Default Help me choose a resort for our Weddingmoon, lot of questions.

Hi Everyone,

We have decided that we want to have our Weddingmoon at a Couples resort. From all of the awesome reviews, to the pictures, to the price.. I think Couples is the best place for us.

Now the hard part, which one?

I think if this were a normal vacation it wouldn't be so hard to choose one, but since this location is going to be where our wedding is also, I want it to be perfect.

For our wedding, it is going to be only us there, no guests. I really want a beautiful, beach location. Are any of the resorts better than others for a beautiful beach location??

We are slightly picky when it comes to the rooms. We both like modern, clean rooms. When I compare the room pictures for CSA compared to CTI, we much prefer how CTI looks. But I definately would not rull out CSA just because the rooms are not as modern. One thing that I would love to have is an unobstructed ocean view. I think there would be nothing better than sitting on our balcony eating breakfast and looking at the beautiful blue ocean.

I really like to explore and part of the reason I want to go to Jamaica as opposed to a location in the US is to be able to explore something new. I want to see Jamaica and not just the resort. Are all of the locations near areas that we could walk to??

As far as activities go, do all the resorts have the same activities??

My fiance is very concerned with safety. From looking at CTI on google earth it looks like there is a wall around the resort. When we look at CSA, we do not see the same. Knowing that it is on 7 mile beach, what keeps the locals from coming up on the resort property??

Also one other really dumb question that we were both wondering about... How do the restaurants/bars recognize that we are a guest to the resort?? Are there wristbands, some type of card we have to carry???

Thanks all!!

Quote Originally Posted by amanda1266 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Now the hard part, which one?
    Are any of the resorts better than others for a beautiful beach location??

We are slightly picky when it comes to the rooms. We both like modern, clean rooms.

I really like to explore and part of the reason I want to go to Jamaica as opposed to a location in the US is to be able to explore something new. I want to see Jamaica and not just the resort. Are all of the locations near areas that we could walk to??

As far as activities go, do all the resorts have the same activities??

My fiance is very concerned with safety. From looking at CTI on google earth it looks like there is a wall around the resort. When we look at CSA, we do not see the same. Knowing that it is on 7 mile beach, what keeps the locals from coming up on the resort property??

Also one other really dumb question that we were both wondering about... How do the restaurants/bars recognize that we are a guest to the resort?? Are there wristbands, some type of card we have to carry???

Thanks all!!
    Beautiful beaches can be found at CSA and CN. The other resorts have small and pretty beaches but nothing like Negril.

The only modern rooms you will find are at CTI. Clean and modern are two different things; we have not had issues with cleanliness but the rooms at CSA and CN are not modern. CSA has direct beachfront rooms. The rooms at both CN and CSA are not luxurious but basic so you will need to have realistic expectations.

You can view the specific activities for each resort on this website and compare for yourself.

CSA is a on a public beach which can be busy. It is not private and there will be vendors and others walking the beach and swimming. There is security and non guests are not allowed access to resort facilities. CN is more private and CTI and CSS the most private.

No wristbands or cards to carry at any of the Couples resorts.

There seems to be a conflict in that you are wanting to walk easily and explore, yet are concerned about locals and what you perceive as safety issues. You can walk 7 Mile Beach from CSA and have access to lots of local spots.

We were married at CSA back in 2008. There was no question for us then, as CSA and the beautiful beach in Negril called to us loud and clear. The soft white sand, turquoise water and tall swaying coconut palms made a perfect backdrop. It was the most incredible day.

Your primary concern about CSA seems to be the rooms. They are rustic, but theyíre clean and comfortable. If you go with a category on the newer side theyíll likely be more to your liking. Maybe we arenít so picky, but we had no problems with our room. In fact, we loved the huge, comfortable bed and large verandah.

Since our wedding weíve been to CTI and CSS. We saw a few weddings on the beach at CTI. The sand and water isnít quite as nice there as the Negril side, but you still have the tall palm trees, (yes, I am a tall coconut palm tree hugger. lol) and itís private to CTI guests. Thatís something you will not get at CSA - privacy. Although they do a fabulous job at keeping people back from the ceremony, people do walk by - could be couples, families, men in speedos! This bothers some, but it didnít bother us.We even attended a wedding that was over to the side on the grass, looking over the water. No sand there, but nice view. CTI has newer rooms, and most, not just some like at CSA, have amazing views.

CSS has a nice beach, but the sand is quite hard packed and darker. The biggest down side for me is the lack of coconut palms. There are a row of other palms at the back of the beach, but it doesn't feel as... tropical. Personally, although I loved our stay there and the quiet of that beach and calm shallow water, it just didn't appeal to me for a beach wedding. We only saw 1 or 2 weddings on the beach and at that end at that time it was shadey. It does however have the very romantic, private, wedding gazebo set on the rocks. Itís a great location for intimate weddings, but again, no beach sand. We were in G block and the room had a fabulous sweeping view from our enormous verandah, but it was certainly the most dated room of the 3 resorts by far (havenít been to CN to comment). It was such a romantic resort though, to make up for that.

As for safety and walking, we walked 7 mile beach in Negril without worry. We didnít walk from CTI or CSS, as they are on a narrow, windy, fairly busy road. It does not really appeal for walking. However, there are sights, like Dunnís river, that you can take a tour to. Honestly, thereís so much to do at all the resorts that you donít even have to leave, but it is nice to get off resort to see what the rest of Jamaica is like. The cat cruise is a nice way to do this too.

Anyway, I hope this helps? I donít think you can go wrong with any Couples resort for your wedding, believe me. So go with the one that calls to you the most. Congrats!