Default Give us your opinion of our Website

Greetings to All:

It now has been over one year since we launched our redesigned website. Whether you are a long-term visitor to the site or a newbie looking for enough relevant content and photos, What is your opinion of our Website? Is there enough information for you to make informed decisions? Is the site easy to navigate? If you had to pick one or two things you would like to see that is not currently on the site, what would they be? In addition, to populating the poll, please detail your opinions.

Couples Resorts

Hi Randy,

I like the new site, the information is easy to find and I love all the photos. I would add a tab at the top of the screen for Romance Rewards, it is a little hard to find.

Other than that the only thing that I would change is the photo here on the message board, I would rather see a pic of one of the resorts then this couple chasing each other.
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you will be a mile away and they will be barefoot!

Randy, I love the new website layout. My husband and I chose CTI in Jamaica for our wedding, having never been to Jamaica before.
    I will say that I think you should really integrate more of the information shared in the Message Boards on your FAQ Tab. I totally lived on the message boards while planning our wedding and honeymoon at CTI.
    Even just as a start, at least insert some of the main discussion areas from the message boards onto the FAQ tab.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the message boards, I'm not sure we would have booked Couples without seeing it first. The reassurance you get from your customers is HUGE. Couples should utilize that where ever possible on the website.

I would also suggest to add bigger maps of each of the resorts. The aerial views are great, but more photos would provide a bigger picture of the entire resort.

Hope this helps.

Danielle & Tim
    Weddingmoon @ CTI August 2011
    Planning our return Home!

I love the site. I would make it easier to find, early check in, reservation confirmations, and room availability.

It would be very cool to have a postable picture page for each separate resort page. The pictures could be posted by resort guests only and approved just as the photo contest and MB are. However, they would be sorted by resort and date posted. You could set up parameters to always have 4-5 pictures and self delete after that the pictures were posted in 3-6 months. This would give us non-paid couple's family members a feel of really be able to share what we love about each particular resort and keep people wanting to come back over and over again to see the new pictures of the resort they want to see and come to.
    Mark & Sylvia

Hi Randy,

My only suggestion would be to have a more detailed map of the resorts. Like the ones that are given to the guests when they arrive. They show a more detailed location of the room categories. I think this will help guests tremedously with there room category selection.

Randymon,

We like the new website but would like to make a couple of suggestions:

Could you please put the page numbers at the top of the thread as well as the bottom of the thread...It would save having to scroll down to the bottom to access the next page with the most current posts for us that check the site daily. Sometimes in the photo contest thread it can be a bit slow waiting for all the pics to load to get to the bottom of the page...no big deal but it would be more user friendly.

Also, a trip (fare) tracker in the book it now section would be fantastic to notify us when the costs of the flghts change to enable us to quickly and easily make our reservatons. Some online vacation companies offer them and it really is a great service.

Otherwise, one of the best interactive vacation sites out there.

Randymon,

My husband and I are taking our first trip to CSA 6/27 to 7/4. We have been married for seven years and have never taken a trip that is just the two of us. I go on a girls trip every year and really enjoy doing as much research as I can about the resort we are going to. When we started doing research this time the only thing we were looking for was an adults only. After viewing the couples website we made our decision. We love the 360 views, the detailed restaurant information, and the message boards. I feel that the website really prepares for what to expect on our vacation. Thank you for providing a wonderful website.

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    ... What is your opinion of our Website?...
    We like the new design fine and are quite used to it by now.

However, since the redesign, the lunch hours for CN's beachgrill have been incorrect leading to confusion, particularly for those wanting to eat lunch before an afternoon dive.
    We've posted the correction here:
    http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...282#post165282
    and here:
    http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...696#post136696
    but it has never been corrected.

The site (http://couples.com/negril/restaurants-bars.php) currently shows under "BEACH GRILL":
    "Lunch: 12:30pm to 2:30pm"
    It should read:
    "Lunch: 11:00am to 6:00pm"

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Hi Randy,

I like the new site, the information is easy to find and I love all the photos. I would add a tab at the top of the screen for Romance Rewards, it is a little hard to find.

Other than that the only thing that I would change is the photo here on the message board, I would rather see a pic of one of the resorts then this couple chasing each other.
    I agree with Blondie on both counts. Having that eye catching picture of the green bikini girl makes it hard to sneak, oops! ... I mean, VIEW the message board while "working."

Also, when viewing the location of the room categories on the 360 Map (at least for CTI) some of the buildings do not show their room category. Maybe that could be improved upon?

Otherwise, it's all good! Visit the site almost daily day dreaming about our next visit!
    Thanks, Randy!

Randymon,

I love the site as well, been looking at Couples for a number of years now. My wife and I will be celebrating our 30th Anniversary at CSA from 10/3-10/13. My only suggestions are;

1. to maybe offer a spot to enter in your desired dates and see what the costs (and the room availability) are for all 4 resorts. This would give potential guests a great overview of the cost for each resort and allow them to narrow it down.

2. Add page nmbers to the top of the forum instead of scrolling down to get to the desired page.

I have fallen in love with Couples and I haven't even been one of the resorts yet, thanks for the opportunity to provide feedback, look forward a special trip with the love of my life!

Hi! Love this board...I have taken a crazy amount of notes from advice and ideas on this board. It really takes some of my 'nervousness' about going out of the US for the first time...THANK YOU! I did like the idea of listing the pages at the top to make it faster. Otherwise AWESOME!!!

I like the website, but would like it if the "Couples News" section was updated a lot more frequently. It seems the "newsletter" is always half a year behind! Would like to read about improvements, new staff, etc. Thanks!

It works for me with a few of the suggestions previously stated!!

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Greetings to All:

It now has been over one year since we launched our redesigned website. Whether you are a long-term visitor to the site or a newbie looking for enough relevant content and photos, What is your opinion of our Website? Is there enough information for you to make informed decisions? Is the site easy to navigate? If you had to pick one or two things you would like to see that is not currently on the site, what would they be? In addition, to populating the poll, please detail your opinions.
    Add a sample menu of Bayside Restaurant

Randymon, Ditto on having the page at the top as well.
    The overhead maps could be larger... maybe 15% larger. The pictures once they are opened are stunning, but the overhead shot is a little small to navigate around. The site looks great and is easy to find what you're looking for. But this is coming from someone on the site 4 or 5 times a week. Someone new to the site may have a different opinion. Thanks.