Default Mojitos at cti.......please!!!

My hubby and I love everything about CTI, in fact we are retuning for our 2nd trip this year in Sept. My only wish is that I could get some mojitos while we are there. I have been told that the bars do not stock mint? I know mojitos are not an easy drink to make......but I promise not too drink toooooo many.....pleeeeease.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jasnstac1 View Post
    My hubby and I love everything about CTI, in fact we are retuning for our 2nd trip this year in Sept. My only wish is that I could get some mojitos while we are there. I have been told that the bars do not stock mint? I know mojitos are not an easy drink to make......but I promise not too drink toooooo many.....pleeeeease.....
    I second this pleeeeaaaa! Mojitos are such a refreshing hot weather drink. I make them at home with Appleton Genesis ~ YUMMM!! They do take time to make so a lot of bars don't offer them. But it can't hurt to BEG!

They do sometimes have them nights the rooftop bar is open.
    But with so many new drink choices, try something new.
    Mi love fi binaked inna Jamaica
    (Patois for: I Love To Be Naked in Jamaica / At the island or SSB Mon!)

It's the mint they don't keep stocked. I don't drink mojitos and I am sure it wouldn't be close, but Crystal Light makes a mocktail mojito powdered drink mix.
    Vicky

The same thing happened to us at CSA. I can't understand how such a simple ingredient make having your favorite drink on vacation impossible. Let's start a "please buy or grow some mint for all of the bars at all four Couples!

Didn't I read somewhere that they are growing mint in the herb gardens at CSA? I thought one of the reasons was for making mohitos more available at the resorts, in addition to other uses of course.

Grrr I now, at CSA they only serve it one night usually, that would be salsa night at the Aura Lounge, I think its salsa night, anyhoo, I love them and especially Cherry Mojitos mmmmmmm!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by timandlisa View Post
    Grrr I now, at CSA they only serve it one night usually, that would be salsa night at the Aura Lounge, I think its salsa night, anyhoo, I love them and especially Cherry Mojitos mmmmmmm!!!!
    We had many mojitos at the martini bar at CSA.....very good.

We were in CSS in March and I must have used all the mint for my mojitos...sorry!!!

Just another quick shout out for my mojitos please.

Is it leagal to bring your own mint. I have tons of it.

I need to write more. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work and for the inspiration. I'm a huge fan and this one is my favorite to date. Love it!
    Need to see the Louis Vuitton bags on sale news? arrived at my blog cheap Louis Vuitton handbags.

Quote Originally Posted by worldtex View Post
    Is it leagal to bring your own mint. I have tons of it.
    We have friends who put it in a zip lock bag in their checked luggage.
    Vicky

Default Mint on the Island at CTI

I bring a big bag of fresh mint in a zip lock bag and have for the past few years. @ Vicki I have the crystal light mojito mix packed in my suitcase. Damion and Terry will make an awesome mojito for you if you are out there the same time as Chris and I!!!! Can't wait to get to CTI!

Default While I love a mojito as much as most of you do.....

Quote Originally Posted by barbgentile View Post
    I bring a big bag of fresh mint in a zip lock bag and have for the past few years. @ Vicki I have the crystal light mojito mix packed in my suitcase. Damion and Terry will make an awesome mojito for you if you are out there the same time as Chris and I!!!! Can't wait to get to CTI!

The one I had at CSA for dinner one evening was so so. Let's be realistic. Mint loves a cool moist climate.... Jamaica is a HOT moist climate. I imagine it's tough to just plant some in a garden and allow it to grow without issue in a climate that's a year round in the high 80s.

One wonderful substitute....if Couples stocks any at their bar...is a Caipirinha, made with Cachaca basically a Brazilian Rum (fermented sugar cane juice). Lime, Cachaca, sugar...bang! Caipirinha!

Nice and light, and wonderfully refreshing.

Here's to hoping they may have a bottle, or maybe I might have to find one on the way to the resort.

Enjoy and Safe Travels!

CSA had them two years ago. Hope they still do... Well at least in October

Quote Originally Posted by KCKev View Post
    The one I had at CSA for dinner one evening was so so. Let's be realistic. Mint loves a cool moist climate.... Jamaica is a HOT moist climate. I imagine it's tough to just plant some in a garden and allow it to grow without issue in a climate that's a year round in the high 80s.

One wonderful substitute....if Couples stocks any at their bar...is a Caipirinha, made with Cachaca basically a Brazilian Rum (fermented sugar cane juice). Lime, Cachaca, sugar...bang! Caipirinha!

Nice and light, and wonderfully refreshing.

Here's to hoping they may have a bottle, or maybe I might have to find one on the way to the resort.

Enjoy and Safe Travels!
    My favorite drink!!!!! We did have them with regular rum in Punta Cana. That will do in a pinch. Just takes some limes...