Thread: Weighty Matters

Default Weighty Matters

Ok so most of us try to lose weight before vacation. Especially when thinking of going au natural. Then we go to an all-inclusive food and alcohol fest. Here are my questions......

1. How much do/did you lose before going on vacation at Couples?

2. How much did you gain while on vacation in how many days?

3. How long until you were back to pre-vacation weight?

My responses:
    1. 25lbs
    2. 7lbs in 7 days
    3. 14 days back to pre-vacation weight

Thank you MyFitnessPal phone app!

OMG! I was just thinking to myself, this is the first time I didn't stress about this! I use to go crazy trying to drop 10 or 15 pounds before going. I say stay active no matter a vaca is on the way or not and be soooooo grateful to be going to Couples May 24th woooohoooo

I dont know how much I lost before vacation but I gained a ton of weight last time we went to CTI in 2010. All I did was eat, drink, and relax! I am going to watch myself this year, I plan on maybe running a little bit or walking in the mornings to try to not gain so much weight. The only problem is that CTI's chefs are amazing and always have great food!!!

Lost 30 lbs before last years trip in August. Gained 10 in 7 days. Still haven't lost it .... just can't get it started again ...
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

1. I don't worry about it, it is what it is!
    2. 8 pounds in 10 days
    3. Usually 3 to 4 weeks.
    4. Repeat as needed.

That is what I like about CSS.. Lot's of stairs to climb each day so I get a workout without working out!!!! My wife and I would walk the beautiful property a couple times a day, and with all the stairs, we managed not to gain any weight over the 7 days even though we ate and drank everything in sight!!!

1. usually try to lose around 10 lbs.
    2. also, gain about 10 lbs. in 10 days
    3. maybe 3-4 weeks, but sometimes don't get motivated until planning the next trip!

We are definitely going to try to do better this time. We are very active at home and eat healthy, so, between all the good food, drinks, and relaxation (i.e. doing absolutely nothing!), it's very easy to gain in no time. But, that's what vacations are for, right?
    CSA has such an awesome fitness center. I always say I'm going to do the a.m. classes, and this time I'm definitely going to try them! And take more advantage of the juice bar there...

I am so weird. I actually lose a couple pounds when I go to CSA.
    Even though I'm eating more I'm alot more active on vacation. Lots of loing beach walks.
    No sitting in from of tv and eating potatoe chips every night. LOL

1. Don't worry about it, it is what it is and I'm healthy. Also, on the a/n it doesn't matter what size you are and that's one of the best parts!

2. the most was 5 pounds and had to wear stretchy pants home--in my defense, I was on steroids that trip for health reasons. The least was last year and it was 3 pounds with doing Alford's Power Walk three times and walking on the treadmill in the gym when he wasn't there for the Power Walk.
    3. I still haven't lost the 5 pounds from the steroids, but off the steroids and healthy. That's what matters.
    Vicky

I'm not sure how much I gained in 2010 while @ CN, my guess is 5 - 6 pounds. I have lost 22 pounds since then. We are returing to CN Aug. 31st for 10 nights.

My plan is to drop at least 8 pounds before I go, so I don't have to worry so much about what I eat or drink, I want to enjoy myself and "no Worries mon"!!!

I have read a few posts where people have gaind 11 pounds and up...that I shall not do!!

Enjoy!!!

I have battled my weight since I got out of the Army some 35 years ago. I am please to say that this year, for our sixth trip to CSA, I am at my lightest since I got married 32 years ago. We have been on a disciplined program of changing our eating habits and exercising three to four times a week. Last year before we left for CSA I was at 215 lbs., this year I am currently at about 197 and hoping to get to 195 in another couple weeks before we leave. My heaviest was between 225 and 230 a few years ago. Now approaching 60 I am hoping to keep myself under 200 for the long term future.

1. I have lost 22 lbs and plan on keeping it off however, on the an island or ssb beach no one will care what your weight is.
    2, We went last year and gained 8 lbs in 11 nights
    3. it took me 2 months to lose the 8 lbs and then I just kept going with it.
    4. I plan on loosing another 10 lbs before we get there in July.
    The one thing I will not do in the mornings is have the bread basket delivered to our room with coffee. I will chose the fruit just because it is lower calories and very fresh ( picked daily)