Default Bring Wedding bands?

My girlfriend and I are getting married at CSS on December 6th (just the two of us). I have never wore a ring, and I have read several threads of people loosing their wedding bands/engagement rings on the resort. Would it be acceptable to either bring or buy in Jamaica fake rings for the ceremony? Also, this is a very stupid question........but is it a legal requirement that rings need to be exchanged at the actual wedding ceremony? Thanks for any information.

Ingo

We took our wedding rings for our vow renewal for our 30th wedding anniversary. We wanted to have new rings so we took them but made sure that they were insured before leaving. I dont think it would matter if you brought inexpensive rings to use out of the country. I know people that do that alot. My thinking is it would be up to you and your finace and how important it is to you to have the actual rings in your photos. For alot of people that is not something they would want in their pictures. I really dont know if they require you to have rings or not. My guess is they will want you to exchange rings so either bring the real ones or some stand ins for just in case.
    Scott & Becca
    Houston
    Caffreys Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    My girlfriend and I are getting married at CSS on December 6th (just the two of us). I have never wore a ring, and I have read several threads of people loosing their wedding bands/engagement rings on the resort. Would it be acceptable to either bring or buy in Jamaica fake rings for the ceremony? Also, this is a very stupid question........but is it a legal requirement that rings need to be exchanged at the actual wedding ceremony? Thanks for any information.

Ingo
    We brought ours..and kept them in the safe most of the time. We wore them to dinner and all day when we got married, and to/from the resort, but that's about it. We were both nervous about wearing them in the ocean & out on excursions, even though they fit very snug. I thought about getting fake rings, but then all of our pictures would have fake rings in them..but if that doesn't bother you, you could always use fake ones. I'm not sure if it is a legal requirement, I'm sure they would accommodate what you guys want in the ceremony.

We brought our bands and still do every trip. Now we take them off for the beach and put them on at night.
    Some people bring fake rings when traveling but I don't find it nessecary . Not sure but I think you need some sort of ring for the ceremony. Congrats css is gorgeous!