Default Anyone attend church while at CSS?

Hoping to get some feedback on this. We attended the Gospel church while at CN last year and it was such an amazing experience! We head to CSS this week, and I don't see it on the activities sheet for CSS, but I think I remember reading that there is a church shuttle. Would love to hear any experiences! Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Hoping to get some feedback on this. We attended the Gospel church while at CN last year and it was such an amazing experience! We head to CSS this week, and I don't see it on the activities sheet for CSS, but I think I remember reading that there is a church shuttle. Would love to hear any experiences! Thanks in advance.
    I'd be interested to know this too.

Can anyone help?
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

We went to our Lady of Fatima Catholic Church last December. Mass was at 10:30 and Couples provided transportation. The congregation was most welcoming and the singing was wonderful.! We always attend Mass when at any of the couples resorts and it is always an uplifting experience.

I went to 10:30 mass at Our Lady of Fatima's while there in early May. I thought I would have more people coming with me but it was just me. The resort was great because I didn't want to go alone and my boyfriend isn't catholic so he wasn't going with me. Guest services called a shuttle for me. O'neill was wonderful, he could tell I was very apprehensive about being out and about by myself. However, what I didn't realize until I got into the shuttle was that tips are recommended and there was a sign stating that hanging from the rear view mirror. I only had $20's with me and I wasn't going to make change in the offering plate, although I must confess it crossed my mind. VERY BRIEFLY!! LOL
    In the end, O'neill collected me after mass at the time he said he would be there and got me back safely to CSS. I understand the average Jamaican earns about $5 A DAY. He won the lottery with me because I gave him a $20.

Peace be with you.

We are here now, so I thought I would update with what I found out for those interested. (Thanks for the replies, as well!) There is a free shuttle that will take you to the Catholic church. (although as pp said, I'm sure they would appreciate tips.) There are many other churches in town (as the guy at the desk said, "We have the most churches in the world, and there's a bar beside every one of them!) and you can take a taxi. He said it would be $25 round trip.

PJ - How did you get to the Gospel Church when you were at CN? Where is it? Did you just ask the front desk and they gave you a list? What kind of service is it? We aren't as concerned about what denomination it is, just as long as is a Bible believing/preaching church.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by mikayla73 View Post
    PJ - How did you get to the Gospel Church when you were at CN? Where is it? Did you just ask the front desk and they gave you a list? What kind of service is it? We aren't as concerned about what denomination it is, just as long as is a Bible believing/preaching church.

Thanks in advance!
    You should go! CN provides a shuttle. It is on the activities sheet and you just meet in the lobby at the appointed time. I don't remember if we had to sign up, I don't think so, but never hurts to double check at guest services. The shuttle goes to both the Catholic church and the Gospel church. As our driver said, the Gospel church is "lively." It was children's Sunday, so I don't know if it was typical, but it was great. Many of the same praise songs I know, prayer, offering, etc. Very easy to follow along. We sat in the balcony with most of the other tourists, and we had to leave before the service was over because our driver had told us what time to be down there. I don't remember if we even got to the sermon.

We dressed up, and the local people were as well. Many of the tourists had on shorts and t-shirts. Many of the tourists were also walking around the balcony area taking pictures and video. I found it a little disrespectful, but I think the church is used to it.

They drop you off and pick you up right in front of the church, it is perfectly safe. Let me know if you have any other questions. Enjoy CN!

This is a longshot but does anyone know if there is a Lutheran church in Ocho Rios? If so, tell me about it.
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

You should go! CN provides a shuttle. It is on the activities sheet and you just meet in the lobby at the appointed time. I don't remember if we had to sign up, I don't think so, but never hurts to double check at guest services. The shuttle goes to both the Catholic church and the Gospel church. As our driver said, the Gospel church is "lively." It was children's Sunday, so I don't know if it was typical, but it was great. Many of the same praise songs I know, prayer, offering, etc. Very easy to follow along. We sat in the balcony with most of the other tourists, and we had to leave before the service was over because our driver had told us what time to be down there. I don't remember if we even got to the sermon.

We dressed up, and the local people were as well. Many of the tourists had on shorts and t-shirts. Many of the tourists were also walking around the balcony area taking pictures and video. I found it a little disrespectful, but I think the church is used to it.

They drop you off and pick you up right in front of the church, it is perfectly safe. Let me know if you have any other questions. Enjoy CN!
    We're actually going to be at CSA, but I figured if CN goes, the bus or transportation from CSA probably would too.

The driver tells you what time to meet them? They don't just pick you up after the service? I have read that the services can be long, so maybe they don't always end at the same time? I imagine thats probably easier since they'd have to pick up the Catholic church goers too.

Thanks for the info!