Hybrid View

Default Another Newbie Here

Hi Everyone,

I'm Holly and I'm planning a honeymoon for August 2010. We're looking into booking CTI in the next month or so, doing the Fall in Love Again deal. This will be our first vacation as a couple and we're sooo looking forward to it! The main concern we have though, is the weather in August. My fiance is convinced that we'll be caught in rain or hurricanes the entire time. I'm trying to tell him not to worry and that if it does rain while we're there, it will be brief and warm!
    Can anyone shed a little light on Ocho Rios weather that time of year? A friend of mine just got back from Negril, and based on her pics, she had great weather the whole time. I do check the weather network from time and time, and it usually seems as the Negril and Ocho Rios weather are similar. Anyway looking forward to being part of this community!

Welcome to Couples

Ocho Rio is on the north side of the island, when a storm does come in it normally blows out within a hour. In Negril the storms can get stuck and stick around longer.

You will love CTI.
    Irie Mon

We were at CSS last week, and we did get rain. It rained one morning for 15 minutes beginning at 6 am, and it rained another morning for about 30 minutes beginning at 4 am. The rest of the time, the weather was perfect: warm and sunny and not overcast at all.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

You can never predict weather on any vacation, but do realize that you are talking about the middle of hurricane season, there is always a chance, you may want to review Couples hurricane policy.

Holly ~ I hate to tell you, but the FILA deal ended on August 31.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

That is true, but they've put a new 50% off deal in it's place; effective until end of October