Thread: Food question

Hybrid View

Default Food question

Hi all,

I'm a newbie here and I have a question. I figured this was the best place to ask.

My fiancee and I are considering booking CSA for our honeymoon and wanted to know if the chefs there are able to cater to dietary needs on a daily basis. I am someone who has a good amount of food allergies, such as being allergic to a lot of spices and I don't each spicy food in general. I main stick to food I know, such as American, Chinese, Italian and French to name a few. And I don't like much spices in my food, except for salt, pepper and garlic. Will the chefs at the restaurants be able to cook my meal to the way I want it, which is pretty much plain.

Thanks!
    Tracy

you may want to consider another country for your vacation...

Jamaica is not the place for you with that food allergies. There is NOTHING plain about any of the foods at Couples.

You might be able to get just plain chicken or fish and rice, but kind of boring.
    Jamaica is known for spicy food, like jerk chicken and pork and curry dishes.
    No sure how you consider Italian, French and Chinese food plain?

I have celiac disease and when I went to CSS I was able to meet with the chef when we arrived to discuss my non-gluten needs. Everytime I went to lunch/dinner I was able to meet with the head chef there, if needed to discuss what I could or couldn't have. They were great and went out of there way every night to come up with an appetizer, salad, dinner and dessert made especially for me.

I would email them in advance to discuss your specific needs to make sure they can accomodate.

ask to speak with the head chef or guest relations upon arrival- they will accomodate your dietary restrictions/allergies. If not allergic to the ingredients, give it a go- you may be surprised at what you do like!
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Quote Originally Posted by calgontakemeaway View Post
    ask to speak with the head chef or guest relations upon arrival- they will accomodate your dietary restrictions/allergies. If not allergic to the ingredients, give it a go- you may be surprised at what you do like!
    Agreed...Couples advertises under cuisine ... "Should you have any dietary requirements or restrictions, our chefs would be happy to accommodate them". They also serve a great variety of fresh fruits, cheeses, breads, pastas, salads and fish daily. I don't think you will have a problem at all with your dietary needs. Go and enjoy...I've never been sick in Jamaica at Couples resorts from anything that I've eaten or drank, including the water. I can't say that about other countries. Have fun!!!!!
    Irie ,
    (Ladydia) Dianna

CTI 2006, CSA 2007, CN 2008, CN 2009, CN 2010 twice
    CN 2012, CSS 2012, CN 2013

I have to disagree with this:

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    you may want to consider another country for your vacation...
    I also disagree with this:

Quote Originally Posted by MsHoo View Post
    Jamaica is not the place for you with that food allergies. There is NOTHING plain about any of the foods at Couples.
    I do agree with this:

Quote Originally Posted by calgontakemeaway View Post
    Couples has way more to offer than just food. They will accommodate your dietary needs. Couples also has all the free booze you want. Are these people saying that because we donít drink, we should stay away too? Ridiculous!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

DON"T HESITATE TO BOOK. The chefs are awesome. On our first trip, my husband was not well on the second day. The nurse suggested some dietary restrictions for a day and the chefs were absolutely wonderful.
    Enjoy and have an Irie time.

There's always ice cream, frozen yogurt, pastries, fresh fruits and vegetables. I have also seen plain pasta on the buffet and fried rice with veggies. There will be cold fish on the salad bar also.
    Vicky

You will be looked after. just ask to speak to the chef. There is a large selection at CSA anyway. I'm sure you'll find plenty to eat.