Thread: First Day Tip

Default First Day Tip

OK, here's a new tip we learned from our recent trip to CN.

Once you have settled in your room on the first day/night...check that alarm clock next to the bed and make sure it is off! After a long day of traveling and finally arriving, we enjoyed a day in the sun, eating and drinking to our hearts content, and we finally called it a night, exhausted. Much to our surprise, we were 'rudely' awakend by the alarm clock screaming at us at 4:30AM...Geez, didnt it know we were on vacation?

Apparently the couple in the room before us must have had an early flight and needed to get up and out. Needless to say we didn't want to rise and shine that early! We recovered, but we learned to always check that alarm when we check in on our first night!

It's almost the first thing we always do when we get to our room because, like you, we were awakened at 4:30 am before & learned the hard way ........ The alarm is almost always on when we check it too. Turning off the alarm should be put on Housekeeping's list to do when they are turning over the room for the next guests but I'd still check it myself anyway just to be on the safe side.

Great advice to share with others .....
    Julie

Great reminder. Thanks.

Oh dear, thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to check it when we arrive