Default August weather experiences

Hi all

My hubby and me are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and cant think of any where better than CSA. We first went for my 40th (3 years ago) and the following year we went to CSS. Although both are lovely our heart remains at CSA..

so just wondering what to expect weather wise in Aug. Our first trip to CSA was in Jan, and weather was fab. CSS was in May and we had a few showers but just made the most of it and stayed in the pool and actually enjoyed splashing in the puddles (think the drink sent us back to childhood days!!)

I understand that one year to the next can bring different weather but thought i'd ask anyway , also what about watersports, crusie etc does the weather affect these in Aug

look forward to your replies

Jo and Mark

We have been to CN the last two Augusts and are returning this August, it can and probably will have some type of shower between 2 PM and 5PM on most days, but not always all days. We like walking the beach all day so we would do breakfast early than go out to the beach until about 1-130ish than go to lunch, after lunch if it stayed clear we would go back to the beach, if it clouded up and rained some we would go to the pool bar or hit the Jacuzzi on the AN beach or the one behind the dive shack, hang there with some champagne (plastic cups please) wait till it ended. Also we would schedule our messages around 3 PM as it is usually than overcast or somewhat showery. On both our trips we never had a sustained rain beyond an hour or hour and half, most times much shorter. Also we have been at one end of Bloody Bay and had no rain on a walk and come back to the other end of the beach and found it showered. I guess the short version is the weather never had a severe or depressing impact on any of our trips!!!! Stop worrying so far ahead unless there is a tropical depression settled in for a few days or hurricane all will be good!!

We have been to Jamaica spring, summer , fall and winter. Twice in August. 1 trip in aug was sunny every day no rain at all. In 1992 we were in Negril in August.....thats when hurricane Andrew passed to the north. Rained a few days, but still had an awesome time!

Hubby and I got married in August at CTI 2011. We stayed from the 23rd to the 30th. Granted, we arrived the day that Hurricane Irene was making her way up the eastern seaboard, but we had good weather. Overcast a lot of the days, but that helped with the heat and humidity.

We bought trip insurance and couldn't beat the prices. We will most likely return in August again!
    Weddingmoon @ CTI August 2011
    Planning our return Home!

Quote Originally Posted by Jo and Mark View Post
    Hi all

My hubby and me are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and cant think of any where better than CSA. We first went for my 40th (3 years ago) and the following year we went to CSS. Although both are lovely our heart remains at CSA..

so just wondering what to expect weather wise in Aug. Our first trip to CSA was in Jan, and weather was fab. CSS was in May and we had a few showers but just made the most of it and stayed in the pool and actually enjoyed splashing in the puddles (think the drink sent us back to childhood days!!)

I understand that one year to the next can bring different weather but thought i'd ask anyway , also what about watersports, crusie etc does the weather affect these in Aug

look forward to your replies

Jo and Mark
    I have gone two years in a row in August. In 2010, rain for a couple of hours on two or three days. In 2011, absolutely no rain. I am hoping for no rain this year. Either way, you will be okay and will still lots to do. I spoke with the staff and they indicated that hurricanes normally pass over Ochos Rios.