Default Advice on rooms at CTI

Hi
    We are looking to book our honeymoon for the end of august at CTI we are trying to figure out the difference between the ocean superior, ocean deluxe and the ocean premier rooms? any advice from people who have stayed in these rooms would be greatly appreciated! Also how close of the gold course to this resort? Thanks

Laura

The difference is the block that the room is in, as well as the view. We booked a superior ocean view and were lucky to stay in room 5102, which offered a beautiful view of the bay on the left side of the resort. But we ran into other guests who had a room in the same block but farther down at the end and didn't have much an ocean view.

However, looking at the room descriptions, I cannot figure out the difference between deluxe and premiere ocean rooms.

Premiere has direct ocean views with the island. Deluxe, you may have some palm trees in your view. Deluxe are in Building 1 and 4, Premier are in 2 & 3; Superior are in Building 5. If you pull up the resort map, you can identify the buildings and sort of get a feel for the view. That being said, our first time in Building two, we had a view of the pool, ocean and island, but it was somewhat blocked by a huge almond tree. Also to the left of our room was the roof top patio and it hadn't been completed, so not the best view. However, that view did not keep us from returning again & again, again in 27 days.
    Vicky

4th block is great - nice view of the resort and a nice scenic view of the island...

We're staying on the 4th floor of the 4th building and couldn't be happier!!!

You guys are going to LOVE it!

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    Premiere has direct ocean views with the island. Deluxe, you may have some palm trees in your view. Deluxe are in Building 1 and 4, Premier are in 2 & 3; Superior are in Building 5. If you pull up the resort map, you can identify the buildings and sort of get a feel for the view. That being said, our first time in Building two, we had a view of the pool, ocean and island, but it was somewhat blocked by a huge almond tree. Also to the left of our room was the roof top patio and it hadn't been completed, so not the best view. However, that view did not keep us from returning again & again, again in 27 days.
    Hmmmm...I thought I was in a Deluxe room in building 3 by the pool last time. But anyway, The views from buildings 3 and 4 are great. I would suggest requesting higher floors in these two buildings, especially in building 3. The pool is noisy during the day and the main level hallways can get noisy during the night.

Here was the view from our room in the end of Building 3 by the pool, from left to right...

Building 4 next door & end of pool
    Name:  CTI Room 1.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  40.1 KB

Pool with swim-up bar
    Name:  CTI Room 2.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  45.2 KB

Pier & Tower Island
    Name:  CTI Room 3.JPG
Views: 803
Size:  86.0 KB

Base of pier at sunrise
    Name:  CTI Room 4.JPG
Views: 813
Size:  70.8 KB

Oh, man! I booked a Deluxe Ocean thinking it was in building 5..... The view of the bay and the mountains was our favorite.

Was put in block 4 room 4405 and had a great view. Overlooked the pool bar, the garden wedding spot. We did have a few palm trees in the way but liked our view.

Kari

Quote Originally Posted by dineenl View Post
    Hi
    We are looking to book our honeymoon for the end of august at CTI we are trying to figure out the difference between the ocean superior, ocean deluxe and the ocean premier rooms? any advice from people who have stayed in these rooms would be greatly appreciated! Also how close of the gold course to this resort? Thanks

Laura

We always go for the Premier Ocean and ask for the main building. this will give you a room front and center.

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    Premiere has direct ocean views with the island....Premier are in 2 & 3...
    Quote Originally Posted by dandj View Post
    We always go for the Premier Ocean and ask for the main building. this will give you a room front and center.
    I'd love to hear any opinions on Bldg 2 vs Bldg 3 and any recommendations for specific Premier room #s. Also, are Premier rooms on all floors of each building or only on the upper floors? Thanks!
    Laura

Don't worry about specific room numbers because Couples won't honor requests beyond the room category. We had premier on the first floor of Building 3. It was just off the lobby and the foot traffic was too much for me to sleep at night. Amazing view though and the room was very nice. I prefer the top floor of building 2 or upper floors of three.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by TandT View Post
    4th block is great - nice view of the resort and a nice scenic view of the island...

We're staying on the 4th floor of the 4th building and couldn't be happier!!!

You guys are going to LOVE it!
    totally agree...we were on the same floor and had a great view. The golf course is about 15-20 minutes away...I went twice and had a pretty good time...

I had read somewhere that the balcony is slightly bigger in the Premier rooms also - but not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by popup40 View Post
    I had read somewhere that the balcony is slightly bigger in the Premier rooms also - but not sure.
    One of our rooms in Building 3 had a bigger balcony, the other room it was smaller. In building 2, the premier balconies are all the same. Some of the deluxe are bigger like building 4, then smaller in building 2.
    Vicky

Can you pick when you are at check in for Deluxe Ocean? If you can what rooms are best? We are traveling in Oct. 2012.

It's kind of hard to pick if you haven't stayed before, but if you get to your room and don't like it, you can ask to be changed. You can also ask to see the room before they take you bags up to make sure it's what you want. Couples will do everything they can to make sure your vacation is what you want.
    Vicky