Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default CSA - "Premier Beachfront Suite"

Ok - so I went online today to book our Beachfront Verandah Suite for our honeymoon, and randomly a new room category popped up = the "Premier Beachfront Suite". What are the perks that make this suite "premier"? I'm assuming it's location? Is it worth the extra money? Thoughts please?

Thanks!

Great question to ask! Ranymon, this ones for you I guess! What IS the difference? Unless you built new beachfron suites in the last 5 months they would be the same as the old beachfronts as in the past no? Please elaborate on the differnces if any! There is a slight difference in price :-)

We'd like to see the answer to this question, too. We've booked a Beachfront Suite for February 2013 and have stayed in one 4 times before. We thought we knew the category we were booking, and now I'm not so sure.

Never heard that before.

I am VERY CURIOUS about this category too! We have always booked a" Beachfront Suite" ( the OLD section, with NO TV) & didn't know anything about this new category until your thread. There are a limited number of the Beachfront Suites that have the large wrap around balconies. IF in fact, management has made those suites as their "Premier" Beachfront Category, I would certainly HOPE that those of us who have already booked a Beachfront Suite will get the FIRST OPTION of changing to this category, again, IF that is what this new category is all about. I hope management will let us know about this quickly!!! When I clicked on the tour, it showed the Beachfront Verandah Room. So this is really news to me! THX for posting this! Cindy

Greetings:

At CSA there are a total of 20 "Beachfront Suites". Of the 20, there are 8 with very large "wrap-around" balconies. This is really the only difference, however, many of our repeat guests are aware of the larger balconies and request to be accommodated in these suites upon arrival. As there are only 8, it is often the case that these are occupied.

To avoid disappointment and to ensure that those who prefer these larger balconies are accommodated accordingly, we have elected to create another category named "Premier Beachfront Suite".

We know from experience that the volume of specific requests for these suites will justify our decision to split up the Beachfront Suite category. So now there are 12 Beachfront Suites and 8 Premier Beachfront Suites.

Couples Resorts

Default Clarification

We are booked for October 2012. When does the new catagory take effect? I booked with the assumption like others have that upon arrival, if a unit with the wrap arround porch was avialable we could request it at that time at no extra charge. Should people who are booked for 2012 be calling ahead to change their room catagory? Randymom, please clarify. Since we perfer that unit style, I like the new catagory.
    Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Greetings:

At CSA there are a total of 20 "Beachfront Suites". Of the 20, there are 8 with very large "wrap-around" balconies. This is really the only difference, however, many of our repeat guests are aware of the larger balconies and request to be accommodated in these suites upon arrival. As there are only 8, it is often the case that these are occupied.

To avoid disappointment and to ensure that those who prefer these larger balconies are accommodated accordingly, we have elected to create another category named "Premier Beachfront Suite".

We know from experience that the volume of specific requests for these suites will justify our decision to split up the Beachfront Suite category. So now there are 12 Beachfront Suites and 8 Premier Beachfront Suites.

ok, now with that said, and thank you for clarifying, if we have already booked (which we have for Dec 2012 beachfront suite) does that mean we have no chance of getting one of those select "8" of which prior to now were available at no "extra" cost? We always were pleased with wherever we were placed and hopefully will not be dissapointed in 2012.
    Last edited by blondie56; May 31st, 2012 at 09:49 PM. Reason: changing date

Are the upstairs suites in the same building "Premier" as well or just the downstairs suites?
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Good Idea Randymon.... We like it a lot...

Hi! But what if we've already booked a room with our travel agent and as he quoted "we payed for the best room available in his opinion", a beachfront oceanview veranda suite? It's our first trip there, and for our 25 wedding anniversary! I so hope we aren't going to be disapointed!! Thanks.

Are there premier beachfront verandah suites as well now?

Randy,

This past April, we booked a "Beachfront Suite" for our trip home next February. At the time of booking there was only one BF Suite category available. Which did we book?

Sue and Bill, NH

Greetings to all:

First to those already booked: You paid for a Beachfront Suite. If you want to be guaranteed one of the larger wrap-around balconies, you will need to either call us or have your travel agent call and pay the nightly difference between what you paid and the new "Premier Beachfront Suite" category.

If you decide NOT to pay for this category, then you may be disappointed upon arrival. We cannot guarantee availability of these 8 Premier Beachfront Suites, particularly from December - April, our peak season.

CouplesVirgin2012: There are no Premier Beachfront Verandah Suites

Vee: good question and I have asked CSA to advise. I will post upon receipt of their answer.

Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by Vee View Post
    Are the upstairs suites in the same building "Premier" as well or just the downstairs suites?
    Good question. We like the upstairs suites better and some of these are in the same buildings as the large single rooms.

Life is good

I just called - you need to call the 1-800 Couples number. I was told that the pricing will not be available until June 1st and they cannot change your reservation until June 1 or after. Just to let everyone know.

Well, I"m glad I checked the message board yesterday. I wasn't going to book our 2013 trip yet, but after seeing the new premier beachfront category, I couldn't resist booking one of those. We're Atrium lovers but were upgraded once to one of those awesome beachfronts. Loved it!
    Vee,~I"m pretty sure the second floor is also included in the new category. The description says 1st or 2nd floor and if I"m remembering correctly there aren't 8 first floor rooms with the wraparound porches. I'll be keeping my eyes open for Randy to verify this since I prefer the second floor.

Randymon,

Great idea. I always said that I would rather pay a few bucks more to be assured that we could get the type of room we want. See you in June 13.
    GREANJAC

Is the video of the beachfront suit on the accomodations website a video of a regular beach front suite, or a premier beachfront suite? It appears to have a large wrap around balcony. If this is a premier BFS, is it possible to see what the regular BFS looks like in order to decide if we want to upgrade? We booked a BFS for our June 2013 wedding and was anticipating the room looking like the room on accomodations website video.

I suggested this a long time ago. Glad to hear it. I think I thought to call them premium and deluxe(the larger balanconies) beachfronts suites.

So we booked in nov, 2011 for a july BFS and now your telling us we have to pay more? There just seems like this should first start after the first of the year.You also dont say how much more the premier rooms are compared to non.

To answer Vee:

Yes, there are four ground floor Premier Beachfront Suites located directly below four 2nd floor Premier Beachfront Suites.

Mshell: remember that due to daily arrivals and departures, we cannot guarantee room numbers, floors or buildings in advance.

Gunner262 - you paid for one of the 12 Beachfront Suites. Yes, if you want to be guaranteed a Premier Beachfront Suite, you will need to pay the higher rate.

BTW - Premier Beachfront Suite rates will be published on June 5.

Couples Resorts

I'm surprised it took Couples this long to figure out the pricing....we have LOVED this room category when we've been housed there, and would certainly book this again (finances permitting)....I'm a little surprised, though, that the 2nd floor is also considered "premier," as that has a smaller porch and just seems a little less "special" imo....

Thanks for verifying the locations Randy. And yes, I know there's no guarantee I"ll be able to get an upper floor. But thats ok.. I"ll be able to suffer through staying in one of those awesome large lower suites. lol

This is terrific news! I, too, have been advocating for making these rooms a separate category for a long time. We booked the BFS category in 2011 and we were a little bit sad when we could not get a wrap around balcony. Normally, we book the BFVS category. We are already booked for a BFVS room for 2013, but I am going to ask our travel agent to see about the availability of the premier BFS rooms. Thank you so much, Randymon! Bob has always wanted to stay in one of these rooms (he practically sighs when we pass them). I hope that I can surprise him with this if they're availabile for our next trip.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast