Default Buying clothes once you get there, Ladies!

I have a question/thought...I would like to buy some items as my 'souveniers'-t-shirts, wraps, the like...I wouldn't pack as much going, but would have more packed leaving...do you think this is a good way to look at this? I havn't seen this topic addressed, and I'm taking notes about everything! (lol). Thanks! Be there at CSA in 45 days! Yeah!

Hi cdjbook,
    I'm a guy but will give you my opinion. We have suitcases that expand by unzipping a zipper. My wife usually packs a medium size one that isn't expanded to its fullest. She likes to buy clothing for our kids and grandkids at CSA and put them in this suitcase. She'll buy beach wraps for our daughters and tee shirts for our son in laws and grandkids. Clothing usually doesn't add too much weight so it works out well. The two gift shops on the first floor of the Greathouse have really nice stuff from sandals to jewelery. There are also shops off the resort just a short walk down the beach. Also there's a gentleman who does hand painted tee shirts at CSA a couple of days a week on the beach. He's usually set up by the hair braiding, nail painting, jewelery stand near Seagrapes Cafe. You can't miss him because he'll have a line strung up with examples of shirts hanging from it. He also specially made us a small painting of a beach scene that we've hung in our bathroom at home.
    Enjoy shopping in Paradise, aka CSA!
    Steve

If you are buying wraps, or the cute little beach dresses (I saw many of these in the local gift shops and stores) they will take up very little room in your suitcase...T-shirts are pretty much the same..Just don't buy too many..Good idea though!

I bought two sundresses last year and left them in the suitcase. Nice surprise for me when I went to get the suitcase out as I had forgotten about them. Wraps, sundresses etc. not a problem. T-shirts kind of run in odd sizes. I have one that is an extra large, stretchy, love it, but I don't wear an extra large. Things can be a bit pricey, so don't expect Walmart prices.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by cdjbook View Post
    I have a question/thought...I would like to buy some items as my 'souveniers'-t-shirts, wraps, the like...I wouldn't pack as much going, but would have more packed leaving...do you think this is a good way to look at this? I havn't seen this topic addressed, and I'm taking notes about everything! (lol). Thanks! Be there at CSA in 45 days! Yeah!
    They have a shop at the great house that has some clothing. I brought all my clothes though. Did not plan on buying clothes besides souvenier t-shirt. Glad I did. I saw some cute wraps and dresses but it might be hard to find your exact size.

Also, there are vendors up the beach with clothing.

I pretty much wore bathing suits (3) and coverups. Wore sun & maxi dresses the rest of the time. Wore my shorts only for the excursions.

The smartest thing I did was use my beach bag as a carry on for things we needed for the ride down. Then used it for the beach every day. Then it was my souvenier carry on for the flight home.

Have fun!

My husband gets swim trucks every year at CTI and I also get some things. Last year I bought a dress for the repeaters dinner in the gift shop. Both the gift shop and logo shop have nice things.
    Dianavr

Depends on how much shopping you want to do

Personally, I was much too involved with my hummingbird drink to get my lazy butt off the beach chair to shop....

I like it! You'll find some beautiful wraps there and certainly there are t-shirts...Also, there are sundresses for sale by vendors as well as the resort shop. You could almost take an empty suitcase!!

But don't expect to see a lot of shopping places at the resort. It's kind of limited. You will not be overwhelmed with shopping opportunities.

If you're at all hard to fit or unusually sized, I'd make sure you bring a decent minimum of clothing with you. I'm reasonably tall with a thin frame but a generous "front porch", and most of the dresses in the gift shop didn't fit me very well. It seemed like if it was big enough for my boobs it showed my bra, or sometimes just wasn't flattering. I did find one I really liked, but if I hadn't packed some of my own stuff I think I would have been disappointed. But it's my impression that some of the other resorts have more shopping than CTI, where we stayed. (I took the excursion to the Taj Mahal our first year...no ladies' clothing of great quality. I could have skipped it and this year, I stayed "home"!)

That said, we've now been twice and I am going to really decrease the amount of clothing I bring. I'm tired of bringing stuff home unworn! We pretty much live in bathing suits and coverups (me) t-shirts (him) and if you enjoy the au natural experience, you won't even need many of those. A couple nice outfits for dinner, something for the excursions and you're set. I brought a dress for every night and I feel like I could probably make do with fewer.