Default CSA - December versus October

For those of you who've been to CSA in both October and early December, not Christmas, which time of the year is busier?

I've been going the last week in October and occasionally the first week for the anniversary party for a dozen years, but the weather has been getting worse each year. Last year there was a hurricane in the Gulf that screwed up the beach. This year it was Sandy. I remember several years where the surf was rough because of some distant storm. Our trips to CSA in April always have great weather, so it's easy to notice the difference. We're already booked for the anniversary week for 2013, but we're considering the first week in December for 2014 and beyond.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Neither is super busy. I would expect Dec is busier since it is not hurricane season then.

Monica and I have been travelling to CSA in December (normally around the 2nd week) since 2007. The weather is normally great. So far, we had about 5 days in 2010 (?) where watersports was cancelled due to rough surf and current from an offshore storm. I don't remember ever having a rain storm during the day that lasted more than 15 minutes. Hope to see y'all in 2014.

34 days and counting!!!!

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    Bob Marleys for everyone!!!!

We have been the first week, the second week and the third week. The weather is always beautiful, there are very few people and the price is right. I would go in December every year, but now we have a grand daughter and we need to be around for the holidays. We also go the first week in March. The last few years we have had several days of rain. I don't think that we even had an afternoon shower during our 3 December trips!!!

Default Yazmon

Quote Originally Posted by yazmon View Post
    We have been the first week, the second week and the third week. The weather is always beautiful, there are very few people and the price is right. I would go in December every year, but now we have a grand daughter and we need to be around for the holidays. We also go the first week in March. The last few years we have had several days of rain. I don't think that we even had an afternoon shower during our 3 December trips!!!
    Really there was alot of rain in March? I thought March would be beautiful and dry. I was there 7 years ago in March and there was actual fires because it was so dry and hot as hell. I hope not because I booked the first week of March for 2013.

We have been to the Ocho side in both Dec and Oct
    Oct seemed less busy
    the weather was great and the water (ocean) was warmer
    JED

We have tried November, December, January, and April. The best weather was always in December. We had a hurricane pass by the island in November to the West and rough up the beach front. December is usually booked early due to the discounts Couples runs.

Live is good