Default Well, Here We Go Again (and a RR question)

My DH and I decided that we just can't wait until May for our next Couples trip, so we are vacillating between CTI, CSS and CSA for another trip at the end of October.

Aside from limping up and down the stairs at CSS (Our trip would be right after the marathon... LOL) we are having REAL trouble deciding. Yes, I am a repeater. Doh, it's still hard to decide where we are going.

I do have one question though: we are at the Passionate Love Level of Romance Rewards. (woot woot). Do we still get the benefits if we book with a travel agent instead of Couples?

Thanks!
    Vee

PS: It's great to be thinking about the instant double digit dance instead of the 250 day dance.

Yes, you will get the Romance Rewards for sure booking through a TA. But if Couples is offering any perks for a specific booking time that watch out. Our TA didn't book our stay when we booked with them. They claim things got lost in the system. And didn't find the error until the day before we were due to arrive at Couples. Luckily we did get the type room we wanted and managed to fix our flights so we could sit next to each other on the the plane. But the $350 spa credit and the $75 gift shop credit that Couples was giving away at the time we "thought" we booked, was not valid. Still hoping that our TA will issue credit for their mistake but since they are not responding to us it's looking pretty dreary.

I'm pretty sure you do. We always use a TA to book.

If you can't decide, why not book the secret rendezvous, save some money, and let the resort decide for you? The resort itself handles the RR stuff when you get there, so I don't think you'd get more or less going through a TA. Good luck!

The answer to your first question is yes, and you can go to the pre check tab on the RR page of this website and make your choices for your gifts.
    GREANJAC

OK. One more question: Does anyone know the block of the Ocean Verandah Suites? I'm just not sure.

Thanks!
    Veronica

Yes you do, just give your travel agent you RR number and they will add it to your booking. Also do the pre check-in on the RR page about 2 weeks before you go to have everything setup for you.
    Irie Mon

Hey Vee - congrats on being able to squeeze in another trip.

We always book through a travel agent and the Romance Rewards always show up, no problem. I just remind my travel agent what our RR number is, and they are sure to include it on the reservation.

Someday,

I am really sorry to hear about your TA and their refusal to return your phone calls. I might suggest that you get some sort of written confirmation from Couples about the dates that the perks were offered and send a copy to your TA with a letter threatening to take them to small claims court. Quite often this is enough to elicit a favorable response.

I'm not normally a hugely litigious person (well, personally that is, but I am an attorney, albeit one who normally deals with criminal law), but it irks me to no end that you got such a raw deal and what seems like a complete brush-off.

Just a thought.

What does "DH" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    What does "DH" mean?
    dh = "designated hitter" originate by major league baseball ( MLB) cica 1973 i believe the yankees ron bloomberg was the first official DH to appear in a game ... and rico carty f the indians may have been the first dh to get the first basehit

Vee. Sue and i have stayed in OVS 3209 and 3309 several times near the middle of the resort. we hope to stay there next April.

Randy

DH - Dear Husband or something along those lines.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Wally....DH means Dear Husband
    Kristen

DH means "Darling Husband" "Dear Husband" or "D**n Husband" depending on the tone of the post and the mood of the poster on a given day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mestralle View Post
    Someday,

I am really sorry to hear about your TA and their refusal to return your phone calls. I might suggest that you get some sort of written confirmation from Couples about the dates that the perks were offered and send a copy to your TA with a letter threatening to take them to small claims court. Quite often this is enough to elicit a favorable response.

I'm not normally a hugely litigious person (well, personally that is, but I am an attorney, albeit one who normally deals with criminal law), but it irks me to no end that you got such a raw deal and what seems like a complete brush-off.

Just a thought.
    Thank you so much for the advise. We are going to wait until our credit card bill comes in. If there is no credit then we will proceed to take some sort of action. I will be happy if he does credit us but not as happy as I would have been using the spa and shopping at the giftshop while I was at Couples.

Vee,

We stayed in OVS 3316. It was a third floor corner room with a view of the beach and it was centrally located. We loved our room. Good luck deciding.

Margi