Default need advice from CSS guests!

hi there!

we are looking to visit CSS in december and have a few questions, as we've never done all inclusive...OR jamaica!

1. is december a pretty good month to go? we both work at very high intensity jobs, so asking for time off sooner is pretty much out of the question.

2. does the type of room you reserve really matter all that much? or do you spend more time out and about?

3. are the activities fairly good at CSS? we are pretty active people who aren't very good at just laying on a beach...i know, why go to a beach, right?!

4. we are planning on booking our airfare through the couples website. i've never purchased a package like that before. is it reliable? safe? or are there fees or any other annoyances associated with doing that? advice?

anything else you've got would be really helpful! we are foodies, love adventure, love to relax when we can, and can't wait to try out CSS!

thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by kendall07 View Post
    hi there!

we are looking to visit CSS in december and have a few questions, as we've never done all inclusive...OR jamaica!

1. is december a pretty good month to go? we both work at very high intensity jobs, so asking for time off sooner is pretty much out of the question. I can't imagine a bad tim

2. does the type of room you reserve really matter all that much? or do you spend more time out and about? CSS has a wide variety of rooms because of the hilly terrain. We like the one bedroom ocean suites because we're close to the water. You may like something higher on the hill with a broader view. All the rooms are great. Just look at all locations and pick one. You can't go wrong.

3. are the activities fairly good at CSS? we are pretty active people who aren't very good at just laying on a beach...i know, why go to a beach, right?! Yes, there are a lot of activities. Scuba, snorkling, sailing, yoga, golf...are some of them. You also have Dunns River Falls and shopping close by.

4. we are planning on booking our airfare through the couples website. i've never purchased a package like that before. is it reliable? safe? or are there fees or any other annoyances associated with doing that? advice? I can't comment on this as we have used our travel agent to book our airfare.

anything else you've got would be really helpful! we are foodies, love adventure, love to relax when we can, and can't wait to try out CSS! CSS is so very relaxing. Do a lot or do nothing. It's a beautiful place and the staff is great.

thanks so much!

I hope that helps!
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

You'll love CSS, it's my favorite but I love them all.

1. December is a good time to go, they aren't as busy and weather is good.

2. We prefer the suites on the cliffs, balconies are much larger, suites are roomier, more privacy and the view is to die for. We prefer 'D' block. Beachfront are also nice and you don't have the steps unless you want to go to the Casanova or Balloon Bar. Of course the Internet Cafe, Lobby and Gift Shops are up there as well.

3. Plenty of activities.

4. I'd say it's perfectly safe. We have used allinclusiveoutlet.com before with no problems also.

Be sure to purchase the travel insurance, it's not that expensive when you realize what could happen. In fact, one year we had to stay over in Chicago due to bad weather at our destination, and the travel insurance paid for our hotel room & meals.

Enjoy!
    Mrs. Jamerican_we-are

December is a great month to go to Jamaica... it's our favorite time to go.

We like do to Dunns River Falls while at CSS and also the shopping tour (all included). For a price you can do many other excursions such as swim with the dolphins and mystic mountain for zip lining or bobsledding etc..

But you can also just stay on the resort and have plenty to do as well. They have games at the swim up bar every day about 3pm and also you can play beach v0lleyball and in addition you can do all the included watersports such as snorkeling, scuba, glass bottom boat etc..
    and also you will want to visit the spa for massages, facial etc... sometime while you are there too.
    Yes the couples website is reliable and no surprises that we've ever come up on.

hello
    my husband & i went to css for x-mas last year......the weather was great....water was warm.
    i think this resort is more laid back then the other couples resorts from everything i read.
    we took the glass bottom boat out to snorkel which was nice & they have kayaks & wind sailing if you like that
    we had a great relaxing time.....not much going on tho....some water & beach volleyball (if you can find someone to play) they have a list of activities like a trip to dunns river falls(which you being active would probably like) & a trip to margaritaville but that left later @ night... but people seemed to be there to relax,read & lay in the sun @ least when we were there.......theres alot of walking & stairs, my husband & i explored the grounds & there was a mineral grotto hidden away which was nice

this was our 1st time @ a all-inclusive in jamaica......we have stayed @ ones in mexico & the only draw back about this resort is we felt like it was expected they get a tip (even tho it's no tipping)
    example.....we did not know a tip was "expected" for any requests like.......i needed 7-up or sprite to take my meds & wrote a note asking for one of those so i could take my medication in the morning...NEVER got it ....

we were leaving a couple dollars every day on the night stand for a tip BUT did not realize that there was @ least 4 people serviceing our room & a tip was expected for each person....(1) filling the refrigerater,(2)the morning housekeeper,(3)the night turn down service &(4) the lady that brought towels......every day
    **when we went to mexico it was the same 2 people serviceing our room (1 morning & 1 evening) & took care of everything in our room so we had no idea there was so many people in & out of our room each day @ css......it would have been nice if the "rules" of tipping was known ahead of time

so if you want your fridge stocked w/ what you want i guess your suppose to leave their tip in the fridge w/ a note of what you want (we found this out the last day we were there)

other then the tipping thing we enjoyed ourselves.....we're going to try couples negril this year but css was a good romantic time......hope this helps =]

Hi - December sounds good to me - any month seems good to me.
    I stayed in the beachfront suite and loved it.
    All the rooms seem beautiful - if you can do stairs - any room will be wonderful.
    We booked through Couples - no problems!
    I wouldn't call this resort itself very active - but there are tons of excurtions. We are beach bums - so it was perfect.
    The food was pretty darn good.
    Have fun - I'm jealous - will be back in Feb/March

December is a great time to go to Jamaica. Good weather, out of hurricane season. You really never know what the weather will be like, but typically that's a pretty good time. Not as humid or rainy. I went to Jamaica end of November last year and it was sun every day.

Can't comment on the rooms as I haven't been to CSS yet, but I've booked the one-bedroom ocean front suite for November and think it looks like the best category for us (more stairs but better views/more privacy and nice spacious room with sitting area). I think all the rooms look great though, you probably can't go wrong.

All Couples resorts have water activities, fitness, etc.... But essentially, these are resorts you go to to relax and regroup, not really to be active as you might on a trip to Europe or somewhere where you'd do a lot of sightseeing. If you don't really like the relaxing, low-key kind of vibe on a trip, this might not be the place for you! It's not for everyone.... but I love it

I have booked both times through Expedia just because the rate was way better when coupled with the flight. Hundreds of dollars saved. But in terms of safety, it would be completely safe to book through the Couples website I assume... don't think there should be any problem with that. No hidden fees or anything like that, it will show you exactly what you're paying for. But check on expedia to compare or other travel sites.

Scorpio - it is clear on this website and message board and the FAQ's that the rules of tipping are NO TIPPING. I think it's very clear and honestly in going since 2005 we have always felt that is one of the best parts of Couples is the no tipping policy, and have never encountered an employee or a situation where tipping was expected or implied to be expected. It has been stated by management that employees are fired for accepting tips and that guests are not to attempt to tip or they will be spoken to or even removed by management if the situation warrants.

If there is a problem with your mini bar selections, you should go to an employee and speak to them... tipping does not give you better service... everybody is treated the same-wonderfully... which is another reason why we love the no tipping policy.

Hi Kendall
    You guys re going to love CSS

1. we usually go in July but have been once in Dec
    The temp was great but the water was a little cool for us
    2. The room is all about personal pref
    We have stayed in g block, f block, e block and d block
    All were great in their own ways
    I agree with Cigardude. Look at the pic on line and just pick one
    It is better to stay another day than to pay more for the room
    3. Lots of activities
    As much or little as you want. We work out in the nice gym every morning and walk on the track every day
    I like the beach volleyball. My wife likes kayaking and scuba
    4. We usually book through delta but the prices seem to be about the same either way
    5. The restaurants are great. We love eating outside at Casanova. Very romantic

Last thing- I completely disagree with scorpio
    We have gone to CSS and CTI multiple times
    We have never felt an expectation to tip couples employees
    In fact we have been told by them that they would be fired if they accepted a tip
    We have never had trouble getting what we needed or wanted without tipping

Have a great trip

JED

Any Month is a good month to be in Ja

We really liked the beachfront rooms, there are a lot of steep steps at CSS and the Beachfront rooms are the most convenient to everything, we like to use the restrooms in our room during the day instead of the public ones.

I like to book my own air so that I can pick the flight times and connections.

thank you so much everyone!!

this really helped a lot -- we have heard many "ooooh, you probably shouldn't go to jamaica" from people, but these message boards are very encouraging

thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by kendall07 View Post
    thank you so much everyone!!

this really helped a lot -- we have heard many "ooooh, you probably shouldn't go to jamaica" from people, but these message boards are very encouraging

thank you so much!
    I love it when people tell you that you probably shouldn't go to Jamaica - I have been many times to many parts of the island since 1999/2000 and never once felt unsafe...its crazy talk from people that have no idea!

Go enjoy and relax!!
    Chuck and Gail
    Washington DC area (Northern VA)
    CSS April 19th
    7th Trip to Couples (2xCSA 4xCSS 1xCTI)
    Too many trips to JA to count and still love it!