Default Negril: return trip questions

My wife and I spent our honeymoon at CN two years ago and LOVED it. It was near perfect. Now, two years later we planning vacation for 2013. We typically like to try out new destinations, however after scouring the Caribbean for a better destination, we're BACK to Negril. Before I get to the questions, let me first say that YES, I looked at every CN vs CSA thread that I can find.

On the return trip, we're bringing a few couples from our neighborhood with us, and we are thinking about trying out CSA. We are all in our late twenties/early thirties, and all enjoy "nightlife". While the nightlife at CN wasn't as "lively" as I would have liked, I do realize that with the friends we are bringing this time that could be different.

The main thing that makes me lean towards CSA is being able to walk down Long Bay and checking out the local bars and shops along the beach. While on the honeymoon CN was perfect because we didn't have any desire to leave the resort, however with a few other couples we will all want to get out more and explore. I also think that trying out CSA would help with my apprehensions of going back to the same place twice.

Question one: We stayed in the PERFECT, 3rd floor Beachfront Suite at CN right next to the pool. We loved the location and the view, and also the hammock on the balcony. My main concern is the view. With no budget restrictions in mind, which room would be comparable at CSA? I've looked at the Great Hall Jacuzzi Suites, but also read that a couple have not so welcome views of an ally way. And you can't requests rooms anymore, correct? Also keep in mind that I do love having a TV in the room to keep up with the news while the wife is getting ready.

Question two: Is my head generally in the right place thinking that CSA would be a better choice for a few young adventurous couples? Am I missing anything?

Thank you in advance for any help and advice. Like you all know, it's tough to make a switch to something new when you had such an amazing experience.

I'm pretty sure you will love CSA and the beachfront veranda suites. Trip #5 booked as we love CSA for many reasons but we love the freedom t9 walk the long beach. You'll have a blast.

We stayed at CSA last summer and this year going to CN - so we are the exact opposite boat

We are in our mid twenties and last year traveled with two other couples that wanted to come along. CSA is awesome the piano bar is lively and the dancing at the nightclub is a lot of fun. None of us even left the resort. The nightlife is totally what you make of it, but I know you will have a great time!

Here is my tips on the rooms. We stayed in the beachfront suite; no tv, but the room was HUGE. Ours was located directly behind the water sports hut and right along the beach. It was lovely and had a large wrap around porch. This is where the six of us played cards and had our 'porch parties' prior to going to dinner as it was the largest of the rooms. One of the other couples chose to upgrade to the beachfront verandah suite it was nice, but the room was much smaller than ours, it did have a tv, the bathroom was tiny and the porch has just enough room for a chair and a small sofa. So I guess it just depends if a tv is really important and how much you will use the room. I hope this helps and have fun!
    [I]COLOR="red"]The Darling's[/COLOR]

Hi Kev24rm,
    If you liked the BF Suites at CN you will like the Great House Jacuzzi Suites at CSA. They are very similar to the BF suites at CN but IMO even nicer because they look directly on to the ocean. The rooms you are refering to that may have a view of a lane way between CSA and an adjacent property ate the Great House Gardenview rooms.
    I saw the GHJS's and thought they were beautiful. The bathrooms are amazing and I think there were 2 flat screen TV's in the room as well as a wet bar. the room wer were on also had a telescope on the balcony which was larger than the other balconies in the new section. I'm sure you can find pictures somewhere on this message board.
    Enjoy!
    Karon