Default A few CSA questions!

Hi there,

My new husband and I are leaving for our honeymoon at CSA tomorrow. We are SO excited, but just have a few last minute questions for repeaters. This message board has already helped us tremendously, so thank you all for that!

So, on to the questions..

1) Do you need an adapter for the outlets in Jamaica? The answer I got from googling this was basically "possibly", so I wanted to check with the experts

2) We have booked a GVS, and I was wondering if they have a DVD player in the room. We are actually considering upgrading if there is an ocean view available, but we would still hope for a DVD player (or the ability to order in room movies) in that room as well because we both like to relax by watching a movie occasionally. I know we'll be busy doing a lot of other things and not hanging out in the room much, but we were just curious.

3) How easy is it to upgrade your room? Is it something we should consider trying to do today instead of when we get there tomorrow? Also, if we do stick with the GVS, does anyone have any specific recommendations on where to request a room? We don't want to be too far from the action if at all possible

4) We are interested in doing some sort of YS Falls / Ziplining / Floyd's Pelican Bar combination excursion. Does anyone know if something like this exists and is it easy to book when we get there?

Thanks in advance for all of the help in this thread and others, lurking on this board has made me SO excited for this trip and very sure that we made the right decision for our honeymoon.

Becky (& Chris)

You will not need an adapter. But, hey, the best movie will be outside your door! You can watch all the movies you want at home. Two of my favorite movies at Swept Away, are, "The beach scene" staring you and your husband, and of course, " Let's watch the sun set!" and, odly enough, it's staring the same two actors! There's alot of others playing too, and again the cast is the same!

I know the feeling of being anxious to leave - we're headed to CSA on Saturday!

1)Based on my understanding, this is kind of a gray area. Jamaica operates on a 110V/50Hz electrical system, whereas the US uses 120V/60Hz. Basically, your electronics from the States should work, but I probably wouldn't hook anything super valuable up just to be on the safe side. For what it's worth, we hooked up my wife's laptop last time and didn't have any problems.

2)I haven't heard of in-room DVD players at any Couples resort.

3)It depends on how full the resort is - I would just suggest talking to the front desk when you check in. If they have some open rooms, they might be able to offer an upgrade. I'm not familiar with the best GVS locations, though...

4)You can book a YS Falls excursion through the concierge desk. However, if you're wanting to combine ziplining and the Pelican Bar, you will probably have to use an outside tour company. There are a few out there, I've heard good things about JuJu Tours but can't vouch personally.

Have fun and enjoy your trip!!
    CN 2011, CSA 2012, CSA 2013 (although not soon enough!)