Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Private Island Wedding anyone?

Couples Resorts

Love it!

This may not go over well, but from and Islander: Boooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by SurfCat View Post
    This may not go over well, but from and Islander: Boooooooo!

Why? The fine print says the weddings have to take place after 5pm which I thought was when you had to leave anyway if you were enjoying the island as a regular guest. I could be completely wrong as we haven't been to CTI yet but I was under the impression that they brought you back from the island at 5pm.

well the money she saves on the dress should cover a nice chunk of the stay ..

Also from an Islander...SORRY but DOUBLE Boooo!
    And to answer your question, the island gets closed early to set up for the wedding.
    So many romatic places at CTI, the island is not needed for weddings.
    Mi love fi binaked inna Jamaica
    (Patois for: I Love To Be Naked in Jamaica / At the island or SSB Mon!)

They close the Island at 3:00 for weddings. The Island is a major reason that we return to CTI, and I like to spend every minute that I can out there.

Quote Originally Posted by JamAmericans View Post
    Also from an Islander...SORRY but DOUBLE Boooo!
    And to answer your question, the island gets closed early to set up for the wedding.
    So many romatic places at CTI, the island is not needed for weddings.

The island may close early but they also open up early! So there is no time lost. If someone can afford to have their wedding on the island, why not? It's beautiful and it's their day, I think too many people forget what it was like on their wedding day.
    Dianavr

Correct me if I'm wrong crabracer but didn't they extend the hours in the AM the day of my island wedding to make up for the early closing?

Steve

Certainly its the wedding couple's day, and certainly the resort can do whatever they feel is best for their business in that regard. However as I posted above, the Island is a major draw for me, and should 3:00 closings of the Island become the norm, I'll simply vacation elsewhere.

Surfcat dianavr may have confirmed my thoughts, if they extend the hours earlier and no time is lost what is the complaint?

Just curious
    Thanks
    Steve

That sounded really pissy, and I didn't mean for it to. Sorry, and no disrespect intended for those who take advantage of the Island weddings.

It's been said it opens early but does it always happen? Not while we were there. Originally going to close for set up at 4, but now it's 3.

Randymon, Thank-you so much for putting towels on the chairs for us Islanders. Very Hygienic!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandi and Steve View Post
    Surfcat dianavr may have confirmed my thoughts, if they extend the hours earlier and no time is lost what is the complaint?

Just curious
    Thanks
    Steve
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I have no desire to get out there at the crack of dawn. The earliest that I usually get out there is around 10 or 11.

Taking your train of thought a step further, why don't they have the weddings at 8 or 9 in the morning and let us stay a couple of hours later. I'd be all for that.

They also had a contential breakfast delivered to the island because they opened up early, I believe it was 7:00 AM to make up for closing at 3:00 PM. No time lost!
    Dianavr

I think that is a pretty good price for all you get with the wedding package. If they open the island early and close early then it seems like it would work out for everyone. The wedding pictures would be awesome.

As has been said the island usually does not open early on those days. And also as has been said, even if it did who wants to get up real early, you are on vacation.
    We love watching the weddings, but they should not impact other guests.
    And as you can tell, islanders are very, very protective of the island. The resort is just full of so many special places to have a wedding, a place where it impacts one of the main reasons many of us travel to CTI, simply does not have to be one of them.
    Couples really need to be carefull on this. The island is a major reason so many of us return.
    Mi love fi binaked inna Jamaica
    (Patois for: I Love To Be Naked in Jamaica / At the island or SSB Mon!)

The pictures were really pretty anyone that would be interested in seeing them feel free to emailing me at sapapania@yahoo.com. We got our own photographer and flew in a band.

I would mind the wedding in the morning but the island package is 6 hours. I don't see how this would work. Island weddings are also only on Saturdays if it's booked. I believe they do this so not to take a lot away from the Islanders. (my wife and I being one of them)

Thanks
    Steve

I'm sorry guys but the people that are complaining in my opinion are not being understanding. If there were weddings there everyday I would understand but being they are expensive not that many people have their weddings on the island. We go for 2 weeks every year and I have only seen 2 weddings on the island since they started it. Again, think about when you were married if you had the opportunity & money to get married & have your reception on the island you may not admit it now but I bet you would have your wedding there! Give the couples some slack, they want their wedding day to be beautiful and where else is there more beautiful than on the island at CTI.
    Dianavr

On the "upside" of island weddings, we got a new boat to take us back and forth to the island. PLUS, with the new boat, there are fewer island closings due to wind as if they close the island for the islanders, they can't have private dinners, $$$ or weddings $$$$. So fewer closures. And yes, the weddings are on Saturdays only.
    Vicky

I got married on the beach at CTI and it was perfect.
    I visited the island and thought it was very nice, but honestly more appropriate for it's primary purpose.
    There are numerous equally beautiful spots at CTI to have a wedding ceremony.

(Just Joking of course!)--Part of me secretly says...'I got married on a nudie island!' Ummm.....No thanks.
    Weddingmoon @ CTI August 2011
    Planning our return Home!

If they do only have Island weddings on Saturday, that makes it somewhat more palatable.

However, I will be arriveing at around 3:00 on June 28th. We usually head straight for the Island upon arrival as a few of our freinds generally arrive a few days before we do and will already be out there.

As my luck usually goes, I would bet just about any amount of money that as we head down the pier to catch the boat to the Island, I will be told that we're too late to get to the Island as they are closing early for a wedding. To me, that won't be just a couple of hours, it will amount to a whole day.

Vickij, I do like that way that you always look on the bright side of things, and I'll try to be better in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfCat View Post
    If they do only have Island weddings on Saturday, that makes it somewhat more palatable.

However, I will be arriveing at around 3:00 on June 28th. We usually head straight for the Island upon arrival as a few of our freinds generally arrive a few days before we do and will already be out there.

As my luck usually goes, I would bet just about any amount of money that as we head down the pier to catch the boat to the Island, I will be told that we're too late to get to the Island as they are closing early for a wedding. To me, that won't be just a couple of hours, it will amount to a whole day.

Vickij, I do like that way that you always look on the bright side of things, and I'll try to be better in that regard.
    Surfcat, Thank you. We will see you on the 30th, which is a Saturday. Last year when we arrived, there was a wedding and the island closed at 2, just as we arrived. They were not taking anymore people out, but did not kick out those that were there. Our friends held their "ground" and didn't leave until the last minute. But they were setting up for the event. Actually, it wasn't even a wedding, it was just the reception.
    Vicky

Vicki, I said the 28th, I meant the 30th. I'm getting ahead of myself. We are scheduled to get in at 11:44 on the 30th. Can't wait to meet yall.

Anyway, if that happens to us, I may cry.

See you three weeks from this Saturday.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast