Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default CTI...March 2013 Anyone?

It looks like we are aiming for March 2013 for our wonderful weddingmoon! I can't wait. We have it narrowed to 2 weeks, but need to nail it down to one soon! Anyone going midmonth?

Hi Sheryl! Congrats on winning the Pinterest contest! I would be very happy to meet you if we end up at CTI together. My husband (Bob) and I just booked our third trip to CTI in as many years. What started out as a "splurge" has become a high priority item! I'm sure you're finding out everything you need to know, but if I can answer questions for you about CTI I'd be happy to!

We'll be there March 19-26, 2013.

Hoping some of the good folks we met this Spring will be returning as well!

Bridget

Congrats as well! You'll love the resort, and by about day 2 you will be working on when and how to come back. Not solely because of the resort, but the people you meet. Me and my wife Rhonda were actually lucky enough to meet Godiva and Bob while we were there, as well as many other new friends that we still keep in touch with. Enjoy every moment, enjoy the amazing food, enjoy the ISLAND, but above all enjoy the company that you will meet.

P.S. It was great to meet you Godiva and Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Godiva View Post
    Hi Sheryl! Congrats on winning the Pinterest contest! I would be very happy to meet you if we end up at CTI together. My husband (Bob) and I just booked our third trip to CTI in as many years. What started out as a "splurge" has become a high priority item! I'm sure you're finding out everything you need to know, but if I can answer questions for you about CTI I'd be happy to!

We'll be there March 19-26, 2013.

Hoping some of the good folks we met this Spring will be returning as well!

Bridget

Default Can't wait...

We will actually be coming March 5-12 and getting married on March 8th! I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Hendy View Post
    Congrats as well! You'll love the resort, and by about day 2 you will be working on when and how to come back. Not solely because of the resort, but the people you meet. Me and my wife Rhonda were actually lucky enough to meet Godiva and Bob while we were there, as well as many other new friends that we still keep in touch with. Enjoy every moment, enjoy the amazing food, enjoy the ISLAND, but above all enjoy the company that you will meet.

P.S. It was great to meet you Godiva and Bob.

We will be starting our adventure at Couples on March 2nd and be there until the 9th. This will be our first time at a Couples and we are excited.

We will be making our 2nd trip to CTI on March 4th - 9th. So excited!

Not that we are excited or anything, but 200 days until we arrive at CTI!!!!

My Fiance and I will be heading to CTI March 18-22 in 2013 for our honeymoon! We are super excited to be going. Any returners have ANY advice?

Adolph and Sue
    March 16-23
    We hope to meet up with all the great couples we met last year!

Anyone out there considering going to the AN Island??-- or has anyone been? We're debating it.. Someone has said "you don't know if you don't go" but I cant decide if I have the nerve for it..

177 days until we are home!! It can't come quick enough!!

We're going to be there March 1-13. Third time at TI and fourth time at Couples. Let the countdown begin.

March 23-30 we will be there. This will be our 13th time to Couples. Some may say "unlucky", but how can going to our "home" again be unlucky?

To Siouangal3:
    If you get up the nerve to try the "island", do it early in the trip, because you may like it and kick yourself for not trying it sooner. Read some of the posts in the "Au Naturel" section of the forum to help you calm your nerves...and bring lots of sun screen!

Jens and Sue
    From South Florida

I was hoping I'd be able to go back and edit my earlier post to start a roll call list of who's going to be at CTI and when, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it with the newish message board format. If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears!

It turns out I can edit this post, so I will add people to the list below as they join the thread!

CTI March 2012

1-13 carol&ed 3rd TI, 4th Couples
    2-9 Donna Smith Lake First timers!
    3-12 Deputy (Dan & Cathy) Repeaters, 1st to CTI, bringing other Canuck friends!
    4-9 DavenRach 2nd trip!
    5-12 Sheryl Plocher Getting married March 8th!

16-23 Sueboo (Adolph & Sue) Returning guests!
    18-22 Siouangal13 (Brian & Courtney) Honeymooners!
    19-26 Godiva (Bridget & Bob) 3rd trip to TI!
    23-30 jkrarup (Jens and Sue from FL) Lucky 13th trip!
    Last edited by Godiva; October 30th, 2012 at 11:07 PM. Reason: adding Deputy and fixing date format so everyone can read it.

Double posting to actually join the conversation:

Hendy, any chance you and Rhonda will make it back? It would be great to see you! I am hoping to do some hobie cat sailing this year!

Siouangal13, B and I were surprised how much we liked the Island. It's very comfortable and low-key and we've met some really nice people. Have you read the Au Naturel board? There's some good advice there: go early, "liquid courage" (have a drink before you leave), head to the right side where things tend to be quieter until you feel more comfortable. I did all of those things at first, but quickly decided the left side was where to be--less sea spray on my book and closer to the bar ;-) I know sometimes people play games and stuff but most of the days we've been there have been quiet. People are friendly but not intrusive. And it's really nice not to have a bathing suit crawling up your buttcrack, digging into your shoulders or chafing you. I think it even makes it easier to apply sunscreen. Instead of getting it all over the edges of your suit and worrying about missing a spot, you just do everything! :-)

Other advice for new folks: make a reservation for 8 Rivers, and make a reservation with the photo service folks for a (free) private photo shoot about an hour or so before dinner. You'll be dressed in your fancy clothes, the photographer will walk you around the resort looking for pretty backdrops, and they'll take lots of shots. Then the next day you go into the photo service office, look at the pics, and only buy the ones you like. You don't HAVE to buy any but our first trip we did, and we were glad to have a really nice picture or two with both of us in it!

I have a tendency to overpack and have brought home clean clothes two trips in a row now. Everyone is different but I would say, bring an extra bathing suit and cover up, leave most of your shorts and shirts home, and realize it really is OK to wear the same dress to dinner twice--we shower after the beach and before dinner, I really only have it on for a few hours! I'm not sure we'll ever pare the luggage down to the point that we can just do carry-ons because I like my own brand of sunscreen and need lots, but some people do!

Definitely think about ordering some breakfast from room service. Coffee, croissants or banana bread and fruit on the balcony, as my sweetie catches a few more Zzzzs, is my favorite way to start the day in paradise! We've ordered every day for two weeks now and it always comes on time. Nice!

We are gearing up in the Northeast US for Sandy. I am glad she was gentle to our beloved Couples resorts. Wish us luck, we may be out of power for a few days!

Thanks for the heads up, Godiva! I'm still so nervous about going, but at this point i'm more nervous about silly things I can't control-- like a delayed flight, long lines at the airport, etc, etc... This is actually our first time flying and leaving the US so we have a LOT of first on our hands for our honeymoon.

Super excited to see our room, experience the culture, and do everything that I've seen/heard talked about at TI. Can't wait to meet you guys as well!! Our names our Brian and Courtney, btw.

Thanks for the post Godiva. We will definitely try the Island in 125 days!!!

We (Dan and Cathy) will be at CTI March 3 to 12 with 3 other Crazy Canuck couples.
    It's our 3rd Couples experience, but our 1st time to CTI...we can't wait.
    Cheers!!!

I added you to the list, Deputy! Sorry we'll miss you and Donna. Warm everything up for us, ok? :-)

Siouangal3, I was so busy making the list (and checking it twice) and then writing my other post that I somehow forgot we'll be there almost at the same time! :-) By the time I meet you, you'll be have had a whole day to discover the delights of CTI! :-D Looking forward to meeting you & the rest of our March group! Are you honeymooning right after your wedding?

Our area made it through Hurricane Sandy OK, I hope everyone else did, too. My heart goes out to everyone who is still trying to dry out and fix the damage.

Donna, we'll see you on the Island

Only a few weeks and we will be in the double digits!

I added you to the list, Deputy! Sorry we'll miss you and Donna. Warm everything up for us, ok? :-)

Siouangal3, I was so busy making the list (and checking it twice) and then writing my other post that I somehow forgot we'll be there almost at the same time! :-) By the time I meet you, you'll be have had a whole day to discover the delights of CTI! :-D Looking forward to meeting you & the rest of our March group! Are you honeymooning right after your wedding?

Our area made it through Hurricane Sandy OK, I hope everyone else did, too. My heart goes out to everyone who is still trying to dry out and fix the damage.

I know!!! So excited that I didnt realize it, either. We're actually getting married on the 16th. We wanted down time between our drive back home and flight out of Charlotte. Didnt wanna risk missing the flight because we were hungover from our fesitivities the night before or stuck in traffic hours away, on the way to the airport.

Has anyone flown out of CLT?-- Whats it like.. in terms of lines, wait time, etc..? Just kind of wondering what to expect and how far in advance of our flight we should get there.

We are so looking forward to our first visit to CTI March 4-8th! We were booked at CSS for 8 nights, and then at the last minute we decided to do a split in Ocho Rios. We are more watersports oriented than A/N, but hope to meet up with some fun couples while we are back home. Since this trip is officially our honeymoon, I am really excited about rediscovering Couples at a new place. CN was great, and CSS is our fav so far, but we can't wait to meet CTI!

I was hoping I'd be able to go back and edit my earlier post to start a roll call list of who's going
    to be at CTI and when, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it with the newish message board format. If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears!

It turns out I can edit this post, so I will add people to the list below as they join the thread!

CTI March 2012

1-13 carol&ed 3rd TI, 4th Couples
    2-9 Donna Smith Lake First timers!
    3-12 Deputy (Dan & Cathy) Repeaters, 1st to CTI, bringing other Canuck friends!
    4-9 DavenRach 2nd trip!
    4-8 [B[] Kiki & John[/B/]
    5-12 Sheryl Plocher Getting married March 8th!

16-23 Sueboo (Adolph & Sue) Returning guests!
    18-22 Siouangal13 (Brian & Courtney) Honeymooners!
    19-26 Godiva (Bridget & Bob) 3rd trip to TI!
    23-30 jkrarup (Jens and Sue from FL) Lucky 13th trip!

Finally in Double Digits!!! Only 98 for days until we are back to CTI. We cannot wait!

We have a group of 8 coming March 5-10th

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast