Default Cruzan Rum Cream

Just an update. I haven't been able to find rum cream in my local liquor stores for months now and asked about it. They said it was discontinued. I quit looking for the Cruzan brand and just figured I would have to wait until next April for CSA. Well I went to the store on Saturday and there was 3 bottles sitting there. YES! I scooped them up and I'm set for a while! I don't know what happened but I'm happy now.

We're down to the bottom of our last bottle of Sangsters and will definitely be bringing home much more on our next trip. Apparently it doesn't have enough alcohol in it to count in you "booze" limit for customs!

i'll have to check w/my local store to see if it's back in stock here in Denver. it's been out of stock since before December and i was told it was due to the distributor having issues, i can only hope they've been resolved.

If you can find Tres Leches, I prefer that over Cruzan. Had some this weekend as a matter of fact.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    Just an update. I haven't been able to find rum cream in my local liquor stores for months now and asked about it. They said it was discontinued. I quit looking for the Cruzan brand and just figured I would have to wait until next April for CSA. Well I went to the store on Saturday and there was 3 bottles sitting there. YES! I scooped them up and I'm set for a while! I don't know what happened but I'm happy now.
    softail19...in which liquor store did you find it?

Found it recently in Delaware.

what do you use this for???

I've never brought more than 4 bottles at once but I'd buy it by the 55gallon drum if I could!
    As far as distribution issues, hopefully that's cleared up until I can get back to CSA.

Have had the "others" Sangsters is the finest Rum cream made IMHO. You can buy in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Janicek View Post
    If you can find Tres Leches, I prefer that over Cruzan. Had some this weekend as a matter of fact.
    I agree....it's "almost" as good as Sangsters and better than Cruzan....IMHO
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Sangsters is the best for sure but Cruzan will hav
    e to do for now. Junkie, I found it at MGM so far.
    Jason, I drink it on the rocks but you can make Hummingbirds with it.
    1 1/2 oz rum cream
    2 oz milk
    1 ounce Tia Maria
    Blend with ice.
    Dash of fruit suryup
    1 oz Tia Maria
    Half banana

Sangsters is the best for sure but Cruzan will hav
    e to do for now. Junkie, I found it at MGM so far.
    Jason, I drink it on the rocks but you can make Hummingbirds with it.
    1 1/2 oz rum cream
    2 oz milk
    1 ounce Tia Maria
    Blend with ice.
    Dash of fruit suryup

Sorry about the double and messed up recipe. The first one is right but with one ounce of Tia Maria.

Out West ( California / Arizona) BevMo has Cruzan Rum Cream 750ml for $16.99 or Tres Leches Rum Cream $19.99.

We blew through our stash of Sangsters and Lillifield not long after we returned. Cruzan is one that I've found locally that is pretty darn good. El Dorado may be the best I've had but don't see it very often.
    Rum cream on ice... that's all you need!