Default Question from 1st timer

My hubby and I will be at CSS July 3rd. I have a question about the TV. My husband likes to fall asleep watching TV. Does the resort have cable or are there only local channels? Thanks

They have cable

Hi,
    At CSS, they have either cable or satellite because they have many US channels and Jamaican too.

Have a great trip!
    suzyQ

Cable with some local programming. Most of the programming I have seen comes out of Miami. You will get ABC, NBC & CBS as well as some of the regular cable channels, including, I think ESPN.
    Vicky

I just looked at another couple's pics from recent CSS trips and they took a picture of the tv channel guide, which I was particularly interested in since we will be there for the MLB Allstar game. Same ESPN, NBC, WGN (can't remember all 40 of them) stations that we get here in the states. I can't remember if they included anything local, but there should be plenty to choose from! We'll be there 7/10- can you believe it's so close?????
    Mel Chandler
    Everyting irie, mon!

Satellite, the sports channels are there but ESPN is not the same ESPN from the US. Lots of soccer and cricket but I did catch a college football game that I wanted to see

Starz, cinemax, encore action, Travel channel, discovery and more. We always found something to put on while there

Enjoy your stay!

Quote Originally Posted by tsummers321 View Post
    My hubby and I will be at CSS July 3rd. I have a question about the TV. My husband likes to fall asleep watching TV. Does the resort have cable or are there only local channels? Thanks
    My husband and I are the same way (bad habit, I know) and, YES, CSS has cable! Enjoy your trip! You will probably be so wiped-out from your days and nights of fun and sun that you may fall asleep before the TV get turned on!

All four resorts have cable. You'll be able to get all of the network stations (ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox), which are out of a Miami-based affiliate, as well as basic cable stations and (I think) HBO.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

There's a cable

They have cable...New York, Miami, Los Angeles, Canada...

Note: CSS has similar (if not the same) channels.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Cable, lots of channels, local and USA. Depending on the room type you may have two TV's. One in the bedroom and one in "living room."

you'll get most of the U.S. channels that you know and....love? I believe it comes out of miami or somewhere else in F. there are some local channels too though. I usually had those on for the rare moments we spent in the room

Yep - cable - and actually a lot of channels - even Showtime. We stay in the Beachfront suites - I think there is one category that doesn't even have a t.v. - but I'm not sure.

Yes they have cable, with a large number of channels, most of which originate in the US, but make sure you go to show time, and enjoy the night life before turning on the tube.

CN had cable with limited channels. I hope the last thing on your husband's mind while at CSS is what is on TV while in bed. Have a great trip and keep us posted if you made it the whole vacation without the TV turned on at bedtime.....

Cable

They have cable with limited channels.

Here's the one from CSS last January:

[
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Default Wally

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    They have cable...New York, Miami, Los Angeles, Canada...

Note: CSS has similar (if not the same) channels.
    Wally, Couples Negril called... They are missing a channel guide from one of the rooms. Do you know what happend to it?
    Don