Default Help from all you online booking experts!

Hi all, I've been watching the sites for airfare and it dropped some. Our trip isn't until April 2013 but I'm comfortable with the price. I've always used a ta in the past so I'm a little nervous. Would you book now, with an online site or directly with the airline? We would fly American and change planes in Miami on the way dow
    n and Chicago on the way to Minneapolis. The times are desirable also, your thoughts? Thanks for any advice!

I would book now. I waited to long and had to pay more last time we went. I usualy book on the airline site but if you can find a better deal go for it.

i usually check (well stalk) Kayak and when I see something I like, I go directly to the airline site to book. We fly AA also because we don't have to pay for the first checked bag when traveling to Jamaica!!!

We are also going in April 2013. The flights have not been released for our trip yet. I would avoid Miami airport at all cost. I think its the worst on the East coast. I have missed my connecting flight all three times I have flown through there; but if you are happy with the price and times I would go ahead a book it. I have a set price I want to pay and when it gets to that price I book. Last year I booked our flights 17 days out eventhough I had been watching prices for over 8 months.

We always fly through Dallas, Atlanta or Charlotte. (I'm in Little Rock.) Charlotte is the best, but Atlanta gets there earlier. So we usually fly Delta.

We actually just booked the airfare for our January trip, which for us is pretty early. We too got a great deal on American with flights comming out of Minneapolis and the times were desirable. I would think that you would be safe to book the airfare directly thru the airline now.

We have booked with an online site eight years in a row and everything worked out just fine. We found we got a better deal booking air and hotel together. No problem mon.

It's to far out to book airfare for April 2013 but you can book the resort anytime. I use All The Way Travel. They same to get the best rate. I have used them for years.

Quote Originally Posted by HAWGFAN View Post
    We are also going in April 2013. The flights have not been released for our trip yet. I would avoid Miami airport at all cost. I think its the worst on the East coast. I have missed my connecting flight all three times I have flown through there; but if you are happy with the price and times I would go ahead a book it.
    We fly MIA on the way to MBJ and DFW on the way back. We've never had a problem, but it's usually the first or second flight out. We leave out of MSY on the first flight.

Hi! We book our vacations directly through Couples and our airline separately. I tried the shopping around thing with different sites and actually got the best rate booking directly through the airline. I was shocked!
    We are going to CTI in October and purchased our airline tickets in March. We saw the way the prices were fluctuating so we jumped on the lower price while we could get it.
    I think you will be fine booking your flights now. Good luck and have a wonderful vacation!

I decided to take the plunge and I booked directly with AA. It did cost 50 dollars more to do that. It was 447 per person and I'm very happy with that price. The only thing that bugs me is that let's say I have to cancel, I have one year from the DATE I BOOKED to use the tickets. I don't travel until April 2013 so I would have 2 months to figure something out and go. There is always a catch! Thanks for all your responses.

We just booked our flight for April 2013, both American and US Air are now available. BTW - our TA suggested using Miami as the connecting airport because it's the only one where she (and several clients) have NOT missed the connection. She said everytime she flies into Charlotte, she misses the next flight. So I think it just depends.