Thread: Split Stays

Hybrid View

Default Split Stays

Just got back from CSS (first time) and cannot wait to go back..in fact we want to bring our son and his girlfriend next time. But we were not impressed with the snorkeling/diving but really enjoyed it in Negril.We were thinking 3 nights in Negril and 4 nights at CSS.Has anyone done the split like that..does couples provide complimentary transportation from one site to the other?Also..will one trip insurance policy cover the stay at both hotels?Any insight is much appreciated.
    Last edited by chacy; June 7th, 2012 at 12:06 PM.

I was thinking about the same with a split stay between CTI and CSA, but got turned off by the 3 hour drive from Ocho to Negril! YIKES! Not sure if we want to do that..If we can afford to return in 2013, it may just be CN/CSA split stay since they are both in Negril.

yes they do. They are close by

I can answer one of your questions, split stay transportation is complimentary through couples. I honestly don't know about the trip insurance.

We did a split several years ago, for (7) days or shorter, I would stay in (1) place

Lot's of packing, waiting to travel, traveling, waiting for new room, unpacking. You have to go through the whole check-in and check-out process twice.

We had to take the shuttle back to the airport and then take another one from the Airport to Negril. They might shuttle you between the (2) resorts direct but that is a long drive. If you have to go back to the airport from CSS (2 hrs) , then another (1.5) hrs from Airport to Negril.

sorry, we never buy trip insurance so do not know the answer to that one.

Don't know about the trip insurance. We did a split between CSA and CSS last December. Seven days at CSA and four at CSS to meet up with some people there. Couples did provide transportation without having to stop at the airport. The drive went by pretty fast. While we were at CSS the snorkling was canceled along with the glass bottom boat. We do enjoy both places, they are different, but each has it's reason for us to visit.

Hi Chacy!

We did a CN/CTI split about 5 years ago before the highway was completed. We were there a litle longer - 5 days each resort.

Though I'm very happy we did it, I think that 7 nights isn't enough for that to work. Couples will provide you the transportation to the two resorts, however, you will need to get off the bus at the airport and catch the next bus to CSS. This is confusing, becuase without a valid ticket they will not let you into the airport. So you basically end up waiting outside with no clue which bus is yours. I think we waited for about an hour before we finally tracked someone down to tell the couples lounge that we were waiting outside. It will aslo take you at least 4 hours to make this trip. (I think in our case it took around 6).

Bottom line - I loved being able to experience the Negril side without having to give up our favorite resort but I don't think that I would do it again. Of course, it may be the perfect excuse to stay two weeks instead of one....

Transportation is included free of charge...anytime you want. If you leave at 6:00 am, you will make it to the other resort before 8:30 am. You will just beat the traffic in Montego Bay. If you wait until 10:00 am to leave, it may take 4 hours for the trip. They used to stop at the airport if needed to pick up or drop off other guests, but now they provide a private, straight through transfer. We have done it 4 times!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by chacy View Post
    Just got back from CSS (first time) and cannot wait to go back..in fact we want to bring our son and his girlfriend next time. But we were not impressed with the snorkeling/diving but really enjoyed it in Negril.We were thinking 3 nights in Negril and 4 nights at CSS.Has anyone done the split like that..does couples provide complimentary transportation from one site to the other?Also..will one trip insurance policy cover the stay at both hotels?Any insight is much appreciated.
    IMHO, I think you will be rushed with doing 7 days between these two resorts. Just think that you will miss most of your first day at Negril because it is at least an hour drive from airport to Negril. When you arrive, there's the unpacking, getting settled and it's at least mid to late afternoon when you are ready to experience CN. You have day 2 and day 3 is a repacking day or night. Not everything happens every day at CN (I'm sure it's the same at CSS) so you would miss some great activities (ie catamaran cruise, lobster night, beach party, repeater's dinner, etc.) If any day is windy or choppy water, snorkling will not be as good. Then, to move to CSS, is a multihour drive---unless you can spend the money to fly between the two resorts. If Couples drives you, again, you "waste" almost an entire day on the road. Again, my opinion, a split with CN/CSA or CSS/CTI would be less time spent in travel. Couples does provide transportation between resorts but they may take you back to airport and wait for those going to Ocho Rios or may take you straight there. Travel insurance should cover your stay at both resorts. IMHO, I'd do at least 5 days at each resort. Hope this helps.

We're doing 7 days at CTI Jan 15 (2013) thru the 23rd. Then we're transfering to CSS and staying till the 31st. Jen's parents are going to join us for the 7 days at CSS. Since the resorts are only 5 miles apart, the transfer will be easy. We'll just stay at CTI till about 2:30, then go to CSS for the check in. Or Go earlier in the day and let them store our luggage and we'll go to the AN beach and have some fun in the sun :>) I don't know if this helped, but I think if your going to split your vacation, try staying at the resorts that are close to each other.

I agree with oxbgirl - 7 days is too few to do a split. We are doing a split stay next February, with 7 days at CN followed by 7 at CSA. I wanted to do a CSS/CN or CSS/CSA split, but last time we were at CSS it was very cloudy so Hubby has insisted on Negril where we have always had wall to wall sunshine - no problems, its all good to me!

Thanks you guys..really thinking about it..I LOVE CSS..but wanted my kids to experience the really perfect beaches in Negril.But seriously..if we are paying...the final desicion is up to us..

The trip insurance covers you for your entire stay on the Island as long as you purchase BOTH locations through Couples!

We are doing a CN/CSA split for August. Purchased CSA through Couples and CN through American Express. I asked if the insurance would cover BOTH. I was told YES by the Ivanna S at Couples. However she ASSUMED we would be purchasing the additional nights at CN through Couples site. Now here it is several months later and my TA just received a follow up email from Ivanna saying sorry.....she made a mistake! IF I would have known I needed to purchase through Couples to have the insurance be valid I would have since the cost of the additional 5 nights was the same regardless of where I got them!