (except up to the main lobby & shops)..
    CSA for us lacked the intimate feeling and just seemed too big to us. It just wasn't the right feel for us but it is very popular with many. The beach at CSA is also incredble and the option of walking down to check out the bars, souvenir stands etc. is a nice option for a day.
    CSA is double the size of CSS & CN so if an intimate resort is what you're after, I would check out CN. You can also do the trading places as a repeater and go check out CSA.
    I think you will be very happy you chose to check out the Negril side of beautiful Jamaica. Then, on future trips, you may want to bounce back and forth like we do. Have a great trip!
    Last edited by rjammin; May 25th, 2012 at 12:37 PM.

Thanks for all the advice. I still have no idea what we will decide - but I'm pretty confident either will be great.

CN is my fave!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

if u like the beach and ocean and sunsets, negril is hard to beat

If you want "close knit" resort on the Negril side then go with CN. It's smaller than CSA and everything is centered around the main pool area. CSA has a more spread out feel to it.

We have only been to Couples Negril. Will be going to CSS in April 2013 with the "April Fools" group. Can't wait!

We have always gone to CN. My husband is the same way, doesn't want to visit any of the other resorts. We also love how small CN is and the beach is to die for. Depending on what time of yr you go, the sunsets are too. I don't think your husband will be dissapointed if you go to CN. We love Negril, but we love the beach. Have a wonderful trip wherever you go.

We went through the same decision making and choose CN. We are first timers for Couples and will be celebrating our 35th. anniversary. Will be there June 1-10. Can't wait!!